Why do they h8 wow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Myabe because people spell using letters?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I used to play WoW, and I'm not going to say it sucks. It's a legitimate game, and it was fun for a while. I never even got a character to level 60, but I guess that's because it just got a little repetitive for me. I don't like using the same abilities over and over and over. To remedy this I made a million characters. Also, being a nerd is awesome, D&D all the way. And most the people I play D&D with could beat up football players. D&D, workout, repeat.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Well in that respect, I've taken many a football players and I play tennis. There are no connections between physical ability and high school sports. Only egos intertwine.

On the topic of this hate filled thread I'll use the one and only defense that can't be shattered no matter your vocabulary. If a game is fun for a person, it doesn't matter how you pick it apart. Sure, World of Warcraft might have all those flaws. Blizzard might even come to your house and take a shit on your lawn. Actually, that might explain what I'm smelling right now. But if it offers you enough entertainment to withstand such abuse than it is a worthy game.

As I see it people seem to find the mentioned flaws then hate such a simple conclusion for people's devotion. I don't know why but fun can't seem to be a variable in their equations of fail. There's always gotta' be a troll.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
People hate WoW because it's popular to hate WoW. "Like wow" or "wowish" have become general terms for something you don't like, as opposed to something actually resembling World of Warcraft. I think it's part of the counter-culture, as well. People see that a whole lot of people play WoW, and so to be "different", they decide they hate WoW.

Of course, there's also a good portion of people who do have valid complaints against WoW, and those who just don't like the genre. There just seems to be a lot of people who think World of Warcraft is the Antichrist for no real reason. :banghead:

Of course, there's also the people who think World of Warcraft is the second coming, or some such, which is almost as annoying. :rolleyes:

Really, this crops up with pretty much any at least semi-popular game, (see: Halo) as well as expansions to those games. (Halo 2 & 3, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King) It's just somewhat more noticable with WoW because of how widespread it is. ;)

RibljaCorba

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
WoW is the worst game on world dont play that shit u will need hospital!!!!!!!! like drugs

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
WoW is the worst game on world dont play that shit u will need hospital!!!!!!!! like drugs

Have you even played WoW ?
I have / do .
It's addicting but I don't spend days trying to achieve something on a game.
I play it when I have free time and need a break.( But don't get addicted then never come off :p )

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
WoW is about as addictive as any other form of entertainment.

As in, not in the slightest.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I disslike wow for these reasons:

1. I think that it is a disgrace to the warcraft-series, since they started as RTS and I think that they should stay that way, it could be nice with something like diablo like in the warcraft series tho.

2. It costs per month. I think that a game should be a 1 time payment, not a "pay or you can't play".

3. It has grown to big, honestly the whole wow thing is just so damn exadurated, "it's addicting, no it's not", "wow kills people, no it does not" "blabla blabla".

4. Wow is a very repetitive game, I have tried it and did not like it at all, you get a quest, run for 10mins to kill one or more monsters and then you have to run for 10mins again to finish the quest. To me that is just plain booring:(

5. There is no real player-skill involved, it is just pressing a enemy and click a few buttons and the game handles the rest:( That is okay in an fps, not in an rpg. Not even diablo works exactly that way, there you have to dodge and click to kill your enemies.
I like games such as oblivion or fps games beacuse their are the players skill involved a little more direct, you actually have the choise when to hit the enemy and you can affect when to hit or miss in a more direct way.

6. The name world of warcraft, it sounds like something out of harry potter:(

7. To be honest, the graphics sucks, even for the standard of the year it was released:( It's like playing warcraft 3 with a bit higher res:nuts:

conclusion: WoW is one of the worst games ever released onto the world:(
It's right down there with creatures and hexen:thdown:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I'm not going to say you're flat out wrong on many of these points, and indeed WoW doesn't seem like a game you would like, but just a few points I'd like to respond to/refute.

1. I think that it is a disgrace to the warcraft-series, since they started as RTS and I think that they should stay that way, it could be nice with something like diablo like in the warcraft series tho.

Wait, so if they make it a MMO, it's a disgrace, but if they make it a slightly different type of MMO, its nice? I think this just means you don't like most MMOs, but do like the Diablo games. Which is fine and all, but you should just say it outright. :rolleyes:

2. It costs per month. I think that a game should be a 1 time payment, not a "pay or you can't play".

What you're paying for here is longevity. If you think about it, you buy a game, and you play it for maybe a few weeks tops, then you're done with it. Some games more, some less. With WoW, the price is like buying a new game every 4-5 months, and if you're playing it that long, you're getting a much better deal with WoW than if you just bought a new game each month. Of course, if you don't enjoy it in the first place, then it doesn't help for sure, and some games definitely give more bank for their buck, but those are few and far between, at least for me. (cooincidentally, the only one so far really is Warcraft 3, ironically. Team Fortress 2 is coming close, though)

4. Wow is a very repetitive game, I have tried it and did not like it at all, you get a quest, run for 10mins to kill one or more monsters and then you have to run for 10mins again to finish the quest. To me that is just plain booring:(

This is indeed a problem, before you get to max level, there's really not much to the game. It does get better at that point, though. Fortunately Blizz has been making it faster and faster to reach max-level, but it still takes a while. They've also gotten better at making fun quests to do, for example outland is better than old world, and northrend is better still. But, of course, you have to go through the earlier, more repetitive quests before you can get to the good stuff. Eh, what can you do.

