Winky the Wombat Game:

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
I can't beat this part!! It is so annoying :mad:

I went to the left, and there was a path, and come things to jump on, but it came to a dead end :(

Here is where I can't beat:

winkywombatcantbeat9st.jpg

Hey! I found this spot I could jump off and I tried it and I can't die, move, or anything :p

If you ever try it, it's noting but clear skies... :D

Please tell me how to beat that part :eek:

That part isn't yet possible, you have to go past that to the dead end, then up a different srt of stepping stones which take you to the cave.

The part that you're stuck on atm takes you to a 2nd exit, but it's not yet doable (<.<), here's a level guide to show you what iI mean:

winkylevelguide4qy.jpg

Hope this helps :p.

~Jindo

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ha, I got to the top of the last part :D I love the wall glitch :)

Here, just to prove it, I jumped up so you could see that little withered tree branch-looking part on the top of the ledge and took a screen shot.

Winky.jpg

Yay, GO WINKY!

Yeah... Ya still gotta fix that.

Also, I'm noticing a lot of something in particular. It seems like when I jump to go on top of something, even if I'm clearly NOT under it, I'll bump into something... So I move to the side and go to jump on the edge that I had hit only a moment ago, and I fall through it :eek:

Perhaps you should make it so the edges don't seem to shift around, eh? :p

By the way, I love his jumping animation, lol! That face is so great...

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
hehe, if someone can get there without the glicth, then I might justleave it how it is and make the secret level somethin really special ^_^.

Congratz on making it there, it's pretty hard even with the glitch :p.

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
just had an idea. those platforms at the top of the level that look like the moving ones but they dont move. how about making it so they fall away a few seconds after you step on it.

big improvement but i also got stuck on the bit that halo king did. you might wanna sort that out or that would make it really annoying, and people wouldnt play it if they cant get past the first level. :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Mullit said:
just had an idea. those platforms at the top of the level that look like the moving ones but they dont move. how about making it so they fall away a few seconds after you step on it.

Yay an idea! And a good one at that, sure i'll do that.

big improvement but i also got stuck on the bit that halo king did. you might wanna sort that out or that would make it really annoying, and people wouldnt play it if they cant get past the first level. :p[/QUOTE]

Read above, I already fixed that part

---

Started on 1 - 2 (cave)

1 - 3, is gonna have the first boss I beleive

~Jindo

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
If you press down, left and right at the same time, you see winky's walking animation without him moving.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Ok I found something that really sucks and needs to be fixed. Im going around and suddenly i fall through a hole |-| that big and i cant jump out, i just hit the sides. Why can i fall thruogh if i cant get out? And im on a platform, i jump and hit my head and i fall through the plat form this also happens when i dont hit anything. The part with the tree and you need to get past on the leafs is realy hard. I have to drop down, jump agianst the leafs and try to bounce on the other one or i hit the platform.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
throughbranch4he.png

Ok, here i fell through that hole. I cant jump out of it either. Meny places with holes like this it happens. Aslo, because i fell through i get stuck in the level.

throughplatform3jv.png

Here i jumped and instead of landing on the platform, i fall through it. this is the spot that is impossible. If you go the the third platform and jump and hit the fifth one, you might fall through the third. It happend to me twice.

Hope that helps

Edit: Oh yea, you can do the wall glitch anywhere that i blocks your path. So if you hitsomething, you can do it.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
At the place with the branch being a platform, up to the 3 floating rock platforms, I can't get on the branch. I've been trying for about 10 min, and it still won't let me, I just fall through it.

Also, you said the part with the 5 ledges leading up to the second cave, I was able to get up all 5 ledges, and then I started running on the huge platform above it, and then all of a sudden, I fell through... is that what you meant by not doable? Also, he kind of falls when you're holding up after jumping (but while falling), and then when you let go, he starts to fall a little slower, like floating.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
The braches thong was supposed to be like that to let you get out, but i may have shrink it a lil more :eek:.

As for the ledges, it is possible, but I forget if I uploaded the thicker ledges v or the v with the thin ledges, I'll upload the current one to give you all a taste of level 1-2 (if you get that far :p).

~Jindo

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
Maybe you should add kind of a minimap so that you can see where you need to go to reach the goal?

:)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
You've just given me an idea, which is 76% relevant to what you just suggested ;).

An arrow at the top of the screen which points in the direction of the exit (not like go left then right, i mean like an arrow which always points DIRECTLY at the exit ^^).

~Jindo

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
is it possible for you to lock the camera on winky or make it go faster? I hate when i run off screen.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Amen, pineapple. I'm afraid of running offscreen, because the camera moves so slow I think the platforms itself render as the camera shifts, and thusly I'd be walking off the "stage", in ways.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Well, jumping wasn't working for me, along with I got stuck on a wall and I got shifted up 2 levels...lol

Other than that nice job. Can't wait to see it finished.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Pineapple said:
is it possible for you to lock the camera on winky or make it go faster? I hate when i run off screen.

I've tried beleive me I've tried, I can't seem to do it without major lag >.<.

Fixed and Updated

~UP IS NOW JUMP (BY REQUEST)
~WINKY ONLY GOES OFF SCREEN WHEN JUMPING/FALLING, BUT THE SCROLLING IS MADE FASTER FOR THAT.
~LEVEL 2 IS STILL THE SAME UNTIL I HAVE TIME TO ADD ON.

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
nice improvement but i experienced the wall bug a lot more often than i did before. i dont know if you changed anyhting but it really needs to be fixed

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I encountered a massive wall bug as soon as I set foot on the first tree branch. Also, the camera is locked a bit too well. It gets shaky when Winky's jump reaches its highest point, and then begins to fall downward.

Other than that, good job. The jumping seems better, too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.