Why my Metamorphosis-based Ability takes effect weirdly

nardretor

Reaction score
I made a triggered ability for my hero. It is a passive ability that if the hero's life became less than 30%, the trigger's action will take effect which orders my hero to transform into a dragon (metamorphosis-based).

The thing is... when the casting model appears, it should transform already. The metamorphosis bar appeared but my hero didnt became a dragon. After the metamorphosis bar has disappeared, it will transform to a dragon, with another metamorphosis bar. Why is it like that? What should I do?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
It's hard to tell without looking at your values.
Try looking for 'Casting Time' or something similar, and change to 0.

nardretor

Reaction score
My casting time is zero... Well.. I know about that Normal duration and hero duration but the thing is... the metamorphosis takes effect kinda twice... the first one is normal form and the second is the dragon form...

Added: I do not want instant metamorphosis

nardretor

Reaction score
Ahm what do you mean?

It transforms into a Black Dragon.. the Art - Caster model is Ancestral Spirit... the hero's model is Deeplord Revenant.

PandarenD

Reaction score
Deeplord revenant, this unit doesn't ahve any morph animation so that's why the "metamorphosis" looks weird, the only way is an instant morph or chage the model and put instead of the actual model one with morph animation, well at least that worked for me.

nardretor

Reaction score
So.. you mean i should not use metamorphosis for transforming him? Ok.. so... other abilities like Bear Form will work? or something similar? or triggers?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have had this same problem, I don't know why but for some reason metamorphisis screws up. Try doing it with triggers saying "replace unit with" instead of normal abilities and for active use, make the ability beserk and another trigger to replace the unit when the spell is cast. Add 'wait 30 seconds' to the trigger then make a 'replace unit with' to get the unit back to normal.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I have had this same problem, I don't know why but for some reason metamorphisis screws up. Try doing it with triggers saying "replace unit with" instead of normal abilities and for active use, make the ability beserk and another trigger to replace the unit when the spell is cast. Add 'wait 30 seconds' to the trigger then make a 'replace unit with' to get the unit back to normal.

PanderanD Answered this already, Metamorphosis screws up when the unit doesnt have the animation, thats why I asked if it had a "Morph" animation.

Replace would malfunction anyway, since its a hero, not a unit.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You should check your "Normal Unit" and "Morphed Unit" fields (I think that's what they are called) to make sure they are correct. Sometimes the spell <expletive> up if those fields aren't set correctly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.