Writer's Corner

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Once upon a time, we had a big thread called the 'Writer's Corner', which featured the literature of TH members.

It's time to remake that thread, so post just whatever literature you have. :) Poetry, short stories, chapter stories, etc.

I'll go ahead and start it off with a little story I've been working on, called Paradise.

In the year 2150, E.N.A.X., the last ecological and political government superpower in the world, is on the brink of an economical collapse. In a desperate attempt to increase revenues and rebuild it's shattered structures, the company sends out a team of researchers to plunge into the bottom of the ocean, the last mystery of the world. What they find will not only break the boundaries between this world and the next, but also send the world into a World War IV, the world vying for control over the paradise beneath the ocean. What they do not know, however, is that a paradise is not always as it seems, and the death it releases threatens all of humanity, while the bloodthirsty beaurocrats plunge deeper into it's secrets...

Attachments

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Ooh, great idea to revive it :)

I am just starting on a piece of work. It's a rough copy right now, but it is pretty good considering I am no writer :)

All new chapters I write will be added to this post, and also updated chapters.

So Far:

Eternal Darkness - Chapter 1 - The fall of Shinar, Updated 06/10/09

Summary

In a time of powerful kings, great battles, and noble knights, wages a war between two nations. The Knethian king declared war to Seven Empires, and raids started on the already troubled Empires. Though what bothers King Oram the Fifth is that despite his overpowering numbers, fearless soldiers, and deadly mages, the Knethians are proving a harder foe to defend against at each passing moon. Will the Seven Empires fall into the hands of this rising power, or will the mystery unfold just in time to save the shattered Empires?

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Pinning doesn't sound bad, if it gets a bit more active, not in terms of discussion but people posting about their work. I would, but I am not much of a writer. Sometime I will get around to chapter 2 :)

As for a forum, it doesn't really fit for TheHelper. If the thread doesn't get much discussion, a forum will have little chance to.

Though GothsHigh has a very good Writing forum, also Role Playing, Poetry, Book Discussion, Reviews and more. If you are looking for forums for such things, you should visit it.

Well, I will defiantly post when I get chapter 2. Until then, have a nice day!

This is already up on GH. Though it does contain self-mutilation, so if that is something that you don't want to read about, this story isn't for you :).

Attachments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    ^_^
  • Varine Varine:
    Good luck to the hurricane path people. Is TH still in Houston?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I think so
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah we got nothing here did not even rain
  • Ghan Ghan:
    We could use some rain.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not complaining though Hurricanes are not fun I have been through alot of them
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I evacuated for it just incase since I live in La Porte pretty much right on the water (in Houston area). Didn't see anything. It's a good thing for me anyways.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It's too bad that Blizzard messed up so terribly with Reforged.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still has a 0.6 user metacritic score.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (Out of 10)
  • Varine Varine:
    I haven't even tried it yet because everyone said it sucked. How do you get .6 out of ten?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am waiting for Dwarf Fortress to come out on Steam then I am on it.
  • Accname Accname:
    I play Dwarf Fortress from time to time.
  • Accname Accname:
    Its Okay.
  • Accname Accname:
    But the performance is sub-par. Does not seem to be well optimized.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is the Steam version coming with a graphical overlay or is it using the ASCII graphics still?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Steam version has the graphical overlay.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Steam Version has graphics, a new interface and will be integrated in the steam mod stuff
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I didn't think WC3 Reforged was that bad. It pretty much did what it stated (to me at least), but then again I can care less about reforged campaigns and all that. I just care about gameplay.
  • Varine Varine:
    I think people were hoping for a resurgence in mod support. I have little interest in the actual game tbh
  • Varine Varine:
    Plus I know they added that Dota precedent clause where Blizzard can steal your shit which isn't cool.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    They sold Reforged to the community as primarily a huge graphical uplift with high res textures and redone cinematics.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    They even showed one of the redone cinematics at Blizzcon and that very cinematic wasn't even in the released game.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    So I think folks were angry about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop