When posting a technical discussion, should it be in Tech Help or General Discussion?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
When someone want to discuss something that's very technical related, should the thread starter post their topic in General Tech Help (in Technical Support) or in General Discussion (in Community)?

To me, I can't seem to see the fine line between the former and the latter. It's just a feeling I had for some time, and I wanted to know the answer from the "higher status quo" people. (Moderators, Admins, etc.) Posting such topics in General Discussion makes me feel that the thread doesn't belong in there, however, putting it in General Tech Help seems to be irrelevant to the rest of the threads over there.

It's like both places are not suitable for such threads.

Or it can be posted in both places? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think that such topics could go in either forum - we generally don't enforce overly zealous rules on where threads should go. In the event that a moderator thinks a thread would be better off somewhere else, they may move it. But that doesn't mean that you as the thread starter have done anything wrong. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.