GDD System Not Working?

REOspeedwagon

Reaction score
Hello, I am using Weep's GDD Gui Friendly Damage Detection system in my map. Any specific reason why this isn't working?

Code:
Blood Gorging
    Events
        Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    Conditions
        (Level of Blood Gorging  for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Unit - Set life of GDD_DamageSource to ((Life of GDD_DamageSource) + (GDD_Damage x (3.00 x (Real((Level of Bloodletting  for GDD_DamageSource))))))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of GDD_DamageSource using Abilities\Spells\Undead\VampiricAura\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Most obvious fix, turns out It was checking the level for a different ability. Thanks anyways!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to turn the computer on first, then start wc3 and then play the map. Otherwise it will not do anything at all.

No, but seriously, unless you tell us what exactly doesnt work, we can not give you any reasonable answer.

REOspeedwagon

Reaction score
You have to turn the computer on first, then start wc3 and then play the map. Otherwise it will not do anything at all.

No, but seriously, unless you tell us what exactly doesnt work, we can not give you any reasonable answer.

I apologize for no details, I figured it was just an obvious fix for someone more experienced than myself. The Special Effect Plays, but the unit attacking with "Blood Gorging" gains no health from damaging other units.

EDIT: Typo fixed

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
You should display a game message with the level of bloodletting for the damage source. (Game - Display Text -> Integer to String conversion). It may be 0, which can lead to 0 health being added.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.