Whaddya think 'bout a WW3?

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Overpopulation would be a far greater problem in the world if it wasn't for war.

But wouldn't we also had focused more on coming up with a good solution then?

[OFF TOPIC]
My mom's boyfriend once was a captain or something in the Swedish army, and when he was younger he had this military teacher who always spoke about the "threat from east". Every day he spoke about it, and said that the east would attack and start war, until one day. Someone asked "But... isn't there a possibility that there might be a threat from west too?" The teacher looked kinda surprised and started thinking. "Well, that's an interesting thought..." and after thinking for a few seconds he continued "But wouldn't it be a damn long detour?

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Why is everyone so convinced that there's going to be some huge nuclear war where everybody dies? Nobody is dumb enough to launch an attack on a nuclear country. Basically what war consists of these days is some rich country beating up on a poorer country that doesn't have nuclear weapons. That's all that's been going on for the most part.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i think any ww3 will end up like the cold war from MAD
Mutually
Assured
Destruction
as for the people who wanna use them they havent thought about the above acronym M.A.D.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
This is just the start... more will come. Just look at the hydrogen bomb? The nuclear bomb is nothing compared to it. Seriously, think about it. How shall we be able to live in a world with such cruel forces?
The Hydrogen Bomb is a kind of nuclear weapon. "Nuclear weapon" is a very broad category, but I won't go into detail.

What we are seeing here seems to be a lot of localised conflict across the globe. I don't think a world war will come until everyone starts focusing on one paticular trouble spot and starts trying to muscle in on one side or another; that's how large-scale wars usually escalate.

Also, I have just seen the film Defiance, and have decided that I am going to go live in a cave in the most far-flung Northern parts of Scotland in the event of war.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Overpopulation would be a far greater problem in the world if it wasn't for war.

From 2005 to 2010 the population of India has increased by 83 million. The amount of deaths in World War II were nearly 73 million. I know, lets have a nuclear war in the far east because I hear they have big overpopulation problems over there, that could be a monstrous problem in decades to come. :rolleyes:

CaptDeath

Reaction score
From 2005 to 2010 the population of India has increased by 83 million. The amount of deaths in World War II were nearly 73 million. I know, lets have a nuclear war in the far east because I hear they have big overpopulation problems over there, that could be a monstrous problem in decades to come. :rolleyes:

so they need zombie Asians
there already zombies with wow and stuff
JKJK! i am Asian

-o

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Kay, here's what I believe. The radical Islamic countries and Russia will attack Israel. Israel will retaliate at the last second. But, suddenly, Russia and radical Islam as we know them will be burned by raining fire and sulfur. There, war of Gog and Magog over. Thanks for reading! Iraq will be spared, though. They still need to finish Babylon. Oh, and one part of Israel will burn. The Temple Mount, so that Israel can build a third temple. Then we can worry about WW3! Yay!

Not WW3 though. That comes later. It involves something like an evil U.N. that takes all of our weapons.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Heres my opinion:

World War 3 will be tried to be prevented by almost every country as much as possible. But, we're all hanging on a fuse that has been lit several times, and is now at the final bit, and will most likely be lit once more. Here are a few factors that might contribute to launching World War 3:

• World economic crisis (There was another world economic crisis (i.e. the great depression, which was solved after WW2 occured because of many european nation's problems after WW2.)
• America's first black president (This caused worldly attention, but America is known for racism, and it also makes other countries hate the U.S. because of the slogan "Change". Everybody in the world hates change, especially countries that are undeveloped.)
• Middle-eastern Energy Sources (The world is going after middle-eastern energy sources (i.e. oil) because oil is still one of the leading sources of energy which will make your military more powerful, you may have multiple countries at once trying to make a move on these middle-eastern countries, which is already occuring today.)
• Religious Tension (The world is still fighting over religion, which one is better, which one is right, and religion is also a major player in many wars.)
• Nuclear Development (Nuclear weapons, and many other types of nuclear weapons (i.e. thermonuclear weapons, atom bombs) are being developed in many un-developed nations, which can lead to a huge conflict between those nations and many of the larger-scale nations which are already developed, like Korea can probably blow up China, or Iran can blow up China with the single press of a button. Too much power honestly.)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Religious Tension (The world is still fighting over religion, which one is better, which one is right, and religion is also a major player in many wars.)

Please name one war that was purely motivated by religion. I get so mad at people who say this crap. Of course the politicians are going to say, "God bless our mission."

They want it to look like our nation is doing the right thing in truth we're killing commies, raping women, and kicking children on the streets. I'd really like some solid proof of this statement instead of a flock of teenagers nodding their heads in agreement because that is what their favorite rocker said on stage one night.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Please name one war that was purely motivated by religion. I get so mad at people who say this crap. Of course the politicians are going to say, "God bless our mission."

They want it to look like our nation is doing the right thing in truth we're killing commies, raping women, and kicking children on the streets. I'd really like some solid proof of this statement instead of a flock of teenagers nodding their heads in agreement because that is what their favorite rocker said on stage one night.

Favorite rocker? I don't know any rockers that sing about religion. Kthx.

I don't go by the politicians either, you've got crazy religious fanatics all over the world, and you can't say they won't try to incorporate religion into war.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Favorite rocker? I don't know any rockers that sing about religion. Kthx.

