Mordheim Project - Coder needed...

S

Silmaril

Hello everybody.

I'm currently working on project based on Mordheim - it's a very interesting games following the rules of the pan and paper wargame - Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Unlike WFB where you play woth great armies - in Mordheim you play but with a single warband of about 6-7 creatures. However more important is the setting itself - it's a post-apocalytpic landscape of a ruined city. A meteor crashed in the center of the town many years ago and now the city it sompletly deserted by people but it is instead a home of many horrors. Treasures are still scattered around the city so rich people hire adventurers to scavenge artifacts from within the city. The atmosphere is very dark and creepy - everything is twsited, unspeakable creatures wander the streets of the cursed city. There are plenty of misteries to be solved and treasures await those who dare to enter the city.

http://www.mordheimer.com/ - if anyone is interested.

However I have a vision to make a WC3 multi-player rpg game based on this setting. In the begining each player has to asemble a warband - there are about 5-6 factions to choose from like Witch Hunters, Undead, Demons, Adventurers...etc Then each player has a givven amout of gold - say 500. He may choose how to spend these gold coins - for creatures, for upgrades, for equipment, for training.... One warband should consist of say 5-6 units and a leader. Each faction starts at different location - some out of the city - other from within the city. The gameplay is based upon exploring the ruins of the city - seeking for gold and treasure. Also there would be quests vailable for reach player. There is a greate possibility that the different warbands will cross their ways while exploring the city - which would result in a struggle. So long I don't knwo what will be the winning condition - perhaps it will be different for each faction. However the fun of the game is to explore not to hunt down enemy warbands.

This is only a basic view of the game.

So here is the topic - I am skilled in editing terrain, placing doodads - the visual appearance of the map. Also I am some kind of a game-designer wannabe so I do have understanding of gameplay issues like balance, fun factor, challenge... etc. I have experience in game-mastering for pnp rpg games so I can make quests, write stories..etc.

But I'm lacking experience in dealing with scripts and triggers. Perhaps I can learn to write scripts but this will take me a huuuuge amout of time and the project will be completed in ....many many weeks. So I ask for a Coder to help me! If someone is interested in Mordheim(the name of the city if it's not clear) - let me know. I'm seeking for someone to cooperate with. For now I need only someone to write scripts. Perphaps after we finish some work we can think of using external 3d models for units and other additional artwork.

So... anyone? :}

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.