What would you like in a AoS

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Hey I have been creating a map for some time now. And i was wondering What the people that play these maps want in it. And if u could give some hero suggestions or map with heros in them and if there good ill give u some creidt in my map when beta 6 comes out. Heres the link to dl my map

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/?order_field=&order=&cat=&search=FoD+Beta+Version+

Give me some suggestions if you play the map Thanks

The dueling is a little buggy but that will be fixed by next version. Due out probley next weekend. Thanks

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Here are my comments, I did a 2 on 2 LAN match:

-Arena doesn't work.

Why?

When the arena starts, one of the Chosen One heroes stays in the arena and may not move for the remainder of the match as an AoS, he may only move when a match starts, and becomes immobile when the AoS starts.. The other who is not in the arena may not move and will not appear in the arena, he is immobile and will only move after the match ends.

Well, I don't know what the destroyed towers do but there's a typo if you can see that it says destoryed or something like that.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I like games like AotZ and ToB.

rediculous item combinations=bad

Crazy custom hero abilities=good

cool creeps=good

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Here are my comments, I did a 2 on 2 LAN match:

-Arena doesn't work.

Why?

When the arena starts, one of the Chosen One heroes stays in the arena and may not move for the remainder of the match as an AoS, he may only move when a match starts, and becomes immobile when the AoS starts.. The other who is not in the arena may not move and will not appear in the arena, he is immobile and will only move after the match ends.

Well, I don't know what the destroyed towers do but there's a typo if you can see that it says destoryed or something like that.

k first things frist. I am still working on the arena. There is some minor things that i need to do. The "destoryed" towers(sry typo dint see that) is for later versions when you can go by it and puchase a tower and create it there. But i need help on trigger hopefully some one can do that. And thank you for not comparing this with dota. Bec this is still in the beta's alot of people expect it to be a version 6.40 it is not one. It still needs work. And my goal is not to make it a dota. im trying to get features in it. (over time) that dota does not offer. And striges(over time) thank you for taking your time to look at it. And if u think u can help me in any way at making this better leave a post down(if u can help in some triggers of some sorta). And some of the heros are unbalnced those will be fixed by next version which i will link here when it is done. If you have any other suggestions ples do tell. Thank you. And this has been manly a one man job and it has been hard work. But i have finally realized that some triggers will need to be done by people that have done this for some time. And thats y i thanked M for the triggers on the towers. But i enjoye making maps and im excited when i see people play it. It really means something. Thanks agian keep tiping and suggesting. And lord can u explian the rediculous item combinations. What would u put in there or change it?

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Can you trigger spells with damage and stuff(EXP:make a hero with 4 ablitys one being level 6) They dont have to all be tiggerd just mabey his last move since its the most powerfull. Make it look cool. Post if u can i wouldnt mind that if u can

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
~My thoughts on this map~

Item Recepies need more work, also, where is the health stone?
Nerf Heros or beef up units & towers, I was lvl 6 and in their base.
Lots of spelling and grammar errors.
I would prefer making just a spell but I might do a hero, leme see if I have any lying around lol

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Ok man ya im redoing the heros for next version if u can get me spells and stuff post them or pm them thanks. Ill be off line for a little or tonight not sure thanks.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Give me the damage and other stuff for the spells.

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Um Eye Candy can u explian that a litte?

Thank you guys for your post and dl. Keep them coming.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I'd like more eye candy plz. xD

Um Eye Candy can u explian that a litte?

Thank you guys for your post and dl. Keep them coming.

Eye candy is something that appeals to the sense of sight, usually being creative and out of the ordinary. Some examples would be custom models, icons, and spells. You could also play around with attachments for certain items to add to the effect. DotA does not have eye candy in my opinion, except for the polished simplicity of the map. I haven't downloaded the map as I am at school right now, but here are some suggestions of mine.
  1. Clean terrain - Organization is key for me. I like maps that I can learn myself without asking others too much. When I played DotA, I had a good idea what I was doing because the map was very straight forward.
  2. Uncluttered bases - If I am unfamiliar with your map, I want to be able to find things easily.
  3. Good item organization - Group similar items together like DotA did. The +int items are in the same columns, etc.
  4. Balanced heroes - There will always be imbalance no matter what, but a lot of imbalance will lead people away from you r map.
  5. Creep/Summoning scaling - Pushing heroes in many AoS's lose potential late game as heroes reap the benefit of items.
  6. Clean Tooltips - I want to know what things do. Have the correct hotkeys and values. One of the biggest turnoffs for me in a map is bad tooltips.
  7. No bashing items - Bashers are overpowered. I hate seeing a noob stack up on bashers and beat someone that is doing good just because he is stunned the whole time.
  8. A good way to distribute leavers resources - I hate the drama of people fighting over items. I would have them be sold for the value the were bought at then divided. That is just me though.
That is mostly what I expect from every map, just not AoS maps. I hope this list helps you because I am sure a lot of people can agree with most of what I have here.

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion and your help. And ples keep them coming. I have a question. When the hero dies his icon of hero at the top goes green. How would i change that? So its not green. Thanks

Prometheus

Reaction score
He need to make a icon set for that hero.
eg. BTN, DISBTN, PASBTN, and DISPASBTN.

Chaz32621

Reaction score
When the hero dies what BTN, DISBTN, PASBTN, and DISPASBTN do i need??

Isnt Btn for just hero with out being dead. But what is dead icon DISBTN, PASBTN, and DISPASBTN?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
More items, recipes, features, and heroes would be appreciated :).

Also, the terrain needs to be worked on a little more. I think that's it.

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Yes more iteams and heros will be added by versions(at the moment its beta so u wont see no 80 something heros.) Thank you for ur suggestions. And what is wrong with the terrian?? Thanks.

Also im going to add some new modes to game play(keeping a secret till i have got them in it)

Thanks alot.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'm going to make some nice passive and agressive abilities, nothing epic though.
If you give me the icons, I can make you the set.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.