What's Your Favorite Map?

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
It was a baseless slam on the map with no constructive content on how to make it improve.

Be the same if someone said one of your sketches sucked and then offered up no reason why.

I tend to find that people will make up completely untrue "reasons" why they don't like the map (ie. takes too long to go heal) when they simply haven't played enough or asked someone for help in how to play it (most of which the cod players are more than happy to help with)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya man un backed up map slamming is not allowed here. If you say something sucks back it up.

T

tys1701

I dont understand why people here hate dota. I mean just because its famous dosen't mean that its a crappy game???

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Sud said:
It was a baseless slam on the map with no constructive content on how to make it improve.

Be the same if someone said one of your sketches sucked and then offered up no reason why.

I tend to find that people will make up completely untrue "reasons" why they don't like the map (ie. takes too long to go heal) when they simply haven't played enough or asked someone for help in how to play it (most of which the cod players are more than happy to help with)

Ah, alright :) I see what ya mean. (I probably came to my assumption because not many people back their shit up anymore, eh? Hard to tell the difference between a reason not to like something, and bullshit, when all you have to compare to is more bullshit :D)

Kershbob

Reaction score
tys1701 said:
I dont understand why people here hate dota. I mean just because its famous dosen't mean that its a crappy game???

Must be the thousands of people that are stupidly good at it then.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Sud said:
Nah, stupidity ranges on a variety of topics. Offering up a mindless bash on something without any valid evidence as to why simply alludes he's an ignorant doofus to the maximus.

So if he said he hated DotA, would you have said the same thing? I think not.

Sud

Reaction score
He actually said he hated all AoSes other than Tides of Blood. Thus why I said "most map makers would be able to sense the stupidity inherant in your post". They can speak for themselves, if they wish.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Sud said:
He actually said he hated all AoSes other than Tides of Blood. Thus why I said "most map makers would be able to sense the stupidity inherant in your post". They can speak for themselves, if they wish.

So even if he said

I have to say i hate DotA, i think it's the crappest AoS that people actually play. Just my opinion. Well here is my 5 cents:-

You would have said the same thing?

Sud

Reaction score
No, because I cannot come up with any defense for Dota that would make the statement untrue, per se, and my extremely well thought out and argued reasons for why you can see in the many Dota threads on here.

If one does not have an advocacy for something, they usually don't advocate for it.

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
== Rant Initiated , Code 4 Danger Level ==
dota is entertaining, i want to hate it because of the lack of custom spells, which would prob be tooken off of wc3sear anyway, or the extreme unbalanced among heros, clinx has a ww with the duration equal to the cooldown, lion has an ult that does about 500 instant dmg( somewer around there) at level 6, thecryptfienddood(dont play him enough to know the name) has a short ww with like a 4 sec cooldown, zues has an ult that hits all heros in the map for a rather large amount of damage, lycan should be nerfed to the point of no return, he has speed increasing abil, insane dmg increase abil ( howl ) and an ult that insures that his target has NO chance of getting away, bloodseeker, my most favorite hero, i love him because hes so unbalanced, okay ima go into detail on this one........ Abil that increases dmg for about 10 secs while also silencing for that long, an abil that recovers a UNFAIR amount of hp, even if u just kill a creep, a abil that makes u nearly as fast as a lycan using his ult, if thers but a single hero whos below 50% hp, and u also gain vision of them, and sigh* rupture, the " if u run ur dead no matter what, but if u stand still u get to attack u to death" abil with a cooldown 2 1/2 times as fast as any average dota ult, i get so pissed in this game because its SO UNBALANCED ive named what? 5 , 6 heros among the 70 who are all unbalanced in there own lil way(sorta making it balanced in the end, but ignore that part), but i love it, its fun, that is all.

T

tys1701

erm if everything in dota is unbalaced isnt it the same as dota being balanced cause all the heros are the same i mean its simple logic.......

Grozzy

Reaction score
My Favorite maps !

Top Ten !

1#: Heroes and Empires
2#: Tree Tag Final
3# Murder at the sleeping town
4#: Julien's Open RPG
5#: Life of a Peasant
6#: Gladiator RPG
7#: Zerg Infestation
8#: Resident Evil
9#: Polar Escape 3
10#: The Riot !

DotA suck's

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
tys1701 said:
erm if everything in dota is unbalaced isnt it the same as dota being balanced cause all the heros are the same i mean its simple logic.......

Sorry, but thats not simple logic thats, turning the obvious into clmplex usless knolodge. Im not trying to be meen but when they say everything is unblanced think like one hero does 20 damage and the other does 2000. Thats unblalanced so there is tons of blancing issues.

My favorite maps:

Almost any TD
Real Life (for morons) [its like real life to me!]
Quatredans D&D Experiance
Team survival
Not rigged hero arenas (good luck finding one :rolleyes: )
And Not Dota (i dont like it because it took away all the variety from battle.net. And thats a good reason.)

R

R3velati0n

Lol poke the ogre annoys me, [because i suck at it lol]
I like any party games :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.