Sliding Like in Polar Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R3velati0n

Lol :p
The Bit where you go on the ice and you go in a straight line until you hit something, like the beginning of polar 3 ^^

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Rofl

Just Turn Off The Trigger To Face The Point When Ordering A Point

S

SlasherXpert

For LimiteR: You know...WarCraft 3 BNet has a do not disturb function...
/dnd
Very easy and simple to use:p and usefull when you want to stop massive spam wispers. Only 1 problem, your friends can't wisper you.
Theres also the ignore functions but it's too slow to ignore 10 people:p

*On-Topic* I need a good turning ice triggers because I used w00t22's and the units wobble and cause major lagging.

I used w00t22's trigger for the ice (non turn) and changed a bit the values and it works SWELL! Just changed the offset so that they move faster on ice.

C

Centrius

hey speadease i like escape burn lands! we played b4! i was still a noob :D
ps my name is LordaeronRage

and limiteRON YOUR WBSITE IT SAID YOU WERE ON US EAST!!! (lyer)

U

Unregistered

@ limit - Just so you know once you get out of school there are Project Engineers like myself that will fire people like you left and right.

If someone on one of my programming teams had knowledge of something and did not contribute it to the others... but instead wasted thier time and my time on a project while they had to go out and learn it from scratch? You can be assured that you would be in hot water for it.

Coming from a carrer in programming myself I know exactly what your talking about, because some old school programmers were the same way and I could never understand why someone would purposely withhold knowledge from others. If I am faced with a problem what do I do?

I read manuals, look at examples, look at forums, look at google and yes you guessed it ASK people that know more than I do on the subject to get my answers.

Ask yourself what is more efficient? spending 5 hours of painstaking research trying to learn something or spending 2 minutes of someones time asking them how it was done?

You're in for a slap in the face is this is the type of mindset your going to take into a team environment such as game developement. Granted this is a video game and you are in no way bound to this community or other map makers.. so techincally you dont have to do anything you dont want to do.. I just thought I would let you know the childish crap your pulling here does not cut it in a real life situation. My best advice would be to help people and share whatever knowledge you have.. Just think this post could have been less than a page long if you posted at the start of it.

FYI - map / world designers are among the lower paid tiers of game design - you know why? because what they do is not considered a special skill or a science. So although you might boast your semi famous to the Wc3 Community, programming as simple as JASS and using a Wc3 WE is pretty insigificant to a real programmer. You're acting like your some hot shot developer and you're coming off as a punk kid with an insecurity issue about a few lines of code you put together.

People that sit and cry about how "they" had to suffer through everything - and now everyone else will too... are not exactly attractive potential employees.

D

destructive

To the poster above this:

You are wrong. It is like Microsoft sharing their coding with Apple. Why would they just give away their coding that took them a good deal amount of time to work out the kinks to so someone else could profit from them? Sure, Microsoft could share the coding if they wanted to. They are by means obligated to divulge their information and research.

If he worked for a place that was developing a program for microsoft, then he would tell them the coding. They are working together.

When you are independant, you are not obligated to give out information to other independant programmers. It would be extremely nice but they are by no means obligated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.