Whats reputation for?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Is it for allowing stuff or is it meant for permissions and stuff like administrators...or is it to let the community know how much you help out ...etc...

N

Naine

You don't know?

Well... Reputation is to show how helpful you are, or if you are funny, have good personalities ect. This shows all that because you get +repped for certain good deeds you do.

Positive Reputation is obtained when you do something nice, or funny, and a member awards you for it.

When you do something mean, offensive, breaks the rules or anything like that, you get Negative Reputation.

The amount of reputation you get from a member is determinded by the amount of "Rep Blocks" under their name. For example, since you have one block, if you were to +rep sonmeone they would get 1 more rep. When you get 75 rep points, you get 2 green boxes under your name, and so on.

Negative rep is displayed with red blocks under your name.

Blue boxes means you have 0 rep exacly.

When you +rep someone when you are in Negative Rep, your rep doesn't count.

You can see how much reputation points, and who you got it from, in the User CP at the top of The Helper. It's right beside FAQ.

To give reputation to someone you click on the "scale" in the top right corner of the person's post. There, you can either select: "I approve" or "I disapprove". If you click I approve, you plus rep them, and if you select I disapprove, you -rep them. It's always good to leave a copmment, so they know why you repped them.

Hope this helps!

Z

Zero R.

And if you decide to tirn off rep, in your User CP, you get a black box.

If you have say... 49 rep, but when hovering in your 'box', it only says +25, it's normal. The text only updates at set numbers. So if you have 51 rep, it'll still you you have 50.

Not exactly helpful.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Rep... Has a purpose?

Since when...

In reality, it's just something that's used as a reward from the "higher ups", like the mods and admins. Every else barely gives any rep (like 1 point from each person. Lovely, right?)

It's something to obsess about. But please don't. If you do, we just might have to kill ya.

Try not to think about it. Alexander knows best.

N

Naine

Alexander said:
Try not to think about it. Alexander knows best.

Yes, there is no doubt about it! As ling as you been here, you must know this like the back of your hand.

But... Alexander tends to forget things in his age :D LoL :p

You see, reputation is one of those things that is on the side of your thoughts. You think about reputation, but don't obsess over it. That is what most people do.

But a large chunck of people think reputation is the only reason they help others. Makes sense to them. Everyone loves rep :D

So, in conclussion, I would do as Alexander says. Think about it, acknowledge it exists, but don't fret if you get -repped for something.

Have a repful day ;)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Zero R. said:
And if you decide to tirn off rep, in your User CP, you get a black box.

I've seen a few people with disabled rep, I've looked through User CP probably 3-4 times for this feature, can't find it though :(.

Do you have to have certain authority to disable your rep?

~Jindo

DM Cross

Reaction score
What certain authority is that? Cause I saw Phrex with it, and he's a Super Mod, right? Well, so am I, and yet :( Me no can find (Holy snap, we don't have a crying smilie face?)

DM Cross

Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
@Alexander: You might want to take a look at the forum leaders ^^

I love how I can completely miss the most obvious things in the freaking world, thus making a complete ass out of myself.

Good times... Goood times!

:rolleyes:

N

Naine

scotty1324 said:
whats is rep?

:eek:

ZOMG! Here we are talking about what it represents and... POP! here comes the new guy ;)

So... Here we go again...

Rep, is a short from for reputation. All members have access to giving people reputation. It is like a reward, or a thank-you for a good thing you say, or a punishment for something stupid or bad you did.

Reputation shows how helpful you are. The more reputation you have, it means the more people repped you. And people usually don't rep you for no reason. It is kind of like a second rank besides your group category (Like administrator, member, moderator etc.)

Positive Reputation is obtained when you do something nice, or funny, and a member awards you for it.

When you do something mean, offensive, breaks the rules or anything like that, you get Negative Reputation.

The amount of reputation you get from a member is determinded by the amount of "Rep Blocks" under their name. For example, since you have one block, if you were to +rep sonmeone they would get 1 more rep. When you get 75 rep points, you get 2 green boxes under your name, and so on.

Negative rep is displayed with red blocks under your name.

Blue boxes means you have 0 rep exacly. And a black box means that person has disabled their rep. Only administrators have access to this feature.

When you +rep someone when you are in Negative Rep, your rep doesn't count.

You can see how much reputation points, and who you got it from, in the User CP at the top of The Helper. It's right beside FAQ.

To give reputation to someone you click on the "scale" in the top right corner of the person's post. There, you can either select: "I approve" or "I disapprove". If you click I approve, you plus rep them, and if you select I disapprove, you -rep them. It's always good to leave a comment, so they know why you repped them.

The more reputation points you have, the more respected you tend to be.

You see, since I helped out the person I helped tends to give reputation as their thanks. Clue Clue.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Naine said:
Reputation shows how helpful you are.

HA!

What are you on, and where can I get some?

N

Naine

Crack, the local 7/11

I guess that isn't entirely true, but you do obtain it because you are somewhat helpful (sometimes)

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Ranks:

Special Member
Super Moderator
Administrator

Rep

Red Block(s) - You have an amount of negetive rep. Scroll over to the boxes to see the general amount of rep you have.
Green Block(s) - You have an amount of postitive rep. Scroll over to the boxes to see the general amount of rep you have.
Lime Green Block(s) - Once you get to 500 rep, you get a lime green block. And from then on, you get a lime green block for every hundred that you get. Until you reach a thousand.
Grey Block - You have no rep.
Black Block - You have disabled rep. (You can disable rep only if you're an administrator).

How to get rep

Be helpful.
Just kidding. It helps more to be funny. You rarely get repped for bieng helpful and if you do, it's probably from TH.
Do something for someone. Like make them a sig. You will probably be repped. (*cough*not me though*cough*) ((*points to all of w/e's 40 or so "clients" and perform a silent scream*)) :D

How to get -rep

Flame/Insult someone
Get random rep from some retard.
Say something offensive.
Have someone misunderstand you.
Cross a line.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Eight days isn't that bad, is it?

I got another rep question;
My rep stopped at 74. If you hover your mouse over my rep icon, you'll see that it says "75 +". I have 74 :p Does a moderator/super moderator have to approve that you become a SM?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
It's not automatic, if that's what you mean.
All Specials, and higher, have been called personally by TH Himself.

We're currently discussing though to wait for 1000 posts, and calculate the signal to noise ratio on those, and set some threshold for it.

If you pass...

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
All right. I'll keep on being nice, and see if he approves me. Thanks for the answer, anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.