Other XANID (The Platformer)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Nice game! :) The tutorial was cool! You must've took quite some time to complete it.

Yeah, as everyone mentioned, the delay in key pressing events is really frustrating at times. This reminds me of a game created by 2-P. Can't remember the name though.

You want sound effects? I can provide some if you want to. They're all low qualities wav files from various arcade games. I forgot where I download them from though.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
> If you can make the controls smoother, then do it ffs!
Smoother in what way. It's already smooth. If it was any smoother at all, it would look like the ball was moving on ice.

I meant less delay-ish. I thought that smooth was the word for it.
On my comp there is a 1-1.2 second delay between pressing the key and the unit actually moving:eek:

> Is the wall jump supposed to be there?
It's not possible that one codes wall jump without knowing it.

One can never be to certain with all these bugs around. They sneak up on you when you least expect it and crap up your code:p

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I've had some weird bugs. When I skipped the intro really fast it faulted one of my lives. And, I noticed that if you go too fast into a wall you can't wall jump.

Reaction score
> When I skipped the intro really fast it faulted one of my lives.
I never experienced that. I'll look into it.

> And, I noticed that if you go too fast into a wall you can't wall jump.
Same with this.

The next version has some major changes in it. But it won't be here in any time soon.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I think I see how it does it. I pressed esc before the actual game elapsed, when it just finished loading, and it did it.

Edit: Yep, if you press esc just as the music plays on the loading screen it does it.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Make this multiplayer :O

And make it restart you to the beginning when you lose all lives (I mean to Intro/Level 1 -- Its annoying to have to restart the entire game to just play it again)

needsthehelp

Reaction score
This is almost exactly like Platform Escape if none of you have played Platform Escape you should because you can do multiple wall jumps, really fun game.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
First off, I think the map is one of the best mini-game style maps I've ever played. I made it to level 3, but didn't bother to check my time out.

I got frustrated alot with falling down in the pits and completely losing a life lol.

Heres an idea for the movement system, because personally it was the only thing I had trouble with:

-Make it where when releasing left or right key, it just slows it down gradually instead of basically completely stopping it.
-Make it where the down arrow key makes the wisp stop, this way the slow down thing is better.

Reaction score
> Make this multiplayer :O
No, this was asked before. I am not planning to do that, because the delay with pressing keys in multiplayer is horrible.

> This is almost exactly like Platform Escape
Almost exactly like, but in every way different. True. And what KC already said..

> The only thing that needs a change is to make the camera movement smoother
The game was already quite timer intensive (my fault, bad coding), so I won't change it now. If I ever make enxt version, I'll make it smoother.

> Make it where when releasing left or right key, it just slows it down gradually instead of basically completely stopping it.
I thought it does that already.

> Make it where the down arrow key makes the wisp stop, this way the slow down thing is better.
Sorry, I have no idea what you meant.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Uber, he meant that you should be able to press the down arrow to make your acceleration 0.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
game is so awesome I really want to make a game like this, although I am too noobish at preferably JASS :(

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I know someone asked about posting a video before, but mine is a little different, I thought I'd help out with the game's difficulty and post a video on how to beat it if that's ok. Just asking permission first. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.