What is TFT and ROC

ZophtX

Reaction score
i downloaded a map and found out it is a w3x and not a w3m. so i searched around google all i know that W3X is a TFT and a W3M is a TFT and a ROC. but what are they and how can i open and play the TFT map in Warcaft 3.(not Forzen Throne). if it is even possible to play. and i also would like to see how the map was made. I new to the WorldEdit thing soo i want to see how other made their map and how it works.

so what does TFT and ROC stand fore?
what games can they be used in. (Warcaft 3, Warcaft 3:ForzenTrone, or both)

thanks for you help in advanced.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The Frozen Throne (TFT) is the extension to Reign of Chaos (ROC) and can open both .w3x and .w3m Maps with the World Editor. Whereas ROC can only open .w3m Maps.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
TFT stands for The Frozen Throne (the expansion). W3X files require The Frozen Throne. You can't play a "TFT" (.w3x) map without The Frozen Throne.

ROC stands for Reign of Chaos, which is the subtitle for the original Warcraft 3. W3M files are for the original Warcraft 3, and can be run in ROC or TFT.

ZophtX

Reaction score
Thank you for you explanation. it is a bummer that i cant use the W3X map until i get Warcaft 3: Forzen throne.:banghead::rolleyes:

srry for asking such a newbish question.

i didnt realize the the Warcaft 3:Forzen Throne had the "THE" word. i keep forgeting that Region of Choas is the name of Warcaft 3. even tho i play the game 6 hours a day. i quess i just dont pay attenion to the name:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.