Wanna contribute to a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I was talking to you :)

Just a question. Is using the Outer Planes guideline starting from scratch? It seems more like just going by a guideline "Creation, Evolution, or Who knows what the Heck happened" means starting from scratch, but everyone has their own opinion.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i was tihnking of a nice skill for ur rouge, steal/pickpocket/picklocks
its trigger based,

(no editor in front of me)

level1
action: a unit uses theft
condition: unit being hit with theft equal to man (man = default)
condition: level of ability eqaul to1 (1 = default)
event: give triggering unit a 20% chance to get 8gold (both % and gold are default)

level2
action: a unit uses theft
condition: unit being hit with theft equal to man (man = default)
condition: level of ability eqaul to 2 (2 = default)
event: give triggering unit a 25% chance to get 10gold (both % and gold are default)

and as u gain levels u can theif from higher level monsters and stuff
i dunno if those triggers work it would be a pretty neat feature

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Maybe items? I'd like that :D

(Final Fantasy Tactics has that available, but it's reduced to uselessness if the other side choose to pool their gold into their army as opposed to buying items for you to steal and keep/sell.)

Bartuc08

Reaction score
now for the pick locks,

action: a unit uses pick lock
condition: unit being hit by pick lock eqaul to chest level 1
condition: ability being cast eqaul to level 1
event: give trigger unit a 20% chance to get random item from chest drop list

action: a unit uses pick lock
condition: unit being hit by pick lock eqaul to chest level 1
condition: ability being cast eqaul to level 2
event: give trigger unit a 25% chance to get random item from chest drop list

Bartuc08

Reaction score
well yea u can modify the trigger a bit, but keep in mind if u have say 5 units that are theifable from and the skill goes to level 15, ur gonna need like 75 triggers, and if u add items thats another,75, so 150 triggers for just 5 units

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Or better yet, he should make his own closed chest model. Then he can remove it and replace it with a birth animation of the item chest, which is it opening. I hope you know what I mean.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:
well yea u can modify the trigger a bit, but keep in mind if u have say 5 units that are theifable from and the skill goes to level 15, ur gonna need like 75 triggers, and if u add items thats another,75, so 150 triggers for just 5 units

That's not entirely true...You really only need 2 triggers, for each level (that's if you do items)

E: Unit uses PickPocket
C:
A:
If: Targeted unit is (man1)
Targeted unit is (man2) (yadda yadda)
Then: do the percent thing you said
Else: Do nothing

Then you'd make a similiar trigger for the items. But basically, what I was trying to say was that you can put all the 'theifable' units in conditions with a If/Then/Else, Multiple action... Makes it a little bit more organized, and smaller in size :D

I really like that, actually...I might think of using it (with your permission, Bartuc) :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
And I hope he doesn't shout when (if) he tries my LoaP. I'm having a Pickpocket, a hack Safe (hack might not be the exact word, but eh wot), and a break-in stealer dude. He can grab your computer and sell it on the black market (might make it somehow an item :D)

It was an idea I had beforehand. However, it doesn't level. It comes with the job at the moment, and I might make it so that you can get better at a job, but currently some jobs just give you an ability that MIGHT be applied elsewhere other than your job. I suppose Banish for getting rid of the ghosts in the graveyard could double as Holy Light, for that is what it was based off of, but I changed the targeting and such. So will Charisma (Works for shops to reduce price. You get it when you be the Mayor, who otherwise has the ability to call a whole bunch of people on his phone and set it up so that this particular building has to be guarded by the Police or else the Army will come in and take the Police out...but that will have its limit since the Police can take evidence to court and boot the Mayor into the jail, but that's another story). And obviously, you lose the ability when you leave the job to enter into another one. I might consider adding side-jobs...that you'd get half the gold bounty but you'd get the ability, and you could have two or three jobs in that particular case.

