Whaddya think 'bout a WW3?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't read too many stories about a Muslim leader blowing himself up with a group of his followers at a certain place.

I think this is kind of a cynical approach to religion, that it's being used solely out of necessity of an excuse for suicide bombers. Muslim religious leaders have no need to pick fights with the United States, except out of conflict with Israel.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I remember reading a story about a group of three Muslim leaders fighting off a small squadron of American soldiers. The Americans had a Humvee and machine guns, yet they still had to put up a fight to survive. The leaders just used a clever tactic. They popped up and shot from different locations making it hard for the Americans to target them.

Guerrilla Warfare...

I think a war might be what we need, look at the last 2 world wars they've helped the economy, you may say it's sad but really it's not. It's in our nature, the balance of life.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I remember reading a story about a group of three Muslim leaders fighting off a small squadron of American soldiers. The Americans had a Humvee and machine guns, yet they still had to put up a fight to survive. The leaders just used a clever tactic. They popped up and shot from different locations making it hard for the Americans to target them.

Uhh... that's all this war is. It's not just one group.

I think this is kind of a cynical approach to religion, that it's being used solely out of necessity of an excuse for suicide bombers. Muslim religious leaders have no need to pick fights with the United States, except out of conflict with Israel.

Yes they do. The US has been trying to push them away from Islamic Law for a little while and the world powers have done a pretty good job of trying to suppress the area from making many advancements in weaponry. Specifically for the reason that they want to blow everyone else up.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score

We've invaded Iraq. Destroyed their leader, which ruled them sternly. Surely someone should have tough feelings about this, or they may see this as a chance to take over the government. I think the whole war is about power and land.

Guerrilla Warfare...

I think a war might be what we need, look at the last 2 world wars they've helped the economy, you may say it's sad but really it's not. It's in our nature, the balance of life.

I agree.

Varine

Reaction score
We've invaded Iraq. Destroyed their leader, which ruled them sternly. Surely someone should have tough feelings about this, or they may see this as a chance to take over the government. I think the whole war is about power and land.

What does that have to do with religious wars?

Seb!

Reaction score
Yes they do. The US has been trying to push them away from Islamic Law for a little while and the world powers have done a pretty good job of trying to suppress the area from making many advancements in weaponry. Specifically for the reason that they want to blow everyone else up.

Exactly, that is a religious reason, which is what I was trying to say.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Why would you ever kill yourself if not for religion, taking into account mental disorders and of course lack of a better life. If I were to blow myself up and kill innocent people in the process, I would want to be sure as hell that I got salvation.

I believe that major religious wars have nothing to do with religion at the top. The leaders of these things get power and land if they win. Its also a great way to recruit- what cause is better to die for then to die for God. Taking your example of the crusades. Many crusaders might of fault because they thought it was the will of God, or that God wanted them to control the holy land. However the Pope was getting rich off of this. Major trade to Italy opened up from the crusades.

Now as for a WW3? What you guys don't realize is that most major countries have no interest in fighting other major countries.

Russia attacked Georgia in the fall of 2008. However this wasn't much of a war. They were moving into a land that they said they had control over, and that they had civilian support in.

Number of nukes eventually means nothing. Major countries are not going to send nukes flying at each other; its guaranteed they'll be returned.

Russia will not attack East Europe. It would be just stupid to do it. NATO is far stronger then Russia. Currently Russia is ranked number 2 on Global Firepower (although China will probably soon take that spot imho). NATO includes countries like the US (ranked 1), Germany (ranked 5), France (ranked 6), Turkey (ranked 8), UK (ranked 10), Italy (ranked 11), and Canada (ranked 15). Russia has no chance.

What about China? Well from the point of view of the U.S., there's no possible war there either. We are too economically peaceful with them.

If you're looking for some major war, wait for India and Pakistan to tear each other up, or more realistically Israel and Iran. That's going to be a blood bath and I'm sure both sides are going to be fueled money and weapons from major countries.

