Zoom in...Zoom out

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
How is this done with the camera? I'm trying to look for it in the gameplay constants and triggers, but I can't find it.

Scam_ent

Reaction score
I'm not sure that I perfectly understand you, but can't you just do it with the mouse scroll?
Or do you mean in a cinematic sort of thing?

- ][ocus

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Neither. Sorry for not being specific though :)

The mouse scroll only goes so far, if I recall. I'm wondering what trigger may give me an accurate zoom out. Those who play EotA (no my game has nothing to do with it except that it has leveling up heroes) would know what I mean by a zoom out.

Not in a cinematic sort of way--cinematics lag up the game and therefore I'm going to instead try to get one together in Flash (but not cartoony) and put it up on photobucket and link to it from my game.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem today people are coming up with difficult ways to do simple things???

First of all, why can't you just make a camera that is scrolled out and when the part you want to scroll out comes, just switch to your camera over time so it zooms out.

Second of all, why can't you just import the movie into your map and use the trigger action "Play movie" instead of having to link to photobucket or whatever? (which I don't think you can do, might be wrong as I have never tried to connect to a web page through Warcraft III)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
1) How do I do that? I'm not very good with cameras XD

2) I was just throwing ideas. You don't need to concern yourself with that. I know you can import movies and the like.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
1.) First scroll out the camera, or if your scrolling godes to far where it cuts off the map, just go to Advanced>View entire map and scroll in to where you get the right thing. Then open the camera brush and do "Create new camera". After tha, make a region right in the middle of your camera's view and when the cinematic comes, use the Pan camera action to pan the camera to the region, then use the "Apply camera object timed" and that will set the camera making it seemingly scroll out.

2.) O ok, it just seems like today more people than not are doing simple things the hard way hehe.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heheh. Well thanks for your input.

Wow, that's sweet. It'd be great to use said cameras for an Assaulters map.

I.E. Two sides manned with simple soldiers. Each player controlling one and all only holding a large machine gun, you have to use strategy to win. I can imagine where you can have a control centre where a soldier can step on circles of power to look at various cameras to determine if anyone's entering. The perspective would be insanely cool.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.