Doing SFX Requests

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. :p Here we go: I added Gain +35.

Attachments

• M16.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 183

Gev

Reaction score
One of my techno musics

Here is one of my new techno musics on youtube

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wW_sdiHk0AI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wW_sdiHk0AI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
You should add more user info about the song / about you.

Also include more tags like "concept Cars, trance, house, song name, thehelper", you'll get more hits if you have more tags.

You desperately need to get some better drum samples then the FL stock ones. Also if you over do a kick drum to have more bass, alter its ADSR Filt envelope so that the end of the note is more softened, this will avoid that gritty buzz sound. Alternatively EQ its high freq noises out.

Good use of sytrus, some of them could have been eq'd to engage higher frequencies more.

Intro is a bit weak I think, its not until the synth comes in the song really starts. Better drum samples and Eq'ing can fix this, but it drops out a bit weird like a false start. Not a stylistic false start, but a weak false start.

At 1:50 sounds like beginning of a new song (realized soon after it whent back to first segments loops).

Progression is low, but that's the nature of trance/house/whatever genre you feel this falls under.

Overall its pretty cool though. :thup:

Gev

Reaction score
Thank you for comments Jimpy. But i must say that i hell don't know what is house still or trance I men that i don'n listening many musics beside of my creations, and i think that there is my problem. If you can gave me some links of the some sites ill be very thank full.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Meaning no offense with the following.

Your song doesn't fall under any specific genre, just touches the umbrella terms, I don't think your song sounds like you have the technical skill, or musical skill to really fit into one specific device, kind of too early to tell.

Closest bet would be 'classical trance' where its low progression, has neat synths, fits 4/4 kicks, less about complexity, more about the general tone.

If you ever need help, let me know. :)

Thank you for comments Jimpy. But i must say that i hell don't know what is house still or trance I men that i don't listening many musics beside of my creations, and i think that there is my problem. If you can gave me some links of the some sites ill be very thank full.

The umbrella terms of electronic music are typically regarded as follows:

Trance - Progressive in melodic structure, simple, often highly technical mixing, has a nature to it that puts the listener in a 'trance'

House - Club music, easy to follow, often its like a constant chorus, nearly always built on a 4/4 heavy kick, also highly technical, usually more energetic then trance (Though the two genres are highly similar in nature)

Techno - A stupid term imo that designates a style and soundset from the 80s, often is house or trance with a vastly different styled sound set.

Ambient/Down tempo - Every major genre here has an ambient version, things are softer, slower, more flowy sounding, and the opposite of 'hardcore' where it is not at all in your face. Probably the easiest to appreciate of electronic genres since either you like it, or don't care for it.

Breakbeat - Electronic music based less around a 4/4 nature, tends to be more complex in rhythms, a lot of rap music is qualified to be considered breakbeat

Jungle - much more aggressive in nature, dubstep/ dnb / idm / jungle fall under this. Its basically a faster paced, less danceable (but usually still danceable) version of house. Often much less processed. Its hard to describe jungles mass difference, but its not 4/4 kick driven, unlike house/trance.

Hardcore - This is where rave music falls under. It all pisses me off. Its like faster darker toned house music, usually more obnoxious, and likes to use bad sounding grinding noises to be different. As the name suggests, it tries to be in your face.

Gev

Reaction score
Thank you for explain. If you remember my previous music (Bell Dance) I need that you have classified it. Its a trance stile? Thank you for attention.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Dear listeners here is one of my new and perfect songs.
Its only for you, enjoy it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jztlidl4zy1

That would be the Bell Dance link.

Thank you for the explanation. If you remember my previous song (Bell Dance) I need you to classify it. Is it a trance style? Thank you for the attention.

Its much softer, probably falls under the down tempo/ambient tree. I'd consider it to be ambient-trance, but with most songs you can argue that the song is qualified as multiple genres.

I quite like Bell Dance, it has a much smoother progression then your more recent song you posted here.

You should consider exporting your songs at a higher kbps rating, 192kbps would do, they'll have a more crisp, warmer sound.

Gev

Reaction score
well my original music on mp3 is 7-8 mgb with 128 or higher kbps and hears well but when i posted it on you tube the quality have changed to low quality. This is my first post on youtube so this will be the first lesson for me!

Gev

Reaction score
Space Travel

Here is a new video on youtube created by me. Enjoy the travel in space.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HamaHJ9u6Fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HamaHJ9u6Fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Here is a new video on youtube created by me. Enjoy the travel in space.

Supremely better then some of your previous works. Has a much more cohesive sound and flow to it. Sounds more full, and overall more professional in terms of the mix (I'm hoping I've helped a bit with my generic advice :p).

Really liked 1:14, that build up is super good, the rolls are really nice.

Drum samples and instruments effects are certainly improved.

1:46 faster section makes for a nice change of pace... since its a change of pace. It fits really well. I think a slight gap between it and the previous section would have helped fit it in more smoothly though.

In your video "Thank you for your attention." would be a bit more grammatically correct.

As per usual, you ever need any help or advice, hop on here and send me a PM. :) I really like hearing you progress.

Gev

Reaction score
Jimpy i must say that you have helped me. When you know that some one responses to your work well, your heart beats faster and becomes warmer.

Gev

Reaction score
Mortal Kombat techno remix by me

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/05MPaOfWPa0&hl=ru&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/05MPaOfWPa0&hl=ru&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05MPaOfWPa0

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.