Whats your Speedtest connection?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
If that is the case, then one would post a "speedtest" of their connection in the post. A post without a "speedtest" picture would then be assumed to be a reply to the "speedtest" posted most recently, or if there was a quote in the post, the "speedtest" from the quote in the post.
#justsayin
I think your excitement is affecting your post-reading processes, I can't blame you though. Look at the title of this thread and then read his post again, slowly. Pinching yourself may distract you from your excitement to increase chances of success. (I say that jokingly of course lol.)

The first thing he says is "Slow", and then "I live on a mountain in Idaho with an ISP overloaded by kids downloading way too much stuff for school". It would be odd for him to call your connection slow when he's saying his is slow.
As for my speed, I haven't got to play with it much yet, as we got it while I was in the hospital. Doh :)
Time to, errr, play lots of Xbox and download things at the same time? I don't know, what do you look forward to doing with fast internet? Lol :D
You were in the hospital? How come? Overplanking it? Btw that words belongs to me now.

Well, now you can reload FaceBook at least twenty times more often in the same amount of time. It's great fun.

Seriously though, games. Download lots, and lots of games. I can chew through 160GB of data in a month, my folks both use like 20GB combined, if that lol.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I think your excitement is affecting your post-reading processes, I can't blame you though. Look at the title of this thread and then read his post again, slowly. Pinching yourself may distract you from your excitement to increase chances of success. (I say that jokingly of course lol.)

Actually, I was going to admit my wrong doing and explain myself, but thing you asked the following, which leads me to explain it anyways...

You were in the hospital? How come? Overplanking it? Btw that words belongs to me now.

Well for whatever reason I was in the hospital back when this all started, upon going to the hospital this past Wed. morning for abdominal pain (or so I thought...), all the motherfuckers did was attach me to an IV, give me fluids, and the pump me full of 2mg of Dilaudid, an opiate pain killer 6x to 8x stronger than morphine, every 3 hours. All was good, up until Thursday afternoon. Then, upon given me my oh-so-waited for injection straight to my veins of my oh-so-loved opiates one of the times, it didn't quite work as well. That euphoric feeling wasn't quite there. So I started freaking out, thinking everything was going to hurt like hell. I thought I was dying. So I started to go on a literal opiate-apeshit RAGE at the *hot* nurses, asking things like "Why did my meds work the first day, and they aren't now?! I want to talk to a doctor!" And they kept telling me that the doctors only came around a few times a day. And I went fucking APESHIT. Oh man, they took my meds. And so what do these motherfuckers do...?! They inject even more opium straight into my veins, up to 4mg in a 4 hour period at times. And then after that euphoric feeling wasn't quite there, because it wore off faster and didn't effect as much, my mom finally called it on Friday afternoon and I talked myself into it, and I went home... And the fuckers prescribe me a dilaudid pill prescription for my house! So now I have an intense opiate addiction, nothing feelings right, nothing tastes right, everything is uncomfortable, touching anything feels new and painful. Life is just uncomfortable without opium now and I want nothing to do with opium, and I won't have anything to do with opium or I will end up relapsing and killing myself. It mentally fucks with you, hard. And this blows, hard. Theres nothing I can do, for it's a completely physical addiction and it's imprinted in the mind. This opium addiction makes me want me freaking kill myself, though I won't(Oh man, I really hope this holds. This shit is intense and fucks with your mind big time), and I have to deal with it for the rest of my life. Big-pharma can kiss my ass right about now, how is this shit legal yet I can 12 to life for a few grams of weed...? I have addictions to nearly every drug known to mankind right now, but most are mental and I've never had a problem. This is way out of that league, and definitely a first for me. FML man...

So I apologize for jumping on that post like that Varine, that was right as I got home and I'm still grasping this new, very painful form of reality that is opium addiction. I am sorry.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
all the motherfuckers did was attach me to an IV, give me fluids, and the pump me full of 2mg of, an opiate pain killer 6x to 8x stronger than morphine, every 3 hours.
Why didn't you Just say "no" in the FIRST place. before they did give you it ? Well, when you know what it does to you.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Why didn't you Just say "no" in the FIRST place. before they did give you it ? Well, when you know what it does to you.

