Will this realy workwork?

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
You know I was bored today and thought I would try this and the map compiled with no errors, so I was curious if this might actually work to remove the leak?

Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Position of (Triggering unit)), Hide revival graphics
Custom script: call RemoveLocation( GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()) )

it does ref the same location so I am just wondering, what you guys think?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A thought. Wont the custom script just remove the games knowledge of the current position of the unit (and I guess instantly get the location again) and leave the (Position (read: point) of (Triggering unit)) untouched?

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
not sure about that, which is why I made the topic, I don't know enough on how we it stores and access the locations. I don't really expect this to work and I didn't expect we to let it thru with out a warning but it would be funny if it did work.

just curious on every ones opinions on this

Imp Midna

Reaction score
It Definitely doesn't. Reasons why:
1: GetTriggerUnit() returns a new struct filled with the desired information. Obviously, because if it wouldn't, call RemoveLocation( GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()) ) would destroy it and prevent future use of the GetUnitLoc function for this Unit, which would suck. Not to mention what random mess it would cause if you modified that point.
2: Quite easy to proof: GetHandleId(GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())) == GetHandleId(GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())) will return false.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.