Sliding Like in Polar Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
OK i already looked at that guys tutorial for sliding but how do i make that into something like polar escape where u enter ice and u start sliding

Zakyath

Reaction score
I haven't read it, so I don't know what you know. Set animation speed to 0%?

w00t22

Reaction score
well play this game and you understand wat i mean.

o and if somebody can unprotect this map... that would be great

ty

Zakyath

Reaction score
I have now played the map. And I'm thinking. Someway display a certain animation.

w00t22

Reaction score
thanks for the help

and

does anybody know where i can find teh greater bash icon in dota its bash but bright blue

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
yeah, seriously. take a screenshot, open it up in an editer that handle .tga, crop the screenshot, make a passive and disabled passive verison if you have to, make sure its alpha'd properly, save, open them in .tga->.blp editor, save as .blp, poof yer done.

w00t22

Reaction score
can somebody do it for me since i have no clue how to do that and abosultey no time

ty if you can it would be great + ill give u rep

o yea anybody have anything on the sliding yet like in polar escape 1,2,3

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
w00t22 said:
well play this game and you understand wat i mean.

o and if somebody can unprotect this map... that would be great

ty

I've played Polar Escape before, so here are my suggestions:

~Search TH, the codes and things have been posted thousands of times.

~TH.net is against unprotecting, anyone who starts to ask how you unprotect a map is likely of getting their threads locked.

---

Hope this helps and good luck.

~Jindo

Zakyath

Reaction score
Just yesterday SFilip told me that he was unprotecting the map to get the code. I'll get you the icon.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Zakyath said:
Just yesterday SFilip told me that he was unprotecting the map to get the code. I'll get you the icon.
yeah i tried but dont have enough time to do it...besides map unprotecting is useless unless you know jass. and if you did i suppose you would've done it yourself.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Hey w00t, long time no see. I have a way of doing it, I dont know if it is the exact same way as LimiteR does it but this works (but leaks some, long time since I wrote the trigger, any leak fixing you must handle yourself) :)

Code:
glide
    Events
        Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Cityscape - Brick
                    Then - Actions
                        Do nothing
                    Else - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Icecrown Glacier - Dark Ice
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 20.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
                            Else - Actions

M

Masta0utMEin

Thanks one prob... for me

Man I've been looking forever for a trigger like that that works.. I've even e-mailed LimiteR but, he said he wouldn't say: he said, *QUOTE* "I don't say because im an @** h0le." *UNQUOTE*. Well thanks for that trigger! :D
Just one problem though when the unit hits the ice it moves fast to other side, when I go back in the ice other other way I entered it just pushed me back out.. Know how I may fix that? I cant figure it out :banghead:! Wellt Thanks for that trigger...!

M

Masta0utMEin

Im sorry for my previous post I tweaked and i founf out why... But one other concern was that how do you control sliding as in polar escape you can stear with "skates"? Please help me!

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
I cannot answer that question I am afraid, since I have never really had the use for that trigger. But I would think if you altered some of the numbers in the one I gave it would give that effect. Because as far as I know with the ice skating stuff in Polar Escape 3 he has just setted the same stuff but much slower and therefor you can steer around.

Not sure about it, but try altering different things in the trigger to get the desired effect!

w00t22

Reaction score
TY FOR TRIGGER

and to contorl make the perodic events to like .2 i think

it might work but im not complety sure i guess just keeep trrying or ask koga73 as im about to do right now

and hey ragin

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.