Which MP3/Sound/Music Player is good? Windows Media Player?

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
hi guys <3

I wanna ask your opinion on which music player is the best, so it could help me decide which 1 to download and install

my windows media player got some weird "an internat problem has occurred" message, and i gave up fixing it.

U

Ur-Quan

I <3 <3 <3 <3 My windows media player
Winamp .looks ugly.
And didnt tried RealOne.
I use version 10 i think.
Its cool to have it minimised like a mini player.

Tonks

Reaction score
I prefer the new Windows Media Player; it's free, it's simple, and it does what I want it to do. Sure, it's slow, bulky, and takes a lot of memory, but it's pretty good at playing movies.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
If you're talking about movie players... VLC and Media Player Classic are unmatched. I still prefer winamp, musicmatch, or realplayer to WMP

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Winamp to stream (15-17MB)
foobar2000 for local (8-10MB)
TCPMP for memory optimization (4-6MB)

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
I use iTunes for my mp3's and such.
And then I use WMP for streaming and other various things.

M

myownworld

For watching movies I'd say that Cyberlink PowerDVD is the best option around. I'd have to say it beats WMP in terms of features. Sure it looks abit ugly with no eye candy, but who cares, once you watch a video/movie, you won't concentrate on anything else more.

Rad

Reaction score
I use WMP 11... It matches my theme
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/RadleyGH/WMP.jpg

I liked winamp, when you clicked NEXT and such it loaded the song instantly... and when you stopped it made it fade out quickly instead of a solid stop. It sounded nicer.

But winamp was retarded, it would stop my songs whenever i tabbed in/out of my games, and if i selected multiple files and hit enter it would only open one of them in Winamp, and i had to drag and drop. Never took the time to figure out playlists, as I just deleted it because of the stupid interface. It doesnt match anything. Sure it looks cool...

WMP has plenty of skins, but its default you can change the color. I wish I could make the buttons orange, it would be perfect ><

Realplayer SUCKS! Many reasons!

I dont use Itunes because i hate Mac...

But to be honest I dont even use WMP, I use www.projectplaylist.com -- www.radleygh.110mb.com

I set that page as my desktop background, so now it plays on my desktop =]

Explorer.exe gets some extra CPU usage, but I dont care... I got a good computer. 2gig of ram with dual core athlon x2 5200+ -- doesnt effect anything =]

Plus, media players never hurt my computers anyway, even my old crappy ones. They just didnt whore enough resources....

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
The only difference from them is the speed/effectiveness of the programs, and the interface/bonus features really.

As far as I know they will all play .mp3's the exact same, and .wavs too. Other file types I'm not so sure, if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.