Detecting Custom Value

Admit

Reaction score
the only way to find out is too try :p

welli dont think it will lagg as long as you clean up the leaks

if it do, skip the dummy units?^^ or make a big dummy unit with the model of a big circel

If i don't have dummy unit's what should i use to check with then? :S

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
didn't you say if a unit gave an order? are you ORDERING your DUMMY's to move?
just pick every unit that is moving and check if they are longer away from where they could be.

for an example:

HeroZ order his unit to move to position Z
If position Z is outside move range (distance between order point and standard location) move unit back to standard position

Admit

Reaction score
didn't you say if a unit gave an order? are you ORDERING your DUMMY's to move?
just pick every unit that is moving and check if they are longer away from where they could be.

for an example:

HeroZ order his unit to move to position Z
If position Z is outside move range (distance between order point and standard location) move unit back to standard position

Im not ordering my Dummys to move. My dummy unit's is in a circle around the Ordered unit and if ordered unit comes witin range of the dummy unit it is sent to the middle.

Also a problem with the pick every unit around, i can only pick a random unit and check it's Custom value, what if it's two dummy's with different custom values at the same point? The trigger would pick one of them but if it pick the wrong one it could ignore the trigger and the unit would not be sent to the middle.

Sec im uploading a picture soon.

I want to find if the Custom value is the same for the green dot (Dummy unit) as the unit that passes nearby it.

polo2005

Reaction score
you just want to make your order unit to not be able to move out of the circel?

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit)) [COLOR="Green"]//should be in the middle of the circel, in this case i used position of triggering unit wich in this case will be position before he starts to move[/COLOR]
        Set Temp_Point[1] = (Target point of issued order)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Distance between Temp_Point[0] and Temp_Point[1]) Greater than 500.00 [COLOR="Green"]//should be the radius of the circle[/COLOR]
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Temp_Point[0]
                Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point[0])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point[1])

something like this?

btw: (offtopic)
lol disgaea fan? or how its spelled :)
also making a turn based strategy, but mine is based on FFT^^
Wanna team up? =)

Admit

Reaction score
you just want to make your order unit to not be able to move out of the circel?

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit)) [COLOR="Green"]//should be in the middle of the circel, in this case i used position of triggering unit wich in this case will be position before he starts to move[/COLOR]
        Set Temp_Point[1] = (Target point of issued order)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Distance between Temp_Point[0] and Temp_Point[1]) Greater than 500.00 [COLOR="Green"]//should be the radius of the circle[/COLOR]
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Temp_Point[0]
                Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point[0])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point[1])

something like this?

btw: (offtopic)
lol disgaea fan? or how its spelled :)
also making a turn based strategy, but mine is based on FFT^^
Wanna team up? =)

I already have a system that works like that (mine is a bit longer as it needs to check some other things too.) But it has a flaw. It dosen't send the unit back to the middle if you order your unit to move ex up a hill. The unit will try to walk to the top of the hill even if it has to go around the hill to get to the gate that leads up as the distance between the unit and it's ordered point is still not more than 500 units away even if the distance between the gate and the unit is much greater than 500 units.

Offtopic:
Yes, i love Disgaea! <3 It's my favorit game!
I have all 3 games but i like the 2nd game the most. ^^

Sure, why not? It's always more fun to work with some one else. =)

FFT = Final Fantasy ... And the T stands for "Tactics"?

polo2005

Reaction score
I already have a system that works like that (mine is a bit longer as it needs to check some other things too.) But it has a flaw. It dosen't send the unit back to the middle if you order your unit to move ex up a hill. The unit will try to walk to the top of the hill even if it has to go around the hill to get to the gate that leads up as the distance between the unit and it's ordered point is still not more than 500 units away even if the distance between the gate and the unit is much greater than 500 units.

Offtopic:
Yes, i love Disgaea! <3 It's my favorit game!
I have all 3 games but i like the 2nd game the most. ^^

Sure, why not? It's always more fun to work with some one else. =)

FFT = Final Fantasy ... And the T stands for "Tactics"?

then do something like this: when your unit gets a order, create a dummy where he/she standed and then add that dummy and your order unit to a unit group and pick every unit in unit group and if distance bewteen unit x is to long, move unit back to dummy unit

Offtopic:
indeed the 2th game was the best one of them, IMO the 3th game was a bit "to advanced" for you to enjoy it to 100%.
and the 1th one was a kind of "unbalanced"

You can add me on Skype or MSN, (i'm from sweden) skype name: "dumpontus"

Admit

Reaction score
then do something like this: when your unit gets a order, create a dummy where he/she standed and then add that dummy and your order unit to a unit group and pick every unit in unit group and if distance bewteen unit x is to long, move unit back to dummy unit

Offtopic:
indeed the 2th game was the best one of them, IMO the 3th game was a bit "to advanced" for you to enjoy it to 100%.
and the 1th one was a kind of "unbalanced"

You can add me on Skype or MSN, (i'm from sweden) skype name: "dumpontus"

When i added them to a group only the first unit (dummy) was added to the group for some reason.

Offtopic:
I have added you now.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Simplest way to do it would be to add the Unit - A unit comes within 256 of UNIT event, then in the trigger, pick every unit within 260 of the Entering Unit, and find the furthest one away. It would be a very rare occurrence for there to be a unit further away, but inside the range.

CAPSLOCKFTW

Reaction score
No, what i ment is that i want to check if the Dummy (the unit that is the center point of the within Range) has the same Custom Value as Triggering unit (the unit that comes within range). The ordered unit is the one that creates the Dummys (and gives the dummy it's Custom Value)

When your Triggering Unit is Temp_Unit
Then Condition - Custom Value Of unit (Dummy) Equal to Custom Value of unit (Temp_Unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.