What the...?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I don't know if you ever used pivot Jindo, but it takes a long time for a clip this long.

Jindo makes flash games. Which takes lots of more effort than copying pasting/moving a bunch of sticks around on a screen. There is coding, individual animation, and various other aspects such as sound implementation, etc. Pivot is like a cheaper, less functional, rip-off of flash. The only perk to is that it's free.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, I have to disagree with w/e about how Pivot isn't a great tool. Wonders can be done with it, and it is practically one of the best free animation tools. I have flash, but I didn't sit down and learn to use it yet.

Pivot just takes time. There are many elitists with it. Because it is free, doesn't mean that it sucks. Take Whitesock for an example and many other incredible graphic artists that use GIMP. ;)

Just saying, I don't want to create an argument about it.

But still, to have some relevance to the topic, you are getting much much better. :) Just keep it up, and you'll be great in no time! :D

duyen

Reaction score
Flash Games huh? I've never made a flash game but I've made RPG's before in vB.

So I can't really compare.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can call it that...

It's funny and amusing, but it hardly compares to the amounts of effort put into sigs and LPs by other users here.

I'm sure you put some effort into this, but I don't consider it to be art.

I agree. Also, you should take criticism and comments and stuff.
instead of:

= Its crap
- I know
= It's not smooth
- it isn't meant to be

Etc.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Sorry, when I was talking about pivot, I should've worded it a little better. What I was saying was that flash is just a generally better tool and that is what's to be expected from a program that is far more expensive.

duyen

Reaction score
Anyhow, I ment to post this in the Humor Zone, as the goal is not impress people with my art skillz, rather then to make them laugh. Someone wanna move it there?

Thanks.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I don't know if you ever used pivot Jindo, but it takes a long time for a clip this long.

I have actually tried Pivot, it's so much easier to animate something smoother in Flash, and it doesn't take very long at all to produce something of quality :).

And as w/e and Purge have said, I make Flash games, which I would say requires alot more focus and effort than making animations in Pivot, though I have seen some pretty amazing stick animations done with Pivot, I dislike the program.

Anman64 said:
Anyhow, I ment to post this in the Humor Zone

Gladly moved, I'd like to see Pivot threads made in the Humour Zone from now, unless you're trying to get feedback :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.