Dialog Player Select System

REOspeedwagon

Reaction score
Hello all, I am currently having a problem to create a dialog system.
Here is what I want it to do:
Whenever one of my units casts a spell called "Grant Control", I want the target of that spell
to change owner to one of my allies, which will be listed in a dialog box. I will choose a player from
the dialog box, and the ownership of that unit will change.
I know how to make the change ownership, and ability triggers - I'm just stumped on the dialog box.
Thanks in advance!

Here is what I have so far:

Attachments

• GrantControl1.png
    GrantControl1.png
    72 KB · Views: 242
  • Ownership2.png
    Ownership2.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
Hello all, I am currently having a problem to create a dialog system.
Here is what I want it to do:
Whenever one of my units casts a spell called "Grant Control", I want the target of that spell
to change owner to one of my allies, which will be listed in a dialog box. I will choose a player from
the dialog box, and the ownership of that unit will change.
I know how to make the change ownership, and ability triggers - I'm just stumped on the dialog box.
Thanks in advance!
Hmm, I'd like to help you on this one since I also had a problem with dialog box once (but its over now:cool:)...
But can you give me a test map of this skill...?
I'm to lazy writing all the triggers and variables...:D

REOspeedwagon

Reaction score
I'm not to sure on how a test map would help here, as I am basically just looking for a way to convert dialog text into player name. Thanks for your concern though.

Reaction score
I'm not to sure on how a test map would help here, as I am basically just looking for a way to convert dialog text into player name. Thanks for your concern though.

So, you wanted that dialog box showed up with player names after you activate this spell, right...? I'll try my best for it, see if I can do any help...;)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Have you read the site's dialog tutorial? You need to create a new Dialog Button variable, set the newly-created button to that variable, then use the variable as the condition when a button is clicked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.