The Battlefield

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make a turret spin seperate from the rest of the body but only 180 degrees?

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Model it after cannon tower? I think it has to do with what you name certain bones or something, and then you have to give the unit the turret ability.

Varine

Reaction score
Model it after cannon tower? I think it has to do with what you name certain bones or something, and then you have to give the unit the turret ability.

I think you can name it bone_turret, but it spins too far... I'm trying to find a way to restrict the motion of it but Warcraft's animation system is weird so I don't know if I can do it like that.
And I'm trying to work on a script so that I can use bipeds to animate instead of dividing everything up and adding in nodes... confusing.

Varine

Reaction score
Waaaagh, do you think it would be possible to make to projectile system like this where the units automatically attack? Not for this game, but I'm thinking about another shooter which I intend to use a physics system so that you can throw some objects around if hit (barrels and crates and stuff) with bullets or explosions, but I don't want to have to make them click the attack button for every attack unless they're equipped with a rocket launcher or something. Or would it end up lagging out because of the mass of projectiles on the screen?

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
If it's 12 players, then no problem. If it's 80 spawns, that's more of a problem.

Varine

Reaction score
If it's 12 players, then no problem. If it's 80 spawns, that's more of a problem.

The map is 10 players, then the rest are melee save for a few of the units, but there will be maybe five or six of them on at once for a maximum throwing one or two projectiles at a time. Plus possibly some airstrikes every once in a while, but mostly it will be the ten units.

So it would be possible to make them shoot projectiles without having to cast it as an ability every shot?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I could do the mine system, I alway do things like this xD

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I do mind providing the codes for stuff like for the Hell fire Missle, Artillery Strike (Fire Mission) and alot other Massive Explosion Triggers I have in my map (Using JASS, but not newgen). just PM Me and ill compile it in the JESP standard for you.

Varine

Reaction score
I might have an answer to your sizing and cliff problem. What about the raise height in the Terran Pallette? In NewGen the limit is very high giving you an easy way to make realistic cliffs. But then the downside is that people would just walk up/down cliffs. And it would be a bother to line every cliff with Pathing Blockers...

Try this link, its really life-like

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=42891

We're going to scale the units down and zoom the camera in a little bit, that way I can use the standard cliff system. I plan on making it so that Waaaagh's jump ability will allow the units to jump across the gaps of buildings, so I can't use the little pathing block things. The biggest issue with it right now is the Cathedral, which I'm trying to scale to fit into the thing right. The interiors will also cause a little trouble because they're all relatively large, but I think if I find a good position to center the camera it'll be fine, or we can make it lock into the room like a minimap. Not sure what one will work best right now, but I'm trying to find or make textures for everything, and make a few models to go over the terrain and hide it.

EDIT: Also trying to edit weather to have some trash being blown around the city.

Varine

Reaction score
Okay, I got a somewhat working weather simulation, which for the time being will have to suffice.
The soldier model is... not good at the time being, however I'm going to put this off for a while and now I'm working on making some new textures for this and Apocalypse.
The layout is nearing completion. I need to get a few tilesets done for the road and such.
There will be about eight city-blocks that the game will take place in, along with the buildings for each, and the two bases.

I'm not sure on the progress of the weapons system, that's Waaaagh's thing.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Weapon's system is completely done, and all I need is some weapon ideas to plug into it. Things I have:

*Sniper Rifle
*Crossbow
*Assault Rifle
*Shotgun
*Artillery
*Pistol

Artillery I am going to revamp and make into a sort of 'Steel Rain' thing, which makes it essentially an anti-personnel AoE gun.

Items Done:

*Grenade (Explosive)
*Medpack
*Basic Ammunitions (for all weapons)

I think that my next mini-project will be increasing the Weapon System's instance limit from 54 to 54*8 = 432.

T

Taurensgwild

Maybe you could add sub-machineguns to the weapon list. Only thing i can really think of thats missing

Varine

Reaction score
Will your Artillery be able to serve as the JAVELIN or Stinger?

Varine

Reaction score
Okay, the city is done. I just have to make the overlaying models and doodads to make it look good, and work on the tilesets and cliffs to make them look good.

Varine

Reaction score
Whoops look like it was bumped by... accident.

Waaaagh, I don't know if you're basing your steel rain off the Metal Storm, but here's a little video about it. It's a pretty cool weapon system.

[GOOG]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8631260352876345025&q=Metal+Storm&total=1613&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0[/GOOG]

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been dead. I f'd up my computer somehow, and am just now getting it put back together. Fun fun. Even now, I don't have internet configured, and I'm using a school computer.

Cool weapons I have been thinking of:

HIPPE (High Intensity Phason Particle Emmitter): Requires no ammo, and regenerates 1 ammo every second. A new weapon recently developed, the HIPPE constantly builds phason whithin it, using it as ammunition, and to power the actual firing of the particles. If the phason particles hit a solid, they assimilate, dealing a good deal of damage in a medium AoE. If the phason particle hits a bolt of electricity, it will super assimilate, dealing huge damage in a medium AoE.

Primary Fire: Channels for about a second, then releases a charged phason ball at the target point. If it collides with a solid, it explodes. This eats up 10 ammo, but, if there was less than ten ammo, it loses 10% power for every ammo missing.

Alternate Fire: Fires a continuous stream of phason at the target point, in a very accurate line. If the phason collides with a solid, it explodes. Drains 1 ammo every .2 seconds. Stops when the gun is out of ammo.

I'll edit more in later. I have to go though now.

Varine

Reaction score
Getting a little bit like Halo weapons now, aren't we?

Working on the stuff for the interiors mostly right now. Making models of teller booths, tables, slot machines, ect. I just realize how big I made each of the buildings... I mean, they are pretty scaled to life (at least, where I grew up they were kind of like that), although I think some people may view them to be excessively large. If that's the case I made divide it all up after the release and worry about it then.
Multi-story buildings all are set into tiers (because they have to be), so there will be a few buildings with little landings to snipe from, but then other snipers can get even higher or try and land a helicopter or something back there (if the vehicle systems ever works).

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
If you are referring to Halo III, I'm one of the unfortunate souls who hasn't played it :(. Oh, and I really wish you would send me the terrain, so I can just see what it looks like -.-

And, while we're at it, I lost all the data I had on the new weapons, because I didn't have them backed up online. I do have the weapons system still up, though, so don't worry. I just have to recode the new weapons. Oh, and yes, it's based on Metal Storm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.