!!!Removing Locust Units!!!

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Bah!
In my map, player's can add the Locust ability to units that they can spawn to make them unselectable. Normally, a player would select a unit and then type '-remove' to remove the selected unit, but I have a unit with an AOE spell as well as a trigger along with it to remove these units, but it is not working on the units with Locust.
Code:
Remove Ability Red
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Delete Unit 
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Delete Unit
    Actions
        Set TempCaster = (Casting unit)
        Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set TempGroup = (Units within 100.00 of TempPoint matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))))
        If (((TempCaster is in TempGroup) Equal to False) and ((Delete Unit 0008 <gen> is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)) else do (Do nothing)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
How can I get the trigger to remove the units? The spell is able to target "Invulnerable" units.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
before they get the locust ability set them in a variable
(if your adding the ability)

D

Dr4gonL0rd

before they get the locust ability set them in a variable
(if your adding the ability)

How would that work? The player could have maybe 100 units that they added locust to, but only want to remove 1 of them. And the units in question are spawned by the player via chat messages.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Units with locust don't get picked up in "Units within X of SomeLocation..."s.

As Insane! said, you'll need to add each unit to a specific group (one for each player) before you add locust to them. Then, loop though that group and remove any units that are within 100.00 range of TempPoint.

Code:
Remove Ability Red
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempGroup = (Units within 100.00 of TempPoint matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))))
        If (((TempCaster is in TempGroup) Equal to False) and ((Delete Unit 0008 <gen> is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in LocustGroup[(Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempPoint2 = Position of (Picked Unit)
                If (All conditions are true) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Distance between TempPoint and TempPoint2) less than or equal to 100.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove (Picked Unit) from the game
                    Else - Actions
                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
i was going to say some thing like that but pyrogasm beat me

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Units with locust don't get picked up in "Units within ..."

Yes, though they do with "units of type" and "units owned by player of type".

Still, depending on how many different unit types there are... remembering them is most likely a better idea.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Units with locust don't get picked up in "Units within X of SomeLocation..."s.

As Insane! said, you'll need to add each unit to a specific group (one for each player) before you add locust to them. Then, loop though that group and remove any units that are within 100.00 range of TempPoint.

Code:
Remove Ability Red
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in LocustGroup[(Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempPoint2 = Position of (Picked Unit)
                If (All conditions are true) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Distance between TempPoint and TempPoint2) less than or equal to 100.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove (Picked Unit) from the game
                    Else - Actions
                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
Hmmm, ok. So should I add the unit to the "LocustGroup" in the trigger where the player adds the Locust ability? And should I have a locust group for every player?

Edit: Whoa, wth? I can't seem to be able to add the Locust ability to unit via triggers. It doesn't appear to be on the list!

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
you could use an array for a variable and simply use play number and yes you need to add every locust unit to the group

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Ok, but when I went to make the triggers so the player can add the Locust ability to their units, the ability doesn't appear to be in the list! Where is it! :banghead:

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
you have to use custom script to add the ability locust the raw id of the ability is 'Aloc' and if i rememeber right the script was:
Code:
call UnitAddAbility(udg_<Unit Variable>,'Aloc')
though i might have messed it up so if it doesn't work tell me and i will look for it

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Yes! It's working. That custom script worked fine. Thanks so much!

Edit: I also got the remove trigger working as well! Nice!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.