What is better?

MP®

Reaction score
I have multiple triggered abilities which are partly the same... Is it better (for less lag, less cpu cost) to put as much as possible in 1 trigger, so it will be a few very big triggers, or just make many small triggers?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
i'am not sure. but i heard that its bad to have too many triggers running from the same event. so the way i handle this is that i have one trigger that checks via conditions which actions actualy should be run

Even Unit Dies
----Conditions A then
--------Run Trigger With Actions A
----else
--------Conditions B then
------------Run Trigger With Actions B
--------endif
----endif

but don't take my word as a fact :/ like i said its just something i heard

MP®

Reaction score
Ok well that could be, but I think thats only when you don't have any main conditions to run the trigger..

But I want to know for sure..

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
More Events == More Work to do.

It is true that putting everything into a single trigger will make the game work slightly faster. But the editor will slow down when loading the triggers.
However, the gain is minimal since its just a little bit of overhead you would be getting rid of.
If you are really a performanceholic do it but better do it after your map is finished, working with such huge triggers is not easy and can lead to bugs more often.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
More Events == More Work to do.

It is true that putting everything into a single trigger will make the game work slightly faster. But the editor will slow down when loading the triggers.
However, the gain is minimal since its just a little bit of overhead you would be getting rid of.
If you are really a performanceholic do it but better do it after your map is finished, working with such huge triggers is not easy and can lead to bugs more often.

thanks for the clarification

Amn

Reaction score
i prefer to create triggers on demand
the best performance by far
but u need jass

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.