What's your top anime list

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magika
Steins;Gate.
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

(not too old of a topic to bump, right?)

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Just gotta say:

Princess Mononoke (My all time favorite, classic battle of good vs. evil, beast vs. man, with forest gods and demons of hate and a forsaken prince. Awesome story, incredible visuals... just amazing.)

FLCL (Short and sweet, I've never had to watch anything [except maybe Donnie Darko] as many times as this in order to fully understand it. It's a crazy, wild fuckin' ride, but only 6 episodes.)

Samurai Champloo (In my eyes, the single best samurai-related anime. Between the epic fight scenes, the likable characters and the deep, well-planned story-line of each episode, this one is a must-see.)

Paranoia Agent (A real mind-fuck. A bit of thriller with dark undertones, touching on subjects that might make you cringe, it paints a creepy story for you to sit spellbound through. Good stuff.)

Honorable mentions:
Trigun (A good guy that beats everyone without killing them, without sacrificing bad-assery? Check it.)
DBZ (You just can't go wrong. Full of filler, but you've gotta love it.)
Bleach (Cool fights, interesting powers and abilities, but the best part of the 500 or so episode series is within the first hundred episodes. So much filler, so many story arcs.)
Cowboy Bebop (Space cowboys. Need I say more? Chasin' baddies throughout the galaxy.)
Spirited Away (Another Hiyao Miyazaki film, this is a trip and a half with a little girl trying to break a spell that a witch put on her parents.)

And although it's not a japanime, Avatar: The Last Airbender is a truly awesome show, with some of the best character and story development of any show I've ever seen. Check it out!

Sajin

User title under construction.
Code Geass <-(by far my favorite)
Chobits
High School of the Dead
Naruto
Ghost in the Shell

god so many good anime...

Tsubasa Chronicles
.hack/sign
Claymore
Bleach
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Dararara

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Outlaw star is first.

Not sure about the ordering after that but:
-Paranoia Agent
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Ergo Proxy
-Full Metal Alchemist (I like Brotherhood better, in large part because of the ending and Olivier Armstrong.)
-Ghost in the Shell
-Tenchi Muyo!
-Sasami: Magical Girls Club ... don't judge me.

I'm watching Gosick right now and it might end up on this list too. I like the Vampire Knight manga quite a bit as well, but haven't seen the anime. Not sure if that counts.

Sajin

User title under construction.
so it's been about 4 months since I put up my favorite animes, and my list has changed a lot in that time. So for starts:
Code Geass/Gurren Lagan - are tied for my favorite position right now,
Sword Art Online - is slowly gaining all of my love, it's such a good anime in my opinion.
Accel World - is another great anime, the many characters, and how they change over the course of the anime, are just superb
Toradora! - I've just started watching this by my god is it awesome. There are so many points I just want to hug the main characters to make them feel better :\
K-On - is still one of my favorite spice of life animes I've ever watched. so cute!!
Eyeshield 21 - yea its a football anime... but every episode left me wanting more :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I was hoping you were going to say you wanted to be a cook and wished to open up a Food Truck there are so many opportunities for that here
  • The Helper The Helper:
    you can only open the bar if you sell food and a food truck in the parking lot counts
  • The Helper The Helper:
    here in houston
  • The Helper The Helper:
    most bars are struggling to build food prep and even some I know are doing there own food trucks
  • The Helper The Helper:
    but yeah man you should come to Houston there is so much more opportunity here than San Antonio. Just look at all the homeless people on the Riverwalk and downtown there you cannot even walk down the street without getting mobbed them
  • The Helper The Helper:
    check out this place apparently it is the best roommate site out there roommates.com lol
  • Varine Varine:
    The homeless people reminded me of New York
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll check it out, my lease expires in like a few months so I need to figure something out.
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to open a food truck in Sandpoint a few years ago but the city said no, then like two years later they passed new laws to encourage it and gave them all fucking tax breaks and shit. And at that point I didn't have enough money to go buy one so I was way too late to the game once other cities realized they could just bring their existing truck there, or sell their brick and mortar.
  • Varine Varine:
    I do like food trucks though, they're way more fun than restaurants and usually I also get some of that tip money there.
  • Varine Varine:
    Restaurants are really hard if you don't have a back up source of income to fund them sometimes, in my experience most owners either got really really lucky, had existing money that allowed them to buy an already successful one, or they have family money to fall back on for loans. It's few and far between to see very inspiring success stories where the person actually got it through hard work and perseverance. I thought about opening one lots and I always just end up not thinking it'll work. I would much rather just find someone that has that money and go work for them
  • The Helper The Helper:
    i am not talking about opening a brick and mortar I am talking about food trucks though I have seen some brick and mortar mexican places open up during covid that are doing good because there food is awesome!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Food trucks are killing out here because Bars cannot open unless they sell food and the governor ok'd the use of a food truck in front as serving food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Just not enough food trucks
  • The Helper The Helper:
    a buddy of mine just opened up a food truck and he is killing it but he is a great cook and has awesome food right in the middle of the pandemic too food trucks are immune to pandemic because they are take out in Texas you will always be able to get take out or delivery
  • The Helper The Helper:
    He is in the different food facebook groups in houston and posts videos of him making his food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    he is killing it
  • jonas jonas:
    @Varine with the restaurants, there surely is a lot of luck and hard work but most restaurants fail because they suck. Flair isn't right, economics not well thought through, food is mediocre or sucks, location is bad, etc. If you're thinking about opening one, make sure you're looking at the stories of those that would be playing at your level, don't let your hopes be dragged down by all the subpar restaurants out there.
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm a bit worried about the future of data science, there's an influx of incompetent people hired by incompetent managers, that can't last. But I'm sure smart data scientists will always be useful and hireable. Same as smart security people.
  • jonas jonas:
    My sister in law worked in a vegan food truck, the owners were also making a killing, added several trucks and opened two restaurants over 5 years
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The CompTIA stuff is pretty much crap unfortunately. The places that ask for those low-level certs aren't likely places you want to work. For IT you really want a degree, but in the meantime you need to figure out some way to learn the skills. Cybersecurity is really hot right now so competition is fierce.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I realized I don't have anything much to say, other than "Good luck!". Compared to other places, I'm just very lucky we didn't have a lot of surges of cases coming in.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter just got back from school at Georgetown TX, outside of Austin and said there were 100 cases in the last week but she also said nobody was wearing a mask anywhere so people mask up and stay safe!
    +2
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    happy thanksgiving folks!

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop