HELP! My Map crashes Wc3!

B

BxBillyBones

Today I tried to test my map... It crashed Warcraft III Frozen Throne... Does anyone know why this happened? I didn't Protect my map just so you know.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Upload map? :)

"It doesn't work" is not a very good description. That was pretty much what you said...

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
I do this every once in a while when I create infinite loops in my triggers. It can be a pain when you're not sure what's causing it, but if you have a lot of triggers, that's probably my guess.

Additionally, I received the impression that testing your map is something you've taken your sweet time about doing. In general, if you are doing any sort triggering (and if you're not, then none of this is pertinent, so sorry - I'm just speculating :p), you should be testing often, regardless of how long it takes to load the map. That way, when something happens like this, you can narrow it down to a few possibilities instead of having to de-bug all the code you might have written up to that point. Yes, it can be annoying, but unless you're a natural and don't make mistakes, it's always good to test!

The Hegemuffin

B

BxBillyBones

Well what I did was put my map Into a folder in The WArcraft III maps folder.. Then i tried to play it one player and it crashed WcIII. Did that help? I saved before I hosted it to myself.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
No it doesn't, but then aging nethier does making us highlight light lbue text so its readable. :p

Turn off all the triggers, test the map, if it works then its one of the triggers, turn them on one by one, and see where the map dies.

B

BxBillyBones

Thanks Ninja Icon Person..(Short term memeroy loss of your username...) Yea there's few triggers so it wont be hard finding it out.

B

BxBillyBones

And now before i posted my earlier msg. *sigh* im too lazy to edit my earlier msg. Thanks Red Dragon Icon Dude(Short term memory loss to you also..)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Ninja Icon Person..(Short term memeroy loss of your username...)
Thanks Red Dragon Icon Dude(Short term memory loss to you also..)
rofl :D
if you dont find the problem just post all of your triggers. there are several things that can crash we, not just infinite loops.

B

BxBillyBones

OK Illidan Devil(you know what i have I wont say it anymore..) :D

B

BxBillyBones

It would help if it was a completed sentance.. Is it? Bad grammar is ok.. Anyways i think i may understand Anime guy. I havent did anythin with it.

Anyways heres my map if ya can figure out what is wrong with it that would be great. Just dont take credit for it unless you put Terrain Orriginaly by BxBillyBonesxB...

Attachments

• BXBonesArena.w3x
    64 KB · Views: 76
B

BxBillyBones

Yea.. That's_about has far has i got when it started crashing wc3...

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
You know, so long as we're on the subject of identifying people by avatar because we're too lazy to look at their names *ahem*, I thought I might tell you that I was pretty much just fine with the transient skull thing you had going there before the flashing pasty zombie man came along and incited a massive cerebral hemorrhage, causing blood to spurt violently from my eyes, nose and ears.

Yea, I thought you would have wanted to hear it from me personally so that you'd know my condition was stabilizing after that near epileptic experience.

The Hegemuffin

B

BxBillyBones

LMFAO!! He aint no zombie! HE'S A VAMPIRE!! He is Kraven from Underworld! LOL! :D HE is cool! :cool: I'll change back though into the steaming hot skull.

Zakyath

Reaction score
One trigger? I didn't know you could make a map with one trigger...

And it seems like that's not the one causing the problem.

Actually, I haven't even liked any of your avatars. They give me the creeps. Though, didn't you have a skull that cried blood? THat one was lesser scary than the others...

B

BxBillyBones

Lol...Wow some1 actually remembered that one. I made that one myself like 3-5months ago.

B

BxBillyBones

Im of for the night. It is 11:38pm over here... Good night peoplez

B

BxBillyBones

Well im back and I'm here to say about the one trigger that i had all that in about 10 triggers before. So I pushed it into one... Should I start it again? IT wont be that hard. And any suggestions for it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.