Why would anyone waste time learning JASS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iqchicken

Reaction score
I'm just curious here, so don't flame me before reading...

Why would anyone waste their time learning JASS? It must be out of sheer morbid curiosity that you would spend hours learning a language only suitable for modding an increasingly AGED game (warcraft 3 for you geniuses).

Good, fun maps can easily be created using only GUI triggers.. and yes... i admit.. there is cool stuff you can do with JASS.. but why? The average map maker will spend hours, days, and for some pasty reptiles.. YEARS making a map.. only for people to join and say, "this map is gay".. or.. "this is cool".. but then close w3 and load up the new BF2 mod.. never to play this "wonderful" map creation again.

Where's the reward in it? You aren't getting paid, the intellectual reward can't REALLY be that stimulating can it? 99/100 of you won't be successful game producers of any kind.. and if it is just a hobby.. then it seems to be the least rewarding hobby EVER!

Again... I'm really just curious why you would want to learn it.. I'm really NOT trying to insult anyone. If you spent all this time learning a real programming language, with applications in the real world.. such as C++ or something... then you would be actually helping yourself... THAT is a hobby you should get behind..because it will lead you into a profitable career (if you're good).

Learning JASS SEEMS TO BE the intellectual equivalent of climbing a wall to get into a jail cell.

Again... I'm really just curious why you would want to learn it.. I'm really NOT trying to insult anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.