Discussion Ninva's Suckup Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This isn't a rant, or a invitation for members to suck up to admins. This is just feedback due to TH.net's large success, and in a way a small story about myself. I hope you all don't take offense to this, and I encourage you to post your own experiences and adventures on TH.net's forums over these many years.
When I first joined TH.net, I was a young and immature member (still am), but I only came here for one reason, reputation. It became a game, and then it became boring... so I left with my rants, theories, and predictions.
Later on, I came back to scorn my name into TH.net's worst member list. Most old time admins probably don't really care for what I did a few years ago, and that's fine with me. I am just a forum member.
Now in my most recent revisit, I have found that TH.net has now matured from the disorganized forum I hated to a professional and active forum I love. It knows its limitations, its small little sub-communities, and its rules (which can always turn into a heated debate by a newbie moderator, but we love them anyways). There are very mature and playful admins that have years of experience. Parents that rule over the children of the forum. There's also very unique and interesting members who you just can't help but love even when you hate them so for their contradicting beliefs posted in the News forum.
TH.net is a family, and I think I can finally say I'm starting to fit in with everyone here that I now have a say in what is done, posted, and read. Even though I'm separated from programmers, scholars, artists, ranks of members, reputation, and modders. I can say that I am a TH.net writer, and I'm glad that TH has experimented so much over these many years with forums and ideas, and hope that he continues to do so.

P.S. I wasn't going to exactly post this, but seeing that I wasted more time than I wish, I'll post it.

P.S.S. I really didn't want to post this, but I liked how I wrote it. Odd that I would want to post something embarrassing, huh?

P.S.S.S. It wasn't too long ago that I wrote something like this saying that TH.net was going to hell. I liked how that read too.

P.S.S.S.S. I'm planning to not post in this thread because I'm just going to get flamed for it. Yay for troll threads.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember any problems from you Ninva. That must have been an awful long time ago.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I guess you were never as big as a rebel as you thought. :p Or maybe they just have had much worse.

Hmm.. my story with TheHelper. This is just my place to come and talk to people when boredom is fast approaching the horizon.

When I first came here I thought I was mature but I was more of an annoying, arrogant prick. I grew into immaturity, I guess. I left for a long while and came back when that damned boredom was doing the horizon thing again. Since then I have stuck with it because of all the cool cats lurking around.

Pretty simple, boring story. Maybe I should of added a car crash or two.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
As Ninva said, this community is great. It has good and mature Admins, without being too strict (as in they are fun usually :p). It isn't chaotic, but instead is organized. I like it.

I came here in search of World Editor Tutorials. I started helping (since mapping was boring) people in the forum for a while, then I was like "hmm, what are these links to the left?" (Since I have the World Editor Help Zone bookmarked, and I only cared about Warcraft) and found out that there are other 'Communities' within TheHelper.net, and that the Warcraft Help Zone was not the only one :D
I like the Community, Creativity, Entertainment, and Warcraft zone :p I check the Headline News everyday, I come here everyday too! (When I can)

I have learned many things, from Warcraft World Editor, to other things, like tolerating people, being more open minded, to learning that there was a "Quick Links" section at the top, or things just in everyday life. (Like HTML :p)

btw, the smilie I abuse is :p as you can see.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, esb. I was never a programmer. I just wanted to make up stories, but being young I had not experiment enough with hobbies to understand what I really liked to do. I soon found that my love is in theater, music, and writing. Thankfully TH.net has all those other sub-communities or I wouldn't have met a lot of these awesome writers and poets (so many of them are really good, actually).
I just find it awesome that TH was able to put so many people that are interested in so many things together in one forum. This just makes TH.net a whole new experience (comparing to Gaia or DA, which aren't as mature and professional).

>I don't remember any problems from you Ninva. That must have been an awful long time ago.

I forget my exact join date... It's probably in my profile somewhere, but I do remember being a problem to a few mods and one or two admins. Even though, I think the ones that had problems with my maturity are gone now. I do remember that I did make a huge rant about how TH.net didn't actually help anymore (during the SM forums era) and maybe that fed fire to the decision to close down the SM forums. When I returned, I was slightly disappointed, but everyone was as well. I usually left the forum for a while after a rant. I'm a coward, you see.

>I guess you were never as big as a rebel as you thought.
I made several rants that were flamed quickly. No one remembers them, but I guess you're right. :p

>btw, the smilie I abuse is :p as you can see.
I'm trying to get out of the habit. I don't believe my post feels very professional when I post a dozen smilies in a post.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
This form is well run more than anything, and there a couple people who are new to posting as such and just spam but i think about 90% off people who join the helper.net have been sent here from anyother form as i was, so the new people who join know how to post so they don't crete fights |

sorry about spelling no word still!

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>I guess you were never as big as a rebel as you thought.
I made several rants that were flamed quickly. No one remembers them, but I guess you're right. :p

Now that you mention it. I do remember you as a bad member. You were in that thread "Worst Member ever".

Note: Sarcasm.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Well I can tell you was I ever the annoying bugger when I joined :eek:
I Started off just looking for WArcraft help. And thats All I did really. However, The Problme Was That People did HATED the Fact About My Weird Habit Of Capitlizing The First Word Of Every Sentence As So. I was getting a bunch of good reputation for helping, but was always in the negative from people hating my typing style. EVentaully even the mods were getting pissed at me and I got kickbanned. I just created a new account and tried to defy them, just to be kickbanned again. And once more, except I was actually banned that itme. I Decided to go back and actually TRY to stop doing it. Well I have but As you can see I do like to use that button my little pinky is on :p

Anyways, I tend to overuse the :D. HE's my favorit,e green, big smile, lovable :D

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm pretty fond of this place, I drop in occasionally, what like 3-4 posts a month. I think it's one of those things where I'm going to be around forever but have low activity. I tend to do that.

Nice place though admins and mods, keep it up. :shades:

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
i think ive browsed this site like 4 years ago and only recently decided to sign up (not sure why ..)

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
i stormed off the helper and what did happen

it changed my life around :MEGA SHOCK:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My first post was about World Editor, where do you get the Goldmine from the unit menu :p

Now I can help people with "their" problems :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The first thing I ever asked was something like
"How do I change the starting locations".

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I found TH.net long before I signed in. Read tons of WE tuts, learned Jass and GUI by myself. I remember I always appreciated the guys that wrote the tutorials, so, after I became quite familiared with WE I decided I could sign in and help people too.

Soon enough I found out about other communities around, the graphics, news, humor and writing. Now I'm kinda all around person, spam here, help there, and generally way too active. :rolleyes:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I was a noob in almost everything when came to TH :p. I might have annoyed a couple of members, but I never got banned or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.