Sliding Like in Polar Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
yea wat he do
for integer a unit group players (player number integer a??

M

Masta0utMEin

Question

Ace hey that was great! I wanted to know how you can sldie when a unit enters a region or a certan terrain type instead of hitting "ESC". Thanks!

M

Masta0utMEin

Double Post

Because i just copied your triggers and made my own variables, but I dont understand how you made 'sliding' activate by the "ESC" key, just like Zoator Survivor TD options. Please answer both questions... PLEASE AND THANK YOU! :) :D

LimiteR

Reaction score
I'd truely appreciate it if you would all give me credit in atleast your loading screens if you use my steering trigger. It is a true original created by me. Thanks...

By the way, if you guys don't clear up memory leaks in these triggers, you mine as well throw your maps in the garbage.

M

Masta0utMEin

Does any one know how to make it so that in Ace's map "Sliding" turns on when a unit enters a region or certain terrain type instead of ESC key!!! :banghead:

M

Masta0utMEin

I have tried and tried to make over again but it says the codes i remake are not valid! Gosh this is sooo frustrating. Please someone help me!? :banghead: :confused:

S

SpreaDisease

Variable: P1Point - point

Turn, slide and many more this is the best trigger. if need more help post :)

Code:
SlideRed
Events
Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Set P1Point = (Position of Fire Lord 0001 <gen>)
Unit - Move Fire Lord 0001 <gen> instantly to (P1Point offset by 9.00 towards (Facing of Fire Lord 0001 <gen>) degrees)

This must be Initialy OFF!! other wise will not work.

Turning on Ice

Code:
RedTurning
Events
Unit - Fire Lord 0001 <gen> Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Make Fire Lord 0001 <gen> face (Target point of issued order) over 0.00 seconds

This must be ON!!

Code:
Red on sliding
Events Your Region
Unit - A unit (enters Region 080 <gen>)
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
If ((Entering unit) Equal to Fire Lord 0001 <gen>) then do (Trigger - Turn on SlideRed <gen>) else do (Do nothing)

This myst be ON!!

Red Dies turn OFF Slide REd.

Code:
Red Dies
Events
Unit - Fire Lord 0001 <gen> Dies
Conditions
Actions
If ((Triggering unit) Equal to Fire Lord 0001 <gen>) then do (Trigger - Turn off SlideRed <gen>) else do (Do nothing)

This must be ON!!

Variable: P1Point - point

lllidan

Reaction score
LimiteR said:
I'd truely appreciate it if you would all give me credit in atleast your loading screens if you use my steering trigger. It is a true original created by me. Thanks...

By the way, if you guys don't clear up memory leaks in these triggers, you mine as well throw your maps in the garbage.

But you never posted the steering trigger. So because they found out on their own an alternative to your trigger, they have to give you credit?

S

SpreaDisease

just asking..... CAuse i want to make a map. sliding map.

LimiteR

Reaction score
You don't have to give me credit. All I said is I'd appreciate it. It's not like the trigger is hard to figure out, it's the fact that it is a very good idea to go with the ice sliding trigger and it was first made by me. It's your choice tho.

lllidan

Reaction score
LimiteR said:
You don't have to give me credit. All I said is I'd appreciate it. It's not like the trigger is hard to figure out, it's the fact that it is a very good idea to go with the ice sliding trigger and it was first made by me. It's your choice tho.

Oh okay :). By the way did you see what some people said you said (might of been the thread before this one) when they asked you for help? I just found that funny. Anyway, would you mind posting your variation of the trigger? If you want that is. That way people will of course give you credit, and your name will be further spread across bnet.

Ah yes here they are
well srry im trying to ask limiter his peroidc events and how much forward but hes always in his clan mouthing off to people calling them n****** every time try to talk to him
hes on roc clan ftl and i think azeroth
and
Man I've been looking forever for a trigger like that that works.. I've even e-mailed LimiteR but, he said he wouldn't say: he said, *QUOTE* "I don't say because im an @** h0le." *UNQUOTE*. Well thanks for that trigger!
Just one problem though when the unit hits the ice it moves fast to other side, when I go back in the ice other other way I entered it just pushed me back out.. Know how I may fix that? I cant figure it out ! Wellt Thanks for that trigger...!

M

Masta0utMEin

Hey this is a nice chat about how LimiteR acts, or what he wants, if it was so simple to were we could use this trigger and give him credit in all then why didn't he just tell us instead of him saying he doesn't give out the "Sliding" trigger and calling us curse words. Anyways can anyone still answer my question on how to make it so in Ace's version of the "Slide" triggger is turned on when a unit enters a certain region or terrain type, because its simple and easy except for when you need it not turned on by esc key! :banghead: :D :confused: :p :) PLEASE!!!

lllidan

Reaction score
Yeah it's very easy to change into a terrain type slide. I'll post my edited version of his, wait a sec.

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
        Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
        Set Players = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (Picked unit)

Code:
Enter Ice
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player Group - Add (Owner of (Picked unit)) to SlidePlayers

Code:
Leave Ice
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Not equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Picked unit)) from SlidePlayers

Code:
Slide
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in SlidePlayers and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set PlayerNumber = (Player number of (Picked player))
                Set Position = (Position of Heroes[PlayerNumber])
                Unit - Move Heroes[PlayerNumber] instantly to (Position offset by 4.00 towards (Facing of Heroes[PlayerNumber]) degrees)

Code:
Slide Turn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is in SlidePlayers) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Position = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Position, facing (Target point of issued order)

There :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Well, FWIW, here's the very same map as before, only with "snow detection" and leak removal.

There's suddenly a huge demand for "sliding triggers".
What's so hot about it?

:nuts:

Attachments

• Sliding_Demo_AceHart.w3x
    14.9 KB · Views: 224

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
well u just have a slide level

edit
Problem for some reason it wont turn as fast in my map

Ace Heart if i send you my map in a pm can u look at teh slide trigger and make it like yours

i copyped all the triggers and actions and for some reason it doesnt work as well as yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.