WoW 2.0 Recommended Addons

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
What is a WoW Mod/Addon?

A better name would actually be an Addon. An Addon/Mod is a script created in LUA coding that adds functionality for the user. Many things can be added or modified including a complete change of Unit Frames, removing the Default Art texture and adding your own bars anywhere on your screen, maps of instances with boss locations and loot tables, an improved quest log, warnings while fighting a special boss and much, much more.

What else can WoW addons do?

Well, anything really. Addons range from basic cooldown numbers on buttons to a complete rewrite of the default interface. Most things are allowed the main exception being nothing is automated for the user (e.g a Mod that kills mobs for you).

How do I install an Addon?

Extract the Addon files to your (the following is the default directory, yours may differ as mine does) C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons folder. Once ingame log into your character screen and at the very bottom left hand corner there will be a little Addons button, click that. Put a tick in the box for each Mod you want. If a mod says "Out of Date" you may have to enabled the "Load out of Date Addons" function which can be found at the top of that window.

Why do I get an "Incompatible" message when trying to enable an Addon?

As of patch 2.0 Blizzard updated their LUA scripting from 4.0 to 5.0. Many new functions were added and many old removed making many mods contain several error messages or not working at all. When downloading a Mod make sure it's made for patch 2.0 or you will get in incompatible message.

Where can I find Addons?

There are three major websites for WoW Modification and are as follows:

http://www.curse-gaming.com
http://ui.worldofwar.net
http://www.wowinterface.com

What are some Addons I might find helpful?

Here are a list of some addons I recommend. There are much more, but these are the ones at the top of my must-have list:

UberQuest (I personally LOVE this mod for questing, recommend it to everyone).
Atlas
Atlas Loot
OmniCC (Omni Cooldown Count)
Discord Mods (NOTE: Don't work with 2.0.1, but a new Mod is coming out that is all the previous mods in one. This is the ULTIMATE Interface editing addon)

Others I recommend (just search the following at one of the sites listed above):

Titan Panel or FuBar
Dhud
Trinity Bars
Ag_Unitframes
XPerl or PerlClassic
MobHealth Or MobInfo

I'll add more as I discover them.

If you have any other mods you'd like to recommend please list them here, with a link to a download. Happy interfacing!

Enjoy!

Mullit

Reaction score
I have just downloaded some addons but I dont get the little button in the bottom left of the character screen. Is there anything else i need to do except extract them to the interface/addons folder?

> nvm i restarted WoW (again) and it appeared this time.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I really think zebraluke just takes your password and account and change the account password, e-mail, and recovery questions. That would be called bad but if it worked for you (so long as you aren't that person) then I'd say it's safe to use...

Note: if your account gets stolen you are responsible for it, not me. You want to give your password to some stranger? Fine by me... see you as a level 1!

[Note] :[I do not play WoW anymore so I have no clue about how fast you can get to level 70...]

([Note]): ([that guy has no life if he can get someone to level 70 in 1 week... don't trust him in my opinion.)]

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I really think he just takes your password and account and change the account password, e-mail, and recovery questions. That would be called bad but if it worked for you (so long as you aren't that person) then I'd say it's safe to use...

Note: if your account gets stolen you are responsible for it, not me. You want to give your password to some stranger? Fine by me... see you as a level 1!

[Note] :[I do not play WoW anymore so I have no clue about how fast you can get to level 70...]

([Note]): ([that guy has no life if he can get someone to level 70 in 1 week... don't trust him in my opinion.)]

Your password, they're characters and money... your choice but I say... DON'T :eek: DO IT :cool: [/Quote]

I honestly think zebraluke made multipule accounts on th.net with his family's e-mails and then just gave him support, if someone with 100 rep points or higher says it's save then use it.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
zebraluke is nothing but a keylogger, but if you want your account stolen, be my guest :D
My brother got his acct stolen using zebraluke

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Don't forget Quartz. Seach it up for casters my dps increased by roughly 10% losing 0.5 secs of every cast.

M

Morkdjevl1

Addons

Don't have that many add-ons running. Nevertheless they can be very useful.

* Titanbar (useful for coords)
* Started with KTM Threat Meter, but switched this to Omen (much better / a lot more options + KTM wasn't showing me everything when I was in parties). Good for DPS'ers.
* Planning to get auctioneer (hear it's quite useful, but have no exp with it).

Get them all from curse gaming.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.