M

Marksman

Very nice trapdoor Ryoko, im glad to see you are aware of magic the gathering. Meddling mage is exactly what i was thinking of at the time. But you all lost me with this talk of planes and such. Anyway, i know you haven't gotten to the point of making the heros yet, but i have a really nice idea for how it could be done.

Ability Pool System
The ability pool system starts with the player choosing a class for his/her hero to be. The classes should be classic, like mage, summoner, rogue, etc. etc. Each class has a single inherent ability that all heros of that class use. Then you are given the option to pick 2 abilities out of 5, from the ability pool system. This makes it so the hero is very customizable, and the player will likely pick spells he/she will enjoy and know how to use. You can craft a hero that plays exactly like you want it to play. The abilities in the pool will differ greatly from class to class. After 2 abilities are chosen, the name of your hero will be given based on them, as well as your ultimate ability (because no two heros can have the same ultimate ability, takes all the fun out of it). So your left with a specialized hero crafted by you, with the inherent ability, your 2 chosen abilities, and the ultimate based on your selections. This may be confusing, so ill give an example based on my voidmage from last post:

Class: Mage
Inherent Ability: Blink - short range teleportation
Ability Pool
-Control Magic - gain control of a unit permanently
-Combust Mana - targets mana is set ablaze, they lose mana and health over time, and can't cast spells
-Blessing - heals a target (you can choose yourself)
-Plasma Bolt - deals a blast of A.O.E. damage
-Mystic Veil - when activated, friendly nearby units become immune to spells and gain armor for a certain time.

All mages have blink

If you selected Control Magic and Combust Mana, you get the Taskmage, a master of disruption
Ultimate- Hinder, makes a unit ethereal for a large amount of time

Control Magic + Blessing = Lifemage, specializes in powers of life
Ultimate- Giant Growth, makes a unit grow larger, gaining damage, armor, hp

Control Magic + Plasma Bolt = Darkmage, causes destruction and treachery
Ultimate- Death Nova, shoots a target for damage, then a large Nova deals heavy damage to all nearby units, friendlies or enemies.

Control Magic + Mystic Veil = Highmage, deals with buffing and controlling units
Ultimate- Divine Intervention, target unit becomes invulnerable for a time

Combust Mana + Blessing = Energymage, deals with single unit's life and mana
Ultimate- Siphon, Drains life and mana from a single target

Combust Mana + Plasma Bolt = Blastmage, damage spellcaster
Ultimate- Molten Rain, like starful but with boulders and shorter, more damage

Combust Mana + Mystic Veil = Voidmage, prevents enemies from casting spells
Ultimate- Counterspell, stops a spell right in its tracks (see my last post)

Blessing + Plasma Bolt = Transmage, specializes in shifting life amounts
Ultimate- Rain of Light, Like Tranquility, but shorter and more powerful, heals allies, damages enemies for same amount

Blessing + Mystic Veil = Shieldmage, protects units from harm
Ultimate- Mana Shield, damage dealt to him is subtracted from mana

Plasma Bolt + Mystic Veil = Battlemage, his spells affect groups of units
Ultimate- Battle Command, friendlies gain damage and armor, enemies lose damage and armor for a time.

So you see your mage plays like you want him too. If you had just 5 classes, 5 spells in ability pool, thats enough for 50 unique heros. The ultimate abilities are basic, but they have flavor in accordance with the mages other abilites. Also, each character class could have their own shop, only mages could buy from mage shot etc. etc., and one shop that everyone could buy from.

You'll notice many of the abilities focus on helping or hurting units. This is because I imagine the game being played where extra units (not heros), the enemy will surely have hired help, and so should the players. The mage class as I see it here, works very well with the Summoners class, which would be a back bone of the party and provide the main attacking force. The mage class on the other hand, would aid the attack force, while stopping enemy spellcasters. Finding the right combination of classes and types of mages/summoners/warriors and so on would be a great help to the party, to use the synergy of abilities to win, maybe even decide on a strategy before hand.

