[Contest] Official Tower Contest - 3rd Edition (Now With Award Freshness)

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I might end up submitted a non triggered Tower to out wit those triggered ones =X
But again.... Let me try to come out with more ideas first... All i ever had in mind were defence towers from other non WC III Games

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I'd like to get an idea of how many people might submit if they have more time.

The deadline can be moved. But only if I find sufficient reason to do so.

If you are working on a tower and intend to submit soon, please tell me here.

I hope to... I'm just waiting for inspiration to strike... and it hasn't yet. Don't feel like you have to set the deadline later, but I am trying to come up with a winner. :)

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
With some luck I will be able to submit my tower tomorrow. I am working on moving effects today :D

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Oh this looks really fun, and since I've been away for the exact time the last spell contest has been up, I'd love to join this one. I'm sure can I can make a cool tower in two days. I already have an idea.

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Vantage Tower

updated 12/31/07
version 1.10: aesthetic changes, bug fix, leak fix, code simplification
version 1.11: forgot to update a few things in the instructions

Description: A tower that has the ability to change its attack range. When the Energy Orb (Wisp) is raised, the attack range increases while damage and attack speed are decreased, and vice versa. Attacks land and air units. Does not attack immune units.

The Energy Orb can be at 4 different heights:
Level 1: 400 range, 1.00 cooldown
Level 2: 600 range, 1.33 cooldown
Level 3: 800 range, 1.67 cooldown
Level 4: 1000 range, 2.00 cooldown

Damage done is related to the 3-dimensional distance from the Energy Orb to the target: the further the distance, the lower the damage.

Coding: JASS
Leaks: Leakless
Multi Instanceability: MUI
Lag-susceptibility: none
Import Difficulty: easy (instructions included in "VTAscend" trigger)

Screenshot:

This is coded in JASS, but it could easily be done in GUI with no MUI problems. Unfortunately, it consists of 3 separate triggers (or 4 if you count the Sell Tower trigger), and so you have to make sure the rawcodes match up in all 3 (4) triggers.This is now obsolete in version 1.10. I don't know what I was thinking earlier, but I overlooked something simple. Version 1.10 now consists of 5 triggers (6 if Sell Tower is included), but you only need to edit the rawcodes in one place.

There is one small issue with the floating text, but I don't know if I'll be able to (i.e. have the motivation to) solve it before the deadline. This is now obsolete. Somehow it resolved itself.

Attachments

• [Tower Contest] Vantage Tower v1.11.w3x
    41.5 KB · Views: 187

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Are we allowed to use custom models or is that forbidden?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Are we allowed to use custom models or is that forbidden?

Custom models are fine.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
After seeing DrinkSlurm's tower, I think you can count me out of the competition.
I haven't had any good ideas yet, and none of them are going to beat his. :(

Good luck to all contestants!

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but don't sell yourself short. It is up to a public vote afterall, and last time I got exactly zero votes!

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
> Thanks for the vote of confidence, but don't sell yourself short. It is up to a public vote afterall, and last time I got exactly zero votes!
Heh, I don't think you're giving those awesome towers enough credit. :)

I can't think of any ideas anyway. If I have some sort of divine inspiration though, I'll post it.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Err... can I use the map that I have used in the others contest? Anyway I have no problem in using yours but I have to import the tower in the map that you posted for use >.<

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I have to import the tower in the map that you posted for use

Will it cause you a huge amount of trouble? I wouldn't think that copy and pasting your stuff over would be too difficult, but....

If it's going to cause a huge problem, you can give it to me how it is.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Nah, i was just asking, cause it will be at least some time saved, i am going to edit with the map in a moments, doing the finishing touchs...

EDIT: crap... i have found a bug when i put the tower in your map that i didn't notice in my map (Or the bug happens only in your map). The units die instantly when they are paused o_O Even magic immunes thought my tower doesn't attack magic immune... and in my triggers i have no damage actions

EDIT2: It's one of your triggers (unstick) :p so i disable it. thats ok?

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
--Timer Stopper Tower--​

Code:
Defensive structure capable to stop the time every 30 seconds in a 550 radius of the zone. When the time is stopped all allied towers arround gain a 50% attack speed and 10% extra attack damage. Time stop duration is a random time between 10 and 15 seconds.

[SCREENSHOT]
screenshotfx4.jpg
--->The action didn't happened yet, you will have to download it to see it :p

uhh double post sorry :$

Attachments

• [Tower Contest] Time Stopper - 0zaru.w3x
    71.2 KB · Views: 211

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, if my triggers interfere with your tower in some way, feel free to modify them to suit your needs.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ah fuck. I just noticed that you had to use the template. So I might not be finished in time. Lets hope for the best.

C0mput3r

Reaction score
Importing Instruction?

Say.. Where do we put the Importing Instruction? Do we attach it as a .txt file to the .rar containing the .w3x? Or is it supposed to be in the map somehow?

btw the competition look tough, :eek: ppl with some great ideas ^^

--Timer Stopper Tower--
I thought I saw that Aura somewhere on Hive? Time Aura or something like that.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Where do we put the Importing Instruction?

Preferably as a comment in the Trigger Editor.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
>I thought I saw that Aura somewhere on Hive? Time Aura or something like that.

-From www.wc3campaigns.net - made by Mc!

And Ghan I have put the instructions inside the trigger where the tower is... No problem with it right? :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.