World Editor Plays A Weird Sound.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.
Everytime I click on a value, for example anywhere in the Object Editor, World Editor and/or Windows plays an alarm sound. (Windows - ding.wav, according to the Sound Options in the Control Panel.)

Why is this?
Does anyone else have the same problem?
Any ideas on how to remove it? (I rather not remove it from Windows - Control Panel -> Sound.)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Your sound was muted at the bottom right part where the status icons are. <---Not in WE but the comp status bar where internet activity and other things are.

Exide

Reaction score
No, it wasn't. :p
But muting temporarily takes away the annoying sound. -And all other sound, for that matter.

Maybe it's the sound card drivers?

When I removed the sound from windows (Windows - ding.wav) my computer played a sound - not from the speakers. A sound like.. Something you hear when not having an OS installed on your computer. :p

Caedin88

Reaction score
I have this same problem, have had it ever since I upgraded to Vista. And no my sound isn't muted because I listen to music while map making and I still get it. It is most annoying in the Object Editor, everytime I switch fields it plays the noise, so if I use the arrowkey to scroll down it sounds like im getting 100 warning messages at a time.

Exide

Reaction score
I have this same problem, have had it ever since I upgraded to Vista. And no my sound isn't muted because I listen to music while map making and I still get it. It is most annoying in the Object Editor, everytime I switch fields it plays the noise, so if I use the arrowkey to scroll down it sounds like im getting 100 warning messages at a time.

Exactly like that!
I got Vista as well.
But I KNOW I once got rid of the sound.. I'm also afraid it was because of the sound card driver.. So I tried messing around with them, but nothing works. :(
I'm pretty much used to the damn annoying sound, but sometimes I get stressed about it.. -I was when I started this thread, so yea.. I'd love for it to go away.

I was hoping there was some way to mute World Editor?
Also, is there a way to remove the intro sound that plays, every time I start WE? (It messes up my songs. :p)

Exide

Reaction score
Hm...
You wouldn't happen to have a sound on "Select" in Control Panel / Sounds?

Windows - ding.wav is on Standardljud (Standard Sound, in english, I believe.)
It's the same "notifying" sound I get when I, for example, have one window open that has a "sub-window" open, and try to click outside the "sub-window". -Then the "sub-window" flashes, and plays that sound and urges me to finish -whatever I'm doing- in the "sub-window", before clicking somewhere else.

I don't see any Swedish version of Select, though.

Exide

Reaction score
>Well, then play the sounds until you hear yours, then read all the events until you see it...

I already did.
It's called "Standard Sound" and the sound it self is called 'Windows - ding.wav'.
-I want it to remain as it is, but remove it completely from the World Editor. :p

EDIT: I set all the sound to 0% in 'Edit -> Preferences -> Sound'.
-But the damn sound STILL plays! xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.