Please let me know if you think this idea is good, or if i've just gone crazy (again)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Holy crap SD_Ryoko, I'm going to faint from the brilliance aura this thing displays to me :eek:

*Slowly backs away*

...Why didn't Blizzard put this thing in their editor ALREADY?! We need stairs man! STAIRS!!

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This one

This one more appropriate, after it adapts my texture.

Attachments

• stair1.jpg
    stair1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 283

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
So...much...ownage. You could even invert it and put the two by side to make the PERFECT evil castle foyer of doomination.

To self: Blake, stop staring at the stairs. You have other stuff to do at the moment.

Oh, Ryoko, how do you make custom pathing maps? The ones canned in Warcraft are kind of sucky...like their canned shadows. The fences can't be joined, and cages emit a GIGANTIC collision aura.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The stairs are so big (6 cliff units across) that I needed like 15 pathing maps to make it fit. So I made a custom 24x24 sized one with the edges.

Pathing maps? Hmmm

Well, MOST problems are solved, by using CTRL-D to view the REAL names of the maps, which gives you the dimensions.

If you need a custom, like this one, you can extract a few from the war3.mpq file and see how they work.

One doodad square, is 2 pixels by 2 pixels (in the TGA file - thats the map).

No, I never saw anything 1 pixel. Always even numbers for placing.

Then when you open em up, you can see what they are

Unbuildable (which is walkable) is some kinda true blue.
Ground block is Purple
Unbiased is black
Air and ground, air, and others - other colors.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Ah. Image-based. Cool. Thanks for the information :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Mmmmm, a puzzle idea (thanks for actually considering my last 'idea', considering how long and specific I made it :banghead: sorry) here, if you havent implemented it that is.
It is called Plumbing Perils (change title to whatever :)). Basically, the heros enter an area of the sewer sytem when CLANG! the gate closes behind them. This particular area has a large pit in the center, filled with an ugly looking acid. Even worse, the room is starting to flood; water is flowing into the acid pit and causing it to rise. If it overflows, the heros will be melted, killed, damaged, whatever. They must survive by breaking the pipes along the wall to turnoff the water supply ( a trough runs along the edges to keep the water from flowing towards the acid pit; the water source comes from various large pipes around the middlish area of the room ); however, soom pipes will shoot out acid instead, and damage the heros even more. Some pipes will have so much pressure that they actually shoot water out over the trough instead of into it, causing even more chaos by making the acid overflow faster. The various pipe's contents will shift every x seconds or so; green pipes will have acid, and blue pipes will have high water pressure. Each time the correct pipe is destroyed, the water flow decreases slightly from the main pipes, or they shut off one by one. As the last pipe is destroyed, the main pumping system ( located out on a platform in the middle of the acid pit ) implodes, and spurts out water like crazy. The acid pit rises up all the way and overflows now, but platforms along the walls rise up too, so that the acid barely laps over the platforms, damaging the heros slightly. The heros must break ALL the pipes now to overload the gate that locked them inside and be free. They take damage over time; hence, they have a very limited amount of time to complete their task. As more of the pipes are destroyed, the water rises even higher, damaging the heros more. To accout for this, some platforms will rise, but then others will drop completely into the acid, killing any units that are on them. Finally, as the last pipe is broekn, the gate cant take any more pressure and breaks open, releasing the flood of water/acid. The platforms sink down after a few moments, and inside the late pit of acid a teleporter or key or whatever appears, along with stairs to go into it. Again, sorry for how specific this was, just a thought that came to mind :) Although it might be tricky getting the acid to rise, maybe you could scale down difficulty level of this challenge and such.

My other idea was called cliffhanger. Basically, you are on the outside area of the castle, on the HIGH parts of the roof if possible, climbing around on the steeples and walkways and flying buttresses. You just have to navigate through all of the high parts without falling off, and pressing buttons and such to move bridges around if possible. If you step on some bridge moving buttons, gargoyles on the nearby pathway will activate, and then you have to fight them too.
Hope you like my ideas :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.