It's opium, you don't even have any idea. I was in a lot of pain, a LOT. They hooked me up to an IV, and gave me "pain meds that will help" that I knew nothing about, at the time. All I knew is that it made me feel better. I didn't know I was going to get addicted to them, I just wanted to feel better. And that complete sense of euphoria is imprinted in my mind, that thought of "all I have to do is go to the hospital and get dilaudid" or "all I have to do is take a pill and it's gone". I'm not consciously wanting to eat the pills or take the opium, my body is telling my mind that it's in pain, and it's only imprinted memory of feeling better is the opium. Perhaps research a bit, because opium addiction is very real. I'm not just fucking around to sound like a "badass" or something here. There are thousands dealing with this, and until I came into it myself, I didn't know how it felt. All the "tweakers downtown", the ones that are always high, always at methadone clinics and such. It's because this opium is telling them that their in a lot of pain compared to how they could be, and it's so easy to get to that spot, that they don't have the mental power to hold up against the addiction. And until you yourself aquire an opium addiction, you will -never- understand. I will always look like "a tweaker" to society, because this opium addiction makes me look half dead, breath really deep, and generally feel like I'm dying on a normal basis. So think twice before you say "Well why didn't you just...", because you have no idea what other people are going through, or what a real "physical addiction" is if you think it's as easy as just saying "no".

So my internet speed was a nice surprise from the newly found reality when I got home, so I was a little excited about it, which is probably why, as Icyculyr said, I got mad/offended. I was wrong.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I will always look like "a tweaker" to society, because this opium addiction
But don't you think you have a better chance to get rid of the addiction.
When you didn't had the crap so long time? Just wondering

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
But don't you think you have a better chance to get rid of the addiction.
When you didn't had the crap so long time? Just wondering

You go get pumped full of opium via IV, straight to your veins, heart, internal organs, for three days and come back and tell me how you feel, my friend. I'm not choosing to be in pain, to feel like I'm dying on a constant basis. I'm not choosing to be addicted and want nothing more than to eat a bunch of pills to reach that painless euphoria. Why in the world would I ever want to do that? It costs a lot of money and it costs a lot of my health. I weigh 120lbs right now, I lost 5lbs in the last week. I have to be on a constant watch for my weight or my body can shut down from lack of nutrients. Why in the world would anyone choose to do that if at all possible to avoid? I didn't pick this, I would give anything to not have to do this. And now I have to have the mental power to overcome the physical addiction, or else I can relapse and end up overdosing. Why would I, or anyone, want that? Think about it.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Well for whatever reason I was in the hospital back when this all started, upon going to the hospital this past Wed. morning for abdominal pain (or so I thought...), all the motherfuckers did was attach me to an IV, give me fluids, and the pump me full of 2mg of Dilaudid, an opiate pain killer 6x to 8x stronger than morphine, every 3 hours. All was good, up until Thursday afternoon. Then, upon given me my oh-so-waited for injection straight to my veins of my oh-so-loved opiates one of the times, it didn't quite work as well. That euphoric feeling wasn't quite there. So I started freaking out, thinking everything was going to hurt like hell. I thought I was dying. So I started to go on a literal opiate-apeshit RAGE at the *hot* nurses, asking things like "Why did my meds work the first day, and they aren't now?! I want to talk to a doctor!" And they kept telling me that the doctors only came around a few times a day. And I went fucking APESHIT. Oh man, they took my meds. And so what do these motherfuckers do...?! They inject even more opium straight into my veins, up to 4mg in a 4 hour period at times. And then after that euphoric feeling wasn't quite there, because it wore off faster and didn't effect as much, my mom finally called it on Friday afternoon and I talked myself into it, and I went home... And the fuckers prescribe me a dilaudid pill prescription for my house! So now I have an intense opiate addiction, nothing feelings right, nothing tastes right, everything is uncomfortable, touching anything feels new and painful. Life is just uncomfortable without opium now and I want nothing to do with opium, and I won't have anything to do with opium or I will end up relapsing and killing myself. It mentally fucks with you, hard. And this blows, hard. Theres nothing I can do, for it's a completely physical addiction and it's imprinted in the mind. This opium addiction makes me want me freaking kill myself, though I won't(Oh man, I really hope this holds. This shit is intense and fucks with your mind big time), and I have to deal with it for the rest of my life. Big-pharma can kiss my ass right about now, how is this shit legal yet I can 12 to life for a few grams of weed...? I have addictions to nearly every drug known to mankind right now, but most are mental and I've never had a problem. This is way out of that league, and definitely a first for me. FML man...

So I apologize for jumping on that post like that Varine, that was right as I got home and I'm still grasping this new, very painful form of reality that is opium addiction. I am sorry.
Ouch dude, that sucks hard. Your nurses/doctors are idiots.

