what i dislike the most about warcraft 3 custom maps?

muchalive

Reaction score
hi this forum was dedicated to all of you warcraft people!!! plz feel free to say what you dislike the most about world editior's maps.

by doing this, this may help world editiors make better maps and stop making the same old mistakes that they do over and over again.:D

:D:(:mad::banghead: What i dislike the most about most people's map is that its the same thing over and over again! they make a map from diffrent cadigories like tag , TD , loap , and others that i dont know the letters to.

What i beieve that people should try to do is make something more out of the box. like maby an interaction game like the DS dog or maby some classic board games like what that editor did with tettris. that awsome by the way :D

so what do you think?

NOTE: say what you feel and also say what you think would improve the problem becasue whats the point of saying a to a person and not telling them how to fix it :D

NOTE 2: veiwer discrition advised! , may break keyboard, may break hands, heads, and mind :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate crappy tooltips.
I hate bugs. Leaks suck too.

I hate 3.999999mb maps loaded with models which are used like once. >.<

Will update this [or post again] when I think of more.
There are more =]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
i'd say lack of originality, re-creation of maps, editage too!

m,aybe make something of your invention, like ''are u a retard'', tetris, art contest, these are filled with originality.

Make un-seen b4 games, not these DotA editors (but some are good, like dota heroes, more i can't name), remake of some Ultra known TD's.

Try to malax between 2 map, like TD + Hero Def, Aos and mini games, etc...

get the point?

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Dont Forget Battle Trains Don. :)

Polish:

No I think the reason is most games aren't very well polished.
And people try to make these large games that function 100% but just haven't spent the
time it needs to have a edge compared to other games.Like A current game i
am working on is basically done. But its boring...and a bit hard to learn
(takes 5 min), so i am gonna have to spend alot of time spicing it up.
Other wise people seem to just play the the most polished map of that type out there.

Standing On its Own:

I think its fine if people still make tds as long as they have enough of a twist to it,
to feel its , its own game. (P.S i never liked tds very much...)

Just doesn't Fan out:

Also Some maps were doomed from the start.
Some games just don't make it because of things you don't see till too late.
Like Tetris could be a fun multiplayer game online, but towards the end of the
project i realized the key bored input is too slow (Online at least). So it sorta
killed the chance of the game becoming big, and really fun.

As For Leeks:

Most of my games leek (did i say that out loud?!) partly because i just learning what they are.
But the games only have a few units in them.(less then 200) So theres no notable lag. So depends on the game.

-----And Most important.....Does it have The words Chuck Norris in the title?------

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
About are you a retard, I really dislike people who create their own version of an already existing map. Like I've seen several version of are you a retard, but different author. I think they should at least rename it or using another tileset to show that it's their map.

Also I dislike imbalance maps.. For example Angel Arena, it's a great map and I used to play it before. But later it got annoying with heroes that attacks 5 times a second and got 100% bash.

Nudl9

Reaction score
I made a retard map that is a bit different, though i never got to finish the whole map since it got corrupted! xD

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
I hate maps that don't tell me what to do, or does it crappily. I also don't like maps with repeated gameplay.

I don't mind crappily coded maps though, as long as it does not hinders gameplay.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate maps that don't tell me what to do, or does it crappily. I also don't like maps with repeated gameplay.

I don't mind crappily coded maps though, as long as it does not hinders gameplay.

Ahh.. thats another thing.

The game starts, and you have a hero and a huge unexplored map.
Player 1 is some foriegn non-english-speaking person who doesn't explain anything and just runs off.

Then you die a few minutes later. You didn't know what to do.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Maps in a language i can't read, hard to know what to do when you can't read what the hell its saying

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I dislike maps which are not balanced. It's like every time you play, one player or group of players will, due to imbalance, will always win, not matter what.

muchalive

Reaction score
new cadegory and gameplay for warcraft

lol nice posts everyone! so... lets try to be cunstructive now instead of destructive!

Knowing that games are mostly repeated in warcraft and outside of warcraft, lets try to think of a new idea for games, like a new cadegory and a new type of gameplay. got any ideas? its hard i know but try it! make this a '' i cant sleep because im thinking of this post question'' :D

My idea: new warcraft cadegory: ZT = zoo tycoon. gameplay: something like that fish aquerium game called aquamerine or something found in some websites.

well ill think of more ideas... yawn.... time for bed ;)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's a "Warcraft Cadegory"?
Isn't zoo tycoon a PC game?

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
zoo tycoon is a pc game where you ubild your own zoofill it with animals etc. The "fish aquerium" game your thinking of i think is insaniquarium where you grow your fish and kill aliens that come at random times.

muchalive

Reaction score
ya it is, but its kind of like a cadegory to. By the way, has anyone made something like that in warcraft?

If not they should start making it then. :D

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
that was bugging me to, a zoo tycoon map doesn't seem like it woudl be all that fun, just another loap i'm thinking

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.