World of Warcraft Revenue?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The last new project announcement Blizzard made I believe was back in 2002, it might have been WoW I think.

So with no new projects announced in some 3 years and with Blizzard hiring a gazillion people now, it makes me wonder what they are up to.......

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
They have a "longer you pay, the bigger discount" thing going on, so if you apy for 1 month it's 17 bucks, 12 for 3, and so on. THey're making something close ot that, perhaps. Dunno, does it really matter? As long as they keep making quality games and keep there old ones up, they can be as rich as theyw ant, doesn't affect me.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
It is amazing, but I don't think they are netting 15 million a month with, as you said the 8 gadzillion people they need to pay to keep that thing running, and the develoment of patches and just keeping their around the world servers up. All in all not a bad deal to the customer though, like someone said, if you and a friend went to the movies one night you would pay 20 bucks or more between tickets and munchies, and here for 11-17 bucks you get 30 days of entertainment instead of one night. Not bad. And I give major kudos to the people working there - what it must take to keep something that big up and going and running smooth and like ryoko said, their immense website.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
As long as they keep making quality games

Blizzard have done some very dumb things with regards to WoW, and their reputation has suffered somewhat because of it. The main issue has been regarding server outage. People do not mind if servers go down from time to time, they understand that its very difficult to keep the whole system running smoothly at 100%. The problem is that Blizzard often fail to communicate to the public why these sorts of things happen. For example, many times people have asked why a server has been down, but instead of an explanation, their thread simply gets locked or deleted. This is an infuriating thing to happen to say the very least.

Check out this thread regarding Blizzard trying to compensate people for the latest server outage. See how many times they got flamed for it. People are getting very fed up.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=2277601&p=1&tmp=1#post2277601

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.