Wrong version of Dead Island released on the PC

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Gosh, here’s a whoopsie. Dead Island is out now on Steam for the Americanish, except the version they’ve received probably isn’t the one Deep Silver were hoping they’d get. It seems the dev build of the game has been put out there, rather than the official version. Complaints about a bad port, mysterious goings on, and no-clipping all seem to come down to the fact that this is the bug-testing, cheat-enabled, not-for-release version of the game. Code that people are digging up seems to reveal that this might even have far too much of the 360 version left in it. Crikey, that’s a big oops. (I should note that the PC review build I’m playing certainly is optimised for PC.) A day one patch is intended to fix an impressive thirty-seven issues. Perhaps one of them will be the release of the internal debug of the game to US customers? We’ve contacted Deep Silver to see what’s really going on.

Would you like to know more?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/06/ultra-oops-dead-island-dev-build-released/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2101559

-----------------------------------------------

What a mess up, hope this gets fixed soon, from what I've been able to play it's rather fun.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Man. There are way too many games out there, I can't buy all of them, haha. If I had to choose between this or Deus Ex... hmmm...

Give us a review on the game after you play some more, :)

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Well, now that they've corrected the mistake on Steam, I must say that this game is pretty awesome. I've only reached level six ( I plan to play more tonight), but it's fun so far. Imagine Borderlands meets L4D (or Dead Rising) with a camera sway and perspective from Mirrors Edge. I haven't played co-op but the single player is pretty fun so far. I haven't played Deus Ex, or heard anything about it, but if you like Borderlands then chances are you'll love this game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.