Modelpack Shockwaves

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
A pack of some models, made by me. Originally made for my map, but I figured they were too 'hi-res' to fit.
Supposed to be used for some kind of a war stomp spell.
Enjoy.

EDIT: Updated, now is included a version without ubersplats.

Attachments

• Shockwave.JPG
    Shockwave.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 984
  • Shockwave_Dark.JPG
    Shockwave_Dark.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 829
  • Shockwave_Earth.JPG
    Shockwave_Earth.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 794
  • Shockwave_Ice.JPG
    Shockwave_Ice.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 785
  • Shockwave_Nature.JPG
    Shockwave_Nature.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 695
  • Shockwave_Light.JPG
    Shockwave_Light.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 665
  • Shockwaves.zip
    3 KB · Views: 532
  • ShockwavesNoUbersplats.zip
    3 KB · Views: 440

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nice , this will be perfect for some elemental arenas ( I guess so ) .

+rep.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe describe them better? Why did you make this, to what use?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Wait a sec...
Just noticed that there's an "Idle Worker" icon.
These shockwaves aren't based off of a Peasant, are they :rolleyes: ?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmm - disregarding colour for a second, is Shockwave_Earth supposed to look drastically different from the others, judging by the screenshot? It just looks like a ring of light to me... did you mess up on the screenshot, or is it just an issue where the chosen colour is masked by the terrain, or...?

No answer about the Warstomp SFX still?
You should ask a question if you expect an answer :rolleyes: - all you did was make a statement about the Warstomp effect (which, in fact, it isn't, that's the building death ubersplat, Warstomp leaves a series of cracks in a web-like pattern)

Wait a sec...
Just noticed that there's an "Idle Worker" icon.
These shockwaves aren't based off of a Peasant, are they :rolleyes: ?
Who really cares how the effect is demonstrated, as long as it is demonstrated. For all I care (at any rate), it could be attached to a Hydra's head - as long as it's clearly visible what the effect is doing, the 'how' behind it is of little importance.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
"Answer" -> "comment".
And it's a lot easier for people to import these to their maps if they're already based off something that won't create [del]an[/del]the icon for every SFX?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
"Answer" -> "comment".
And it's a lot easier for people to import these to their maps if they're already based off something that won't create [del]an[/del]the icon for every SFX?
Do you know how importing effects works? You just download the files, open Import Manager, import the files, then use them however you like. There's no need to apply the effects to a dummy unit. There isn't even a map from which to import the dummy unit that Vestras is using. If you want to apply the effect to a dummy unit, you can do it yourself. The dummy is the screenshot isn't supposed to be imported into your map, since end-user is the one who determines how the special effect is used.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Hmm - disregarding colour for a second, is Shockwave_Earth supposed to look drastically different from the others, judging by the screenshot? It just looks like a ring of light to me... did you mess up on the screenshot, or is it just an issue where the chosen colour is masked by the terrain, or...?

Well, the ring gets less concentrated as it ripples out, so it looks pretty [del]pussy[/del] fag at the screenie.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
I took the liberty of attaching each of the effects to the head of a hydra for ease of comparison.

20fvx8m.jpg

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think they look better without ubersplats.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hmmm... I was kinda thinking a shockwave.... that sends out a circular wave (Similar to Detonate with 0 coloring), except more visible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.