Will starcraft 2 Be mulit-Threaded?

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Have they said if its made, to run with serverl threads?

For Example, Will it run any faster, with a single core, then a quad core chip?
Or will that for the most part not matter, as the heavy processing is on the video card anyway?

rover2341

Reaction score
AceHart. your correct. I wasn't sure how much of it was. Meaning if the bulk was still done in one thread.

But you answered my question. Thank you.

Samael88's Question: to my understanding by having several, threads you could use more then one core. But one core can run many threads also. For example. If you hit control alt del under Performance it shows how many threads are being run. Mine has 457 at the moment. most of them are just siting there. I am not 100% sure about what i am saying. but its to my understanding i am correct.

Many programs put timers on separate threads, or certain parts of there program. But Most programs do the bulk of there stuff in one thread.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
AceHart. your correct. I wasn't sure how much of it was. Meaning if the bulk was still done in one thread.

But you answered my question. Thank you.

Samael88's Question: to my understanding by having several, threads you could use more then one core. But one core can run many threads also. For example. If you hit control alt del under Performance it shows how many threads are being run. Mine has 457 at the moment. most of them are just siting there. I am not 100% sure about what i am saying. but its to my understanding i am correct.

Many programs put timers on separate threads, or certain parts of there program. But Most programs do the bulk of there stuff in one thread.

Thanks for the explanation. I think I understood somewhat what it is:thup:

Just beacuse I can't resist: Mine has 473 at the moment:p Don't know if it is better or worse, but heck, I got more:shades:

rover2341

Reaction score
Eh, i was way off, for more info check this thread out.

"http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=911269&posted=1#post911269"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.