What are your goals for season 3 ?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
With it's approach, I think that a thread like that is an order.

Personally I want to get demoted from master league to diamond, since in the upcomming 12-16 months I will have no time to play seriously, rather just for the lulz. (The reason for that is that I have some trips until the end of summer and after that is starting my last year of school, I have exams from december 2011 to june 2012)

What do I get when being in diamond ? Some good players, some weak players, over all place to chill, farm out the 500 win icon I want so, so bad (just as a ref I don't have the 250 win version so far xD) Lay low, maybe be in top 8 (which is literally impossible to do while I am in master since people in top 8 usually meet GM players often, monsters like Morrow are master top 5, yeah, exactly, morrow isn't 1st in his division).

So to cut a long story short, with the beginning of the 3rd season I will get a casual approach to starcraft 2, stop compeating in tournaments, most likely remain teamless and just play for the shit and lulz... play more customs, map, make tutorials, keep a closer eye on the players I like...

What about you ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually only play custom games (but standard maps) instead of ladder games. Dunno why, i just like it this way.
but recently i started to play 2 vs 2 ladder games because its hard to find a good 2 vs 2 custom game on BNet. I want to train a little bit for the tournament.
Maybe i will keep playing 2 vs 2? I dont know, i dont like 1 vs 1. I believe 2 vs 2 is way more interesting and funny.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
I will actually play melee.
I will have to resign my title as the world's semi-possible greatest rank 72 diamond in the world.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Get into plat for 1s, but as of right now its matching me up with silvers (oh noes) so the goal is probably 'stay in gold league'
also, improve my micro and move away as mutas being my main force. (you can ask vine about my awesome micro and syn about my awesome mutas trololol)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
My goal is to get into Masters. But I hardly ever melee anymore so that's unlikely.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am hoping to reach diamond in one of the team divisions.

I personally find team games more interesting than solo, as long as everyone is pulling their own weight.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
If you want we can become diamond in 2v2 literally now :D We just need a 5-0 score, which is acheavable : )

On a more serious note: Add me, we can play team games, I want to farm an icon anyways ^_^

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I am hoping to reach diamond in one of the team divisions.

I personally find team games more interesting than solo, as long as everyone is pulling their own weight.
Team is more fun since you get to talk to people, but solo is more intense.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Get into masters, which is probably gonna happen since I am currently rank like 10 diamond.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
If I were you I'd make sure my win ratio is going well. A guy I know is continously rank 1 in his division (Diamond) he is top 20 in eu (in the diamond only ladder that is) and he has been in diamond for the entire season, on the top, but diamond.

The dude plays a lot of games, which is something I respect, so his win ratio is prolly arround 55ish %
I am not sure how the system works, when I got promoted I was rank 40ish in diamond, given the number of your ladder games and a decent position though I think you have a good chance, just don't go on a loosing streak now : P

Anyway good luck to everyone with acheaving their goals !

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>Bloodcount
I'm at my girlfriend's at the moment, but I shall add you when I get home tomorrow, and if you're on we can do some icon farming :p

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Your current rank has nothing to do with promotion/demotion.
I was like rank 60 when I got promoted into master.

Win/loss ratio is more important. Win a lot (66% upwards) and you'll get promoted quickly.

PS:
My goal is to stay where I am right now.
I won't have the time/patience to get into Grandmaster (I believe I could do it with sufficient playing) so I'll just sit somewhere in master and be happy about my 2:1 win rate.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Your current rank has nothing to do with promotion/demotion.
I was like rank 60 when I got promoted into master.

Win/loss ratio is more important. Win a lot (66% upwards) and you'll get promoted quickly.

PS:
My goal is to stay where I am right now.
I won't have the time/patience to get into Grandmaster (I believe I could do it with sufficient playing) so I'll just sit somewhere in master and be happy about my 2:1 win rate.

Hmm, that is strange. Oh well, even though I can't actually view my win/lose ratio because of Blizzard, I don't know the exact value. Although recently I've been winning most of my games. Like 8 out of 10 or so I'd guess. Only just recently though.
You could definitely get into Grandmaster if you wanted to; you're really good now, if you practiced more you could definitely be at the level some of my GM friends are. You're also the only person I practice with that consistently beats me ^__^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.