Sliding Like in Polar Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I copied all the triggers and actions

You mean you copied the triggers and the actions separately?

Anyway, copy & paste tends to be a rather 1 to 1 copy.
Should also mean it's already "make it like yours".

PMs don't have attachments btw. And for obvious reasons.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
well w/e heres the map

Yea its tiny maze, please dont steal map anybody

And yes i copyed teh category and pasted

lllidan

Reaction score
I just stole it and am now adding my name to the Loading Screen. Just kidding, I doubt anyone would bother stealing it. :)

AceHart

Reaction score
You may want to read some of the "leak" tutorials we have here... :p

Anyway, turns much faster now.

> before the Freeze

Too late, everything's already frozen.

Attachments

• Icey Maze.w3x
    64.3 KB · Views: 217
M

Masta0utMEin

Great, Still Need A Little Help

Hey Illidan,
Thanks much for that trigger much easier to understand to make it into a terrain type of slide. One thing that i have a problem with though, is that I copied everything triggers and everything exactly how you posted right, but when I use my map as a test to see if it shall work... I put my hero on ice or what ever terrain I selected and he just walkes on it. Because it does not work you think I could have you post a demo map of that trigger with a patch of the "sliding" terrain on it so i can see it in action and better understand the trigger. Please and thank you Illidan!
-Masta0utMEin-
P.S. I am creating a new account because when i use my e-mail to verify my account it does not work... I will message in this threade so you can recognize me with my problems! :)

lllidan

Reaction score
Just simply download the map AceHart posted right below mine. It's more efficient, is leak-free, and easy to add. :)

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
-realy Masta0utMEin

Dude I have done that yet with your modifications it still does not work please psot a demo map of yuor modifications. :)

lllidan

Reaction score
Don't worry about my modifications. As I just said download AceHart's second ice slide map. It works fine!

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Ah!

Oh is the one he posted right before yours turned on by terrain?? If it is i could have and.... OMG I feel like such an idiot lol. Thanks for setting me straight I think... Wow im an idiot oh well! Thanks! :eek: :rolleyes: :banghead: :nuts: :D :)
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

LimiteR

Reaction score
I get about 1 whisper per minute from random kids asking for map help. 50% of those questions involve them wanting to know the ice sliding trigger and the ice steering trigger. So why don't I simply tell them it? I started out as a map maker with nothing. I worked completely alone and learned advanced triggering completely on my own, and look where I am today. I am one of, more or less THE most famous map maker on WarCraft III. How did I reach this goal? By putting in some real hard work in my life. I plan to be enrolled in a college for video game designing/creating, and wc3 map making gave me a nice sample of the hell I may have to go through. Believe me, my maps used to really suck, I admit it. I went through plenty of struggles learning triggers, testing them 100 times over, and thinking of new ideas for maze games. But not ONCE did I EVER go to a superior map maker and simply ask him how to do a trigger. You can't beg for triggers from other mappers and then call yourself a map maker. I got to where I am today by learning how to do things on my own, working on my own, and dealing with my map making struggles on my own, and that means everyone else on this game can do that too. This may be just a simple online game, but wc3 map making definately hits the spot when talking in terms of hard work and independence. You'll get no where in life thinking asking your superiors to do everything for you will help you reach your goals. And this just isn't about the ice sliding triggers, this is about everyone depending on everyone else to tell them how to do anything in the World Editor. So how about some of you bums get off your asses and do some testing in the world editor like a real map maker should be doing to figure out your triggers.

PS: The reason I tell people to fuck off and what not is it instantly gets them to leave me alone. That way I don't have to deal with the "Oh please LimiteR PLEASE" and the "OMG LIMITER ILL DO ANYTHING" for several minutes.

lllidan

Reaction score
Well somebody wants a cookie! Yes your ice trigger is nice, but it's not as awesome as you think it is. Unfortunately for you, it is now posted on a help site as it should be. :)

Oh by the way, I don't know about all the "real hard work in your life". Calm down it's just a game.

LimiteR

Reaction score
I never told you to know the "real hard work in my life", but i apologize if that comment made you feel uncomfortable ;)

btw I am calm, i am just proving a point since some here wanted to hit the topic of how I feel about telling people advanced triggers.

lllidan

Reaction score
LimiteR said:
I get about 1 whisper per minute from random kids asking for map help. 50% of those questions involve them wanting to know the ice sliding trigger and the ice steering trigger. So why don't I simply tell them it? I started out as a map maker with nothing. I worked completely alone and learned advanced triggering completely on my own, and look where I am today. I am one of, more or less THE most famous map maker on WarCraft III. How did I reach this goal? By putting in some real hard work in my life. I plan to be enrolled in a college for video game designing/creating, and wc3 map making gave me a nice sample of the hell I may have to go through. Believe me, my maps used to really suck, I admit it. I went through plenty of struggles learning triggers, testing them 100 times over, and thinking of new ideas for maze games. But not ONCE did I EVER go to a superior map maker and simply ask him how to do a trigger. You can't beg for triggers from other mappers and then call yourself a map maker. I got to where I am today by learning how to do things on my own, working on my own, and dealing with my map making struggles on my own, and that means everyone else on this game can do that too. This may be just a simple online game, but wc3 map making definately hits the spot when talking in terms of hard work and independence. You'll get no where in life thinking asking your superiors to do everything for you will help you reach your goals. And this just isn't about the ice sliding triggers, this is about everyone depending on everyone else to tell them how to do anything in the World Editor. So how about some of you bums get off your asses and do some testing in the world editor like a real map maker should be doing to figure out your triggers.

PS: The reason I tell people to fuck off and what not is it instantly gets them to leave me alone. That way I don't have to deal with the "Oh please LimiteR PLEASE" and the "OMG LIMITER ILL DO ANYTHING" for several minutes.

You didn't make me feel uncomfortable, that wasn't my point. :)

AceHart

Reaction score
> I get about 1 whisper per minute from random kids asking for map help

Tell me about it.
And I've yet to release a map that would be hosted more than twice by the same person.

Ah, sweet burden of fame...

Hm, yes, what was the problem again?

"What one man can invent another can discover." (*)

Yours,
AceHart

(*) +10 rep for the first one to tell me what book that is taken out of. (**)

(**) too late, sorry.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It was Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure of the Dancing Men".
Couldn't you have bumped by rep to 75 instead? -_-
Man, i love Google. :p I'll pay 10 reputation to the inventor.

C

Computer(MAZ

Like i posted my trigger works just as good...just have to put the start and end point and you cant slide more like in polar escape...unless you added multiple regions that went to different spots...

lllidan

Reaction score
Yeah but why the hell would someone want to use regions. Think about convenience, your trigger would be terrible for an ice slide trigger (unless you wanted a one-shot deal, then it'd be good.) :)

R

R3velati0n

Hey, :p
I got the ice trigger working where you can turn but the 1 where you cant turn wont work :banghead:
i've tried all of the ones posted lol, which one of them actually works? :confused:
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.