I don't go by the politicians either, you've got crazy religious fanatics all over the world, and you can't say they won't try to incorporate religion into war.

That's an individual's decision, but to wage a national war like a state v.s. a state something more physically precious must be the motivator such as land, gold, food, men, power, or knowledge. Greed begins wars.

I'm not lowering your intelligence. I'm just sick of reading these comments made by so many people online. I've never read any article or essay that claimed religion to be a prime motivator for war. It is only a tool the government uses to gain power from the church and its followers.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know any rockers that sing about religion.

What?!

Ninva said:
Please name one war that was purely motivated by religion.

What!?!? Come on. Almost every war that is going on right is now could be described as a religious war (Except for the War on Terror. Oh wait, "terror" is just another name for over zealous religious fanatics!)

The Muslims and Hindus are killing each other because of just religion. The Palestine/Israel conflict is yes, about real estate, but in the end it all goes back to the idea of a religious holy land.

There are also a bunch of Civil Wars going on right now because minorities and women aren't too happy about their rights. Yeah, the oppressor's religion tells them to curtail these rights. Women can't walk around and talk like they want and people are giving their lives to end this.

You should read about the middle ages in Europe. Tons of wars were fought involving the religion; the religion of the people, and the religion of royalty.

Just about every war that has ever been fought, since the beginning of time has been about religion, rights, or real estate. Religion being a major proponent in the second, and (think: Holy Land) the third. I don't understand how you can believe that religion doesn't motivate wars.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't believe that nonsense about Muslims killing themselves over religion. It makes them seem inhumane. The media only wants us to see them as savages, so we'd go down there and win the war. I feel there's a distortion, and it upsets me that I don't know what's going on in Iraq. Everyday I read about the war; I want to be there and see everything.

I've read about the Middle Ages. It was all about land and money. They added religion in the mix to inspire their warriors to die for them. All wars are pointless.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
The Crusades - just a few biggies right there

The crusades was a mess. There was little true leadership and when the first crusade of mindless raiders went into the Holy Land, the others had to follow. The Europeans went out to claim land that held sacred relics, so that just tells me the Catholic only wanted to fill their pockets with collectibles until they left that land. There wasn't much of a strong hold, and there has been too much skepticism over what happened in the crusades to say too much. I think the attempt to make the crusades seem to be a holy war is a blind stab, and it honestly can't be proven to be motivated as a purely scared war. Again, the concept of fighting for God and His "holy land" was the big poly for the peasants of Europe.

Crusaders didn't kill out of justice. They just saw all Arabs as enemies. This is why they killed so many. It was a uncontrolled chaos - not a war.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The crusades was a mess. There was little true leadership and when the first crusade of mindless raiders went into the Holy Land, the others had to follow. The Europeans went out to claim land that held sacred relics, so that just tells me the Catholic only wanted to fill their pockets with collectibles until they left that land. There wasn't much of a strong hold, and there has been too much skepticism over what happened in the crusades to say too much. I think the attempt to make the crusades seem to be a holy war is a blind stab, and it honestly can't be proven to be motivated as a purely scared war. Again, the concept of fighting for God and His "holy land" was the big poly for the peasants of Europe.

Crusaders didn't kill out of justice. They just saw all Arabs as enemies. This is why they killed so many. It was a uncontrolled chaos - not a war.

True you could look at it more as a massacre then a war.

Anyway my thoughts on World War 3... It may happen, yet again this is why organizations like the EU, NATO and (of course) the United Nations, exist. To prevent major wars from occurring, and trying to resolve things with treaties and talk. Hopefully that work but yet again, I have scene many comments like:
The UN is the most useless thing... ever.

But its also the best we got ;)

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Crusades - just a few biggies right there

This, ironically, was solely about land.

I don't believe that nonsense about Muslims killing themselves over religion.

Why would you ever kill yourself if not for religion, taking into account mental disorders and of course lack of a better life. If I were to blow myself up and kill innocent people in the process, I would want to be sure as hell that I got salvation.

This is religion.

EDIT - Sorry about double post.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Why would you ever kill yourself if not for religion, taking into account mental disorders and of course lack of a better life. If I were to blow myself up and kill innocent people in the process, I would want to be sure as hell that I got salvation.

This is religion.

EDIT - Sorry about double post.

I think this tactic is only used to get rid of American soldiers and American sympathizers. The terrorists in charge aren't stupid. If they were religiously inspired like their followers, then they'd go strap up and blow themselves up as well. But they don't because they want to fight a war by manipulating young men and boys. It's a real possibility that I feel people can't see through the conflicting ideas being thrown around in mass media. Actually, this possibility is as real as life. I'm sure you don't read too many stories about a Muslim leader blowing himself up with a group of his followers at a certain place. No, these suicide bombers keep coming back because of leaders. They have to be organized.

The Muslims aren't stupid nor savage. I think Americans really underestimate these people. It's slightly ironic because the British did the same thing to us during the Revolutionary war. They only fought because they didn't want to lose to silly rebels.

I remember reading a story about a group of three Muslim leaders fighting off a small squadron of American soldiers. The Americans had a Humvee and machine guns, yet they still had to put up a fight to survive. The leaders just used a clever tactic. They popped up and shot from different locations making it hard for the Americans to target them.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Funny. Some guy by the name of Nostradamus said that WW3 would happen right around the time america obtains it's first black president...

The majority of those kinds of things are all just postdiction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.