The best thing I can say to you is go to some kind of rehab (if you can), and put up with the pain. It's like walking up a cliff without legs, but you gotta get off the stuff.

Zakyath

Reaction score
DDR, don't worry too much - dilaudid withdrawal doesn't last longer than a few days (and usually peaks after 9-12 hours), while morphine/opium withdrawal lasts much longer. but I'm sure it feels like hell at the moment...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
DDR, don't worry too much - dilaudid withdrawal doesn't last longer than a few days (and usually peaks after 9-12 hours), while morphine/opium withdrawal lasts much longer. but I'm sure it feels like hell at the moment...

That was how it was the last 3 times, but this time it was different. The normal dosage stopped working. Thats when the physical addiction kicks in. I went on a rampage this time that I hadn't before, involving lots of yelling and anger at nurses and my mom, demanding of more drug(s), and talking to doctors to explain why my drugs aren't working anymore. I work with two people going through the same thing, and they've been dealing with it for years with little to no improvement in pain, and various relapses. One of them has to go to the methadone clinic every day and get his meds, or he relapses and can't function. So I hope so, but everything I'm reading says that the effects are pretty much life long once you get to where I was, it's imprinted in the mind.

I really hope not. We shall see. Ick
But alas, lets get back on topic now. I don't wanna hijack the speedtest thread with my bullshit. Lol :)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Woohooo I'm getting faster internet! I just learned that there's an "Ultimate" package available to me, it's $100 per month for 500GB at 100Mbps down, 2Mbps up. That's insanely good, considering we're on 200GB at 30Mbps down, 1Mbps up, for about $70 or $80.

Y U NO ADVERTIZE DIS BigPond?!

I'm excited now too lol

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Woohooo I'm getting faster internet! I just learned that there's an "Ultimate" package available to me, it's $100 per month for 500GB at 100Mbps down, 2Mbps up. That's insanely good, considering we're on 200GB at 30Mbps down, 1Mbps up, for about $70 or $80.

Y U NO ADVERTIZE DIS BigPond?!

I'm excited now too lol

Haha, my mom called them one day cause our Turbo was being stupid and not working, as normal. And they were like "Uhhh durr, Lightning would be $30 cheaper than what you have now, and faster". Jackasses be holding out on us! hahaha :D

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Haha, my mom called them one day cause our Turbo was being stupid and not working, as normal. And they were like "Uhhh durr, Lightning would be $30 cheaper than what you have now, and faster". Jackasses be holding out on us! hahaha :D
Haha, I've no idea why they don't email. They list this great new plan, and then they don't tell anyone about it? FTW huh? lol

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Haha, I've no idea why they don't email. They list this great new plan, and then they don't tell anyone about it? FTW huh? lol

Well from a selling standpoint, they don't -want- to sell you a cheaper deal. They make less money. So it's not their job to make them lose money, ya'know? :D

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Well from a selling standpoint, they don't -want- to sell you a cheaper deal. They make less money. So it's not their job to make them lose money, ya'know? :D
Well, it's actually a bit more expensive but not by much. It's $10 more, although we're getting it at the same price because we've been with them for so long. The upgrade to 500GB would tack on an extra $20 a month, which is pretty reasonable too.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! New Speedtest results from me!

1806211921.png

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice... even after my upgrade I'm still only going to have half your upload speed lol -.-

Hm... I do know we're the 4th expensive in the world in terms of internet plans. We pay monthly, each costing about $33.97 (after conversion from local currency), which equals to 20 meals here.

Does that mean, you guys have the 1st expensive internet plans in the world?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Pretty sure I've posted my result here before, but there it is again. We pay £75 (~$115) or so a month for internet (50 Mb/s), unlimited landline calls and our TV package.
On that note, our broadband speeds are being doubled some time this year. :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've posted my result here before, but there it is again. We pay £75 (~$115) or so a month for internet (50 Mb/s), unlimited landline calls and our TV package.
On that note, our broadband speeds are being doubled some time this year. :D

I'm jealous. The best I can get in my part of the country is ~10Mb/s

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Hm... I do know we're the 4th expensive in the world in terms of internet plans. We pay monthly, each costing about $33.97 (after conversion from local currency), which equals to 20 meals here.

Does that mean, you guys have the 1st expensive internet plans in the world?
I don't think so, I think there's a lot worse in the world. We just have really low upload speeds available here, the plan I'm upgrading to gives 100Mbps down, but only 2Mbps up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.