5. There is no real player-skill involved, it is just pressing a enemy and click a few buttons and the game handles the rest:( That is okay in an fps, not in an rpg. Not even diablo works exactly that way, there you have to dodge and click to kill your enemies.
I like games such as oblivion or fps games beacuse their are the players skill involved a little more direct, you actually have the choise when to hit the enemy and you can affect when to hit or miss in a more direct way.

This is true...up until you hit level 80 and start doing end-game content. Or be a healer that isn't 5 levels higher than he needs to be. Or a tank at any level. Maybe not the most challenging game ever, but certainly more complicated than Diablo or Oblivion. (ie, find your most powerful attack and spam it)

7. To be honest, the graphics sucks, even for the standard of the year it was released:( It's like playing warcraft 3 with a bit higher res:nuts:
The graphics are quite well done, I'd say. I actually prefer the graphics of WoW to most modern games. Sure, the pixel count isn't exactly impressive, but HOW blizzard used those pixels is what sets it apart. Quality over quantity, my friend. ;)

Of course, it's not the best graphics out there either, EvE online for example blows it out of the water, especially with the recent overhaul.

conclusion: WoW is one of the worst games ever released onto the world:(
It's right down there with creatures and hexen:thdown:

This is your opinion, so I can't really say you're wrong, but I just can't see this as anything but a gross exaggeration. (some REALLY bad games have been made, and not just in the early 90s :rolleyes:)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Hate the cost :D Playing it means, welcome to a new world your soul has left your body and went into the game @_@ and they should put something in the box.

GOVERNMENT WARNING: WARNING EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE!

I recommend you play this instead.....

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I really wish people would stop saying it's addictive. It just gives people an excuse to keep procrastinating. ("I can't help that I skipped work to play WoW, that game is addictive! No I don't want you to stage an intervention!") :rolleyes:

(For the record, the only people I've heard say the game is addictive either don't play, or are just trying to make an excuse for laziness[Except for the few people I've heard say it over the internet who at the least claim they still play, who may or may not be lazy (and may or may not be people)*shrug*])

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I honestly find it addictive at times. But that's with anything. More often than not I can get up and leave whenever I want, do something real for a change. Sometimes I just can't leave. I get into a groove, a frantic devotion to grinding up a skill point, gaining the next level, earning those gloves of +9k leet. Then the game as a few problems with life intervention. It might just be my personality too, I guess. I did the same with all the Blizzard games, Halo, Age of Empires, Mario and Sonic games, hell, even that old Captain Crunch game you got in the cereal box. You know, the one where you raise a crunchling by skateboarding and jumping and... what was the other thing. Something with doing basic physics I think.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I honestly find it addictive at times. But that's with anything. More often than not I can get up and leave whenever I want, do something real for a change. Sometimes I just can't leave. I get into a groove, a frantic devotion to grinding up a skill point, gaining the next level, earning those gloves of +9k leet. Then the game as a few problems with life intervention. It might just be my personality too, I guess. I did the same with all the Blizzard games, Halo, Age of Empires, Mario and Sonic games, hell, even that old Captain Crunch game you got in the cereal box. You know, the one where you raise a crunchling by skateboarding and jumping and... what was the other thing. Something with doing basic physics I think.

That's what we in the biz call "wanting to finish something". We believe it to be somewhere between eleventy million and eleventy billion years old, probably arising from when we were driving the dinosaurs out of caves so we could live in them. :p

Seriously though, all the people who call pretty much anything you do more than once a week "addictive" remind me of my friend's roommate, who when my friend played the same RPG twice in as many days, called him "addicted" to the game. :rolleyes:

RibljaCorba

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sry for my english

I was played wow 1 year ago and i was thinking only about WoW, levels, heros etc skiped from school be caouse that game is sick all WoW players need go to hospital or u will have problems with ur life u will play that shit evry day and night ofc and lost girlfriend, job, suspend from school etc.....and what u get?nothing... many ppl killed self or some other ppl be cause thay get banned from wow.. i have friend he never go with us to play basket ball or somthing else he play only wow, wow, wow and wow, wow, wow

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Some people are too obsessive to take WoW in moderation. Others are those fanboys who don't understand that game franchises will change, and these fanboys just can't stand that warcraft isn't an RTS anymore. There are also lore nitpickers.

And, surprisingly enough, there are people that just don't find it fun.

RibljaCorba

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If u play wow u will lost conntact with ur parents, brother, sister etc or when u go out with ur friends (and thay all play WoW) u will talk only about wow , what is ur level, what server, what sword etc wow is very expensive game u must pay with ur life

Reaction score
The idea that WoW and other MMORPGs are no more addictive than other forms of entertainment is simply wrong. Even if you don't accept the admissions of other players, you can not deny the research that has been done into this subject. Nick Yee has conducted large scale studies and found that MMORPGs are indeed addictive. See some of his conclusions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.