What does AI Commands do?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Code:
Send Player 1(Red) the AI Command (Command, Data)

When you click on Command or Data it brings up a number to type in. Anyone have any idea what does what?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm not sure. Possibly take a look at the AI editor and see if you can find anything there?

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ai command is Artificial Intelligence Data.There you can command what will your units build or your enemies as well.That commands runs the Ai Properties which you can found up in your We Near Object Editor!

Note: Ai Is for advanced We Members... :thup:

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ai command is Artificial Intelligence Data.There you can command what will your units build or your enemies as well.That commands runs the Ai Properties which you can found up in your We Near Object Editor!

Note: Ai Is for advanced We Members... :thup:

I know everything about the AI editor and what it does. I just didn't know what the action for commanding AI did, like what each number stands for.

Crusher

Reaction score
Ai number stands for Ai Configuration or Settings.The numbers are values in Ai Editor...

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ai number stands for Ai Configuration or Settings.The numbers are values in Ai Editor...

But how can I tell whats what though? Do I just go through all the values and count up to the one I need to edit or something?

Edit: Btw just making sure, but you do know I'm talking about the trigger action "Send AI Command" and not the AI editor right?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
/bump

I just want to know how to command the AI to attack, (Not with the "pick every unit in unit group and issue order to attack blah blah) because that just doesn't work if the AI is controlling the unit or units, they will just take it and move it right back to where they want it.

Crusher

Reaction score
Thank you,but I am not too much in Ai Editor...Perhaps AceHarth Would know this.. :p

(Crusher8: AceHarth where are you?)
(AceHarth: Stfu,Im busy!)
(Crusher8: :O )

:D

Lol Joke don't take this seriously...(Right)!?!

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thank you,but I am not too much in Ai Editor...Perhaps AceHarth Would know this.. :p

(Crusher8: AceHarth where are you?)
(AceHarth: Stfu,Im busy!)
(Crusher8: :O )

:D

Lol Joke don't take this seriously...

Haha! :thup:

Lol, going OT. I bet he'll edit your post for that lol.

Back on topic.

If there was some way to detect what each number meant, then I could use a custom script code to do it.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I've used the action before but only in conjunction with the AI editor. In the AI Editor, you can add conditions to allow the AI to do something, like start building or start attacking. When adding the conditions, you can reference the 'Command' and 'Data' values but their meaning is whatever you define them as in the AI Editor. To help that make sense:

I want to have a custom AI that that only starts attacking when X unit dies. So in the AI Editor, I add to all my attack waves the condition:
JASS:
(Last command sent, remove the command) Equal to 1

Then you can use this trigger to send the command to the AI:
Trigger:
  • AI Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - X Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • AI - Send Player 1 (Red) the AI Command (1, 0)

I'm sure this is only the most basic usage of the action. But when writing your own AI scripts in Jass, you would be able to increase the functionality of these commands to get the AI to respond to heaps of different situations.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of how to use it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.