World Editor Ultimate?

Mattador

Reaction score
Hey, so I have been reading a lot about this WEU program. And I am wondering, with the current map editor at version 1.18 is it worth it to download WEU and use it? And will maps created in WEU work fine on Bnet for custom maps?

I just want some "Professional" opinions from you guys on whether you think its great or whether you think everything can be done with the normal editor, or whatever you may feel on the subject.

Thanks

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Personally, I like it. I use it in my maps, and I would recommend it to others. Most things there can be done with the regular editor, but they are made much easier for non-JASS people such as myself. All maps made with it will work fine on Bnet, provided you don't add extra cliff tiles.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
IT HAS REVOLUTIONIZED THE WORLD!!!!!!!! (editor)

i really like it. it has alot more trigger functions without using jass.
SilverHawk said:
but they are made much easier for non-JASS people such as myself.
took the words right out of my mouth. it also alloys you to have 16 different cliff tiles, which helps on RPG maps.

GET IT!

pyromancer

N

Neo-Eagle

Where do you get it

I have searched for WE Ultimate and not actually found any real downloads for it, also is the editor version dependent or is it independent?

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
On the navigation bar on the left, click "Other Editors". The link should be there.

As for your other question, what exactly do you mean?

D

DigitalBoy

Just wondering does WEU require TFT or does it work with ROC?

Sargon

Reaction score
I think TFT.

It's World Editor Unlimited, by the way.

D

DigitalBoy

I dont know why they cant just release a update to ROC so all triggers/units in TFT work with it.

Sargon

Reaction score
They did. It's called The Frozen Throne.

Sargon

Reaction score
I know. What I'm saying is, what you're asking for is for Blizzard to release The Frozen Throne for free. Why would they do that?

D

DigitalBoy

Your right what was I thinking I just think at the least you should be able to use the triggers in maps.

N

Neo-Eagle

To clearify

My other question was because I am running WC FT v1.08 I need to know if it will work with my version. I Run v1.08 because downloading the patch will take too long on dial-up and maps made with later versions don't always work with older versions.

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
I personally hate it. But i have it.
couse i need it to open hell maps made with WEU

But it has some nice GUI functions for GUI map makers specially the ones issued memoryleaks.
Also good for terrainers

Mattador

Reaction score
Hmm, Not totally sold on it yet

Can you tell me what it is that you hate about it?

Im an art guy not a coder so if it makes triggers easier than It sounds like it would be good for me. I can accomplish a lot with the built in triggers but when it comes to anything like JASS Im completely lost.

Also Im only going to be using this to make playable maps for Bnet, sort of like DOTA with custom heroes and stuff. But no RPGs or anything like that.

WEU (Ultimate) can be read about and downloaded from here
http://umswe.wc3campaigns.com/weu/

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
It increases the map size by 500KB.

Some of the new functions leak.

Anyways it is not that bad , but don't forget that using WeU must not be the final objective but just what is between using normal GUI and JASS

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
It increases the map size by 500KB

yes one of my reasons
they have programmed a new tingie but to use a single function you need to take 500KB stuff with you. And some of them are just not fits what i wanted

and i personally hate it, not logically

;) :nuts:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think it depends on if you need it. If you only need it for one thing, then do without that one thing (unless it's like crucial to the entire map)

If you're going to be using a lot of the stuff it provides, then hell yes, get it.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well there no reason not to get it, it pretty much only has upgrade, nothing is worse. all the things done in WEU CAN be done without it in JASS but if you dont know JASS it is a godsend. the Slide function is worth the dl in itself.

Edit- oh ya i forgot about the 500k add it has, but thats only if you have advanced triggers enebled so if you dont want to use it any more then you dont need to.

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
Slide function is leaky, uses global variables, which are overwritting themselves... Also its buggy couse it can throw a unit outside the map, over cliffs and inside buildings...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.