If you want in on some big war. If you're from the U.S., Iraq is coming to a close, and Afghanistan still has a lot of work. The U.S. also manages to get in major conflicts about once every 10 years, and small ones along the way. I'm not joking on this one, here's a list of U.S. conflicts since WW2.
1939-1945 World War II
1950-1953 Korean War
1960-1975 Vietnam War
1961 Bay of Pigs Invasion
1983 Grenada
1989 US Invasion of Panama
1990-1991 Persian Gulf War
1993- Somalia (Black Hawk Down)
1995-1996 Intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina
2001 Invasion of Afghanistan
2003 Invasion of Iraq

Longest Period with no war- 8 years.

Guerrilla Warfare...

We already have a war. Army and Marine Corps already have some problems to deal with, to get enough troop for another major war you might need to draft, meaning you wouldn't have veterans.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
1939-1945 World War II
1950-1953 Korean War
1960-1975 Vietnam War
1961 Bay of Pigs Invasion
1983 Grenada
1989 US Invasion of Panama
1990-1991 Persian Gulf War
1993- Somalia (Black Hawk Down)
1995-1996 Intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina
2001 Invasion of Afghanistan
2003 Invasion of Iraq

Longest Period with no war- 8 years.

Don't forget the War on Alcohol before that :p

Varine

Reaction score
Do you know what the point of my post was? I thought you left for war, Varine.

I left for training that I got removed from because I hurt myself. I deploy in March, and I go to Ederle in a few days.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Also:To those people claiming that the countries with nukes who are not stupid to use em. America used to have bush as it's president,so what's preventing the other countries for not having a similar leader? NONE YA HEAR ME NONE!!
we're all gonna die!!

Varine

Reaction score
Also:To those people claiming that the countries with nukes who are not stupid to use em. America used to have bush as it's president,so what's preventing the other countries for not having a similar leader? NONE YA HEAR ME NONE!!
we're all gonna die!!

Because Bush used a nuke?

In like four years you're all going to realize that he was actually a pretty good President given the situations and you didn't understand the majority of what was going on.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
we're all gonna die!!
As much as I disagree with many of Bushes actions, I don't consider his policies to have been amazingly provocative towards destructive nuclear situations. Nor did he ever use a nuke, which you imply.

Speaking of which, America did not USED to have Bush as its president. He still IS the president. He still WILL be president until the Tuesday after this next one. You'd better get used to having him as president, because he's here to stay for another 9 days.

After that, a historical event occurs. America gets its first Hawaiian president.

Yea, I'm not sure you fully understand how elections work. First, the people cast their votes in elections to determine who their state will vote for.
Then, the electors from each state, which number the same as the amount of congressman the state has, cast their votes on December 15. Sometimes states have laws to force the electors to vote how they want them to. States can cast their votes however they want, but usually all votes from a state go to the winner of that state. On January 6 (but for this election they used the 8th), the votes cast by the electors are counted and the president-elect is officially determined. Only on January 20 of this year will Obama finally be sworn in.

It's a really silly and archaic system designed for the days when states were semi-independant entities (ie, pre-civil-war), but it reflects the people's democratic choice pretty well. Except in 1876, 1888, and 2000.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Im still stocking up on ammo,guns and getting my nuclear bomb shelter built

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
NATO includes countries like the US (ranked 1), Germany (ranked 5), France (ranked 6), Turkey (ranked 8), UK (ranked 10), Italy (ranked 11), and Canada (ranked 15). Russia has no chance.
I find it irratatingly curious that the UK is only ranked 10th and yet we were the first to follow America into every war it started in the 21st Century. Cursed Tony Blair!
Also, where does this information come from?
Major trade to Italy opened up from the crusades.
Italy didn't exist as a state until the 19th Century.

Seb!

Reaction score
In like four years you're all going to realize that he was actually a pretty good President given the situations and you didn't understand the majority of what was going on.

In years to come, everyone will be admitting the idiocy of Bush. His administration will become a joke, albeit not a funny one. He lied many times about situations that he knew wouldn't benefit the American people, he tore up the bill of rights by (among other things) wiretapping citizens without a subpoena (without a subpoena! That's what they do in Czechoslovakia!), and he turned a surplus economy and a peaceful relationship with the rest of the world into a recession and alienated hostility with previous allies. We got attacked on American soil, and the Bush Administration had intelligence that told us that Bin Laden was going to use planes as weapons. He completely failed the people of New Orleans during a natural disaster. He lined the pockets of himself and his cronies while turning the reputation of American government into a travesty of what it used to be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.