Lumber gathering - Night Elf style

mpksingh

Reaction score
Hello warcraft 3 lovers,

Warcraft 3 is the most beautiful game I have ever played and in fact, I have forgotten other games after I started to play it. Full credit & congrates to the warcraft 3 makers and its vast community of developers of add-ons, etc. But, ther is one point of ugliness in it. The lumber gathering should be, if possible, changed to the Night Elf style for all units by default as under the present-day circumstances, it is really hard to digest the mass destruction of the beautiful trees/environment by other units in the name of "lumber gathering". This is purely my point of view and I believe, environmentalists will certainly support it.

What is your view?

Asehujiko

Reaction score
My view is that people who think everything in the universe has to be 100% political "correct" should stop forcing their views onto others especialy in games and other off topic enviroments.

You realy believe that the people clear-cutting the rainforests got their buisness ideas from playing wc3?

If you don't like how resources work, World Editor that way ---->

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Well if you think about it, Verdun during WWI used to have a fairly decently sized forest around it. But did that stop the artillery? no. In any "war" situation, generally the land gets scarred. I mean yes, maybe it's sad that those poor precious trees die, but realistically, the land itself is expendible during any war situation, and if that is what is needed for victory, so be it.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I don't think environmentalists will support your view. They are way too busy actually saving real trees and other stuff that adds on to global warming. And they have no time to try change some games' gameplay. But if you really hate it then I think you can just make your own maps in the WE and just give all units the NE's lumber collection. Even through it wouldn't make much sense that the undead rots the trees up but don't try to kill the tree at all.

A

Aphotic

hahahaha nice nice but i think the night elf gathering wood system is IMBA HAHA lol no moving no need of wood!

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Yea, it can be good but it can also be bad.
You never can clear more area for your units if your NE!

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Also one major problem is that NE can go to other's bases with their wisps or owls and you can't do anything to stop them if you can't attack trees. That would make the whole black fog thing kind of pointless.

robinremue

Reaction score
Lol: I think we should materialise whips from wc3 into this dimension and use them to harvest lumber for us! Muahahahaha xD

Serious: It's just a game...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I'm not going to put forward my true opinion on this subject, as it would take a long time to type and get a reception worse than Mariah Carey at Ozzfest.

But somehow, I don't think that saving a few computer generated trees is going to help the rainforest :)

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Besides if he worries this much about computer generated trees then he shouldn't even play warcraft because Warcraft uses power from the computer and the computer uses power from the power plant and the power plant causes pollution. Then playing warcraft is hurting the environment.

A

Atreides

Yeah, I'm against massive logging but I don't think that people get the idea to cut down trees for warcraft...on second thought I safely can say that I know that 99.99% don't. But this thread seems like a joke thread, it's just too crazy.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think environmentalists will support your view.

I'm one of those real environmentalists and its true war has destoried the land I mean the places in vietnam (I wasn't alive) we just droped bombs on the forest to clear it away

But WC3 you have to think that they did add that also so you couldn't stay in the same place once it ran out you had to fight for more just like the real world but I think trees should grow back that would be cool (Idea for WC3 Custom Maps)

But you are kinda wasn't time with this lol

C

chrisrulz911

aha, yeah, bombs kill trees, not people ...(sarcastic)

neways yea, round here we call something like this tree hugging, noun "Tree Huggers" :p

D

Dessar

We must save the pixels! <3

No, Not really. As if this matters as much as global warming. Why would they care if some teenager is on an online game cutting down some pixelated trees? :confused:

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
hahahaha nice nice but i think the night elf gathering wood system is IMBA HAHA lol no moving no need of wood!
It's not. They only get 5 wood. For overall, they need more wisps on wood than any other race on wood. Most of their best units use wood, so it's actually quite balanced.

Also one major problem is that NE can go to other's bases with their wisps or owls and you can't do anything to stop them if you can't attack trees. That would make the whole black fog thing kind of pointless.
When you attack the trees, your not acually attacking them, you attacking the unit which is attached to the tree. Even then, some games do have it set so players can attack trees.

We must save the pixels! <3

No, Not really. As if this matters as much as global warming. Why would they care if some teenager is on an online game cutting down some pixelated trees? :confused:
I agree! save the pixels! lol

Oh, and global warming definatly doesn't exist. If we argue, this thread will get closed because it's a political issue or whatever. Go and look up the numbers if you don't believe me.

Demi666

Reaction score
well my view in lumbering gathering is that its fine as it is,
i didnt fully understand what you meant, but if you meant all should be night elf style, think of an orc spinning around a tree:p

risen_jihad

Reaction score
well my view in lumbering gathering is that its fine as it is,
i didnt fully understand what you meant, but if you meant all should be night elf style, think of an orc spinning around a tree:p

I'm pretty sure that sums up the argument :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.