why LEFT!?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Nah, I know how to choose the right opponent to pummel (he limps, has an eye-patch and doesn't know the square root of 9).

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
He will neutralize you first since you're defending with your wrong hand and he's defending with his good hand :)

Not necessarily, your hands shouldn't be that different when it comes to strength. I know both my right and left side of my body are the same in strength and I am somewhat ambidextrous being able to use my left hand almost as well as my right.

Also, in my eyes defending isn't that hard, all you do is hold up the shield and bam, you are safe. Even if you are pushed back a little bit because you held it with your 'weaker' arm, you are still alive. Where as if you were to strike someone with your 'weaker' arm they might still live.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Most people are more coordinated with their good hand, meaning it would be easier to defend with their good hand. However slashing a heavy sword around doesn't take much coordination, just strength.

A

Atreides

Well in of A Song of Ice and Fire (fantasy novels that strive for realistic medieval combat, when magic isn't involved), one major character, a kickass swordsman gets his sword hand cut off. He then, simply put, sucks at being a swordsman when he tries to use his other hand. I'm pretty sure that it's easier to block with a shield than to manuever a sword, however, about the model: so what? Blizzard probably just decided it looks better.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Most people are more coordinated with their good hand, meaning it would be easier to defend with their good hand. However slashing a heavy sword around doesn't take much coordination, just strength.

Exactly the opposite. It doesn't take that much coordination to hold up a sheild, however you would need your best hand to do the sword action. And your best hand would be slightly stronger because you would know how to apply the force more directly.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You have to remember, those swords weren't exactly katanas... They didn't require much skill. If they had a good eye or good coordination they were an archer.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I did Google search and didn' t found nothing what could tell right and is for defending only and left hand is for weapon. To me it sounds odd that you need more accuracy for defending than aiming your sword. I got interested someone has any known answer for that ?

A

Atreides

I think it requires more skill and strength to hold a shield than a sword because you're swinging and stabbing with your sword, as opposed to only moving your shield a little to block.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Have you ever seen or held a medieval sword?!?!?
THEY ARE HUNKS OF HEAVY POINTY METAL!
It's not like a samarai sword where you need precision and accuracy and skill, these things were just clonkers that you swung around.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.