US News 3 Dead After Garbage Truck Runs Over Group of Motorcycles

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
PHOENIX -- A group of eight motorcycles stopped at red light in north Phoenix were mowed down from behind by a dump truck early Thursday afternoon, killing three riders and injuring six others, at least one critically, authorities said.

The most seriously injured was an off-duty Phoenix Fire Department captain who was in very critical condition Thursday evening, said Phoenix police spokesman Detective James Holmes.

The motorcyclists were stopped behind a pickup and a small SUV at the red light when the truck driver rammed them from behind, he said. The truck ran over the motorcyclists and continued into the small SUV in front of them, Holmes said.

There was no sign the truck driver was impaired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Distracted drivers, they kill people. Take this as a lesson. Drive safely.

And DDR, be careful. Bananas can be just as dangerous.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
errr... this is why i hate allowing large trucks to drive on the road. (even if it is a garbage truck). just a few months ago, there was some 50-60 year old man in a large truck too who crashed into 6 cars killing 12 people I think. and he didnt even know he hit anyone when he got out of the truck... this is a matter of old age and lack of DMV requiring them to be checked on frequently when driving large vehicles.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Try having divided lanes: two lanes for cars, and one big lane for motorcycles.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I don't think separate lanes would be wise. Do you realize how much it'd cost the government to do so? Lots.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
errr... this is why i hate allowing large trucks to drive on the road. (even if it is a garbage truck). just a few months ago, there was some 50-60 year old man in a large truck too who crashed into 6 cars killing 12 people I think. and he didnt even know he hit anyone when he got out of the truck... this is a matter of old age and lack of DMV requiring them to be checked on frequently when driving large vehicles.

Yeah, we should fly food and stuff into our cities with helicoptres. And trains. Wait, trains can't fly. What the?

SanKakU

Reaction score
"errr... this is why i hate allowing large trucks to drive on the road. (even if it is a garbage truck). just a few months ago, there was some 50-60 year old man in a large truck too who crashed into 6 cars killing 12 people I think. and he didnt even know he hit anyone when he got out of the truck... this is a matter of old age and lack of DMV requiring them to be checked on frequently when driving large vehicles"
Yeah, we should fly food and stuff into our cities with helicoptres. And trains. Wait, trains can't fly. What the?

it's true though. there comes a time when people lose the ability to be responsible. and they may still hold a license which should no longer be valid, but still is. ...i can just imagine that there might be plenty more devastation if helicoptors and trains were as common-place as the big trucks.

but yeah...motorcycles are dangerous.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
it's true though. there comes a time when people lose the ability to be responsible. and they may still hold a license which should no longer be valid, but still is. ...i can just imagine that there might be plenty more devastation if helicoptors and trains were as common-place as the big trucks.

I was more like refering to this part: "this is why i hate allowing large trucks to drive on the road. "

I do agree about age being a limiting factor.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think separate lanes would be wise. Do you realize how much it'd cost the government to do so? Lots.

I thought about a simple "drawing a line" across many roads might be far-fetched, but at least it is steady enough to say it's safer...

We could try expanding the whole project to about 100 years, taking 2 years for a state to finish drawing the roads with separate lanes, then earn back the loss of that funding, then move on to the next state...and so on.

But I guess you're right. It takes too long for this...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Try having divided lanes: two lanes for cars, and one big lane for motorcycles.

Not practical, at all...

Besides... :rolleyes:
motorcycle-lae-splitting.jpg

Well, I think here in California is the only place in the US where you can lane-share like that though. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.