Maps, maps, and more maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke20054

Reaction score
Well if you could that would be great although i rly need to fix the slow game play. . . i did actually fix it but i seem to have lost the patched map somewhere in the jungle of old maps ^^ (most likely deleted) but all i did was cut 1/3 of all attack speed and movespeed so it was a little imba. but still ok :/. Well i'm also busy on my latest map Dragonism Rebirth v0.1 and there's alot of work stil to be done . . . . . so hmm . . if u do the terrain i could always import the new triggers , data etc . . . y ok :) if u want ofc, let me know how it goes :D

N

noobfitta

Actually when I start thinking about, I might not have time due school and my own map

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Dannyboydude already told us that he could terrain. I dont know how many people we should be. Maybe 2 terrainers are enough.

As you said, you probably haven't got time. Tell me if you would like to team up with us.

N

noobfitta

Dannyboydude already told us that he could terrain. I dont know how many people we should be. Maybe 2 terrainers are enough.

As you said, you probably haven't got time. Tell me if you would like to team up with us.

Talking about me?

San-D

Reaction score
And Im curious how are 2 people gonna terrain? If both of them are working on 1 project, thay will definately want different things. But here's an idea: If more than 1 person does the terrain, than:
-Split the map in (Number of (Dudes Terraining)) and do Actions
For every integer A from 1 to (Number of (Dudes Terraining)) do let everybody do his own share the way he wants, that way we'll have a variaty of landscapes, and it will keep everybody interested

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
About Project mangeing

Not that this should become a issue but i am sure there will be times that we will have disagreements on things in the project. (I really don't care i just want to practice doing projects as a group)

I think it should be clear that the guy who set up this forum at least for the first project. should really have the finial say on anything , i mean you don't want too many people pulling the project different ways. thats all i am saying.
If for some reason i do a piece of the project and he feels its not needed or decided to have it redone or ect. that should be expected to happen sometimes. and even if i put some time in to it ill understand thats just the way it gos.

I am sure that it will still be a group game where all our input is involved in making it.

p.s. I also like the idea of useing some sorta text messing. but you guys talked about that. so thats good :)

N

noobfitta

Well, I dont have the time to do the terraining all by myself but I can assist

Siretu

Reaction score
Not that this should become a issue but i am sure there will be times that we will have disagreements on things in the project. (I really don't care i just want to practice doing projects as a group)

I think it should be clear that the guy who set up this forum at least for the first project. should really have the finial say on anything , i mean you don't want too many people pulling the project different ways. thats all i am saying.
If for some reason i do a piece of the project and he feels its not needed or decided to have it redone or ect. that should be expected to happen sometimes. and even if i put some time in to it ill understand thats just the way it gos.

I am sure that it will still be a group game where all our input is involved in making it.

p.s. I also like the idea of useing some sorta text messing. but you guys talked about that. so thats good :)

I dont know really why the forum guy should have the final say(I don't care, he can have it if he wants it)

My idea would be to ask people on TH and make a poll about most things. That way we could get the public opinon on most things and the map will be more intresting.

This wouldn't work on all things since we might want to keep some things secret before we release it.

smiley1337

Reaction score
offcourse use Skype <- Made in Estonia:p i think that adding skills like woodcutting doesnt definately make the game runescape-like .... and a few skills like only make the game better but woodcutting is just an example ... but about the futuristic rpg i dont support that idea,i mean i really dont like guns and stuff in a rpg map,for me rpg is game in medieval time and it has weapons from that time:) but adding some futuristic minigames to a medieval rpg isnt a bad idea! offcourse the rpg isnt really medieval with warcraft models and stuff but thats ok:) i think that rpg with some training areas,quests,minigames and mby surviving tracks is enough:)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Idea

dont know if it have been sugested before, havent read all the thread through, but anyway here's my idea: i have been thinking for a loong time that it would be cool with an map like AoS, just with 6 teams (an team with red as computer, and an player blue, an team with teal as computer, and a player as purple, well maybe more players, but i think it would be pretty cool)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I could lend my map making expertise to this group as well...buuut...
Lil busy right now. But i do know 1 thing....AI AI AI. U MUST HAVE THE AI!!

Siretu

Reaction score
offcourse use Skype <- Made in Estonia:p i think that adding skills like woodcutting doesnt definately make the game runescape-like .... and a few skills like only make the game better but woodcutting is just an example ... but about the futuristic rpg i dont support that idea,i mean i really dont like guns and stuff in a rpg map,for me rpg is game in medieval time and it has weapons from that time:) but adding some futuristic minigames to a medieval rpg isnt a bad idea! offcourse the rpg isnt really medieval with warcraft models and stuff but thats ok:) i think that rpg with some training areas,quests,minigames and mby surviving tracks is enough:)
Futuristic mini-games in a Medieval RPG... Intresting

:DI can help you with terrianing and ideas ;D
Thank you! We're getting lots of people now and we'll probably need lots of ideas. (Btw, Im soon done with one of the item lists >.<)
As I said: I can help with the terraining. What kind of map is it anyway? Tileset?
Hero arena or wut? :p
Not decided yet. We need to get some Skype working.
dont know if it have been sugested before, havent read all the thread through, but anyway here's my idea: i have been thinking for a loong time that it would be cool with an map like AoS, just with 6 teams (an team with red as computer, and an player blue, an team with teal as computer, and a player as purple, well maybe more players, but i think it would be pretty cool)
I got such a AoS with 4 teams. Its almost bug-free. We'll see if anything happends to some of my old projects. So there might come a AoS(Hopefully beating DoTA
I could lend my map making expertise to this group as well...buuut...
Lil busy right now. But i do know 1 thing....AI AI AI. U MUST HAVE THE AI!!

I agree it's important. You could help us with the AI. Do you know something about AMAI?

Phew, Lots of comments to quote

X-maul

Reaction score
Siretu

good but i dont think you gonna beat DotA, and that sounds awesome looking forward to see it:p

Siretu

Reaction score
good but i dont think you gonna beat DotA, and that sounds awesome looking forward to see it:p

Dont be pessimistic :p Let me have my goal :)

X-maul

Reaction score
hehe naah love to be that, but i hope you will beat DotA, super hope it (if it is gramatic correct:p)

Siretu

Reaction score
So, who is included in this project now?

Me(Siretu) -------- Triggers
DiDdY
jnZ ---------- Triggers?
rover2341 ------ Triggers?

I think thats the original ones. We also have some other that I'm not sure about(because I didn't start this and don't know how many we need)

X-Maul
BANANAMAN ------ Triggers, (AI?)
smiley1337 ------ Terraining?
iPeez ------- Terraining(I saw your terrain since I helped you with WotB, it looks awesome)
noobfitta --------------- Terraining?

Looking at this list we se that: We probably need no more Terrain and triggerers. We need:

(Modeller)
"Forumer"
AI(If BANANAMAN isn't up to it)
IDEAS, post your ideas here and we'll think about it.
A name. We need to call our group something(Maybe do a clan on b-net or something)

What world do you play on b-net?

I play on Northrend(Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.