Whaddya think 'bout a WW3?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
With all the nukes people are getting nervous,
Who will fire first out of fear?

That's a cold war. I've read in NEWSWEEK a while back that we're in a cold war. I dunno. The Cold War was scarier than it is now.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
He was alright but he made alot of uncalled for/poor choices.
Such as:
Bombing iraq saying there were bombs there when really a weapons deal went wrong with Osama Binladen.

what does that even mean?

On topic:
I think WW3 will happen in the next 8 years.
Why you ask?
Americas running out of oil.
Canada has oil.
Tons of wars with the russians already.
With all the nukes people are getting nervous,
Who will fire first out of fear?

1. America has oil (3rd largest producer) just high consumption. The U.S., however, has high spending power so if they really wanted to, they could get off oil (my guess is we'll start that process soon, and it will take probably about 10 yrs)

2. Ok? Good for Canada?

3. Who's had tons of wars with Russia? The U.S.? If that's what you mean, the U.S. has NEVER gone to war with Russia or the Soviet Union. Russia doesn't have a rediculous military budget either. Germany now spends more on its military then Russia.

4. All of the nukes? Countries are not producing nukes anymore! I'm pretty sure there is a treaty stating it. So now major countries are just maintaining their nuclear arsonal. And your idea of the world being this tense place about to explode? Christ, you think that once money gets a little bit tight, everything falls apart. Close to nuclear war is the Cuban Missle Crisis, and we're still here!

Also, where does this information come from?

Globalfirepower.com

Italy didn't exist as a state until the 19th Century.
Italy as a nation didn't, I'm talking about Italy as a general place. Papal States? Rome?

That's a cold war. I've read in NEWSWEEK a while back that we're in a cold war. I dunno. The Cold War was scarier than it is now.
It was scarier then because we're not in a cold war... Explain to me who we're in a cold war with?

This is getting rediculous. If someone states that we're going to get a WW3. Say which country is going to start it, and I'll tell you why they won't.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is getting rediculous. If someone states that we're going to get a WW3. Say which country is going to start it, and I'll tell you why they won't.

Agreed. WW3 will never be started by a developed nation that has any awareness or sense of what is right. Such a war between nuclear countries would have to have a very good reason for happening. If there will soon be a large war, it will be between poor and desperate nations such as the plagued religious groups of the Middle East.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
All some valid points,
Though canada has more oil than america, And america has a large consumption of oil. (Same with canada but not so much)
Now with my point there being is america (I think) will launch an attack on alberta for the oil there.

*sigh*

Come on, man. You can't seriously be suggesting that the Obama Administration (or any other sane group of human individuals) would launch an offensive on a peaceful neighbor's territory to secure oil.

First of all, America would never start an offensive war with an ally for any reason whatsoever ever, for any reason, ever. Ever.

Second of all, a war with Canada would consume and cost much more money and oil than could possibly gained by attacking.. Alberta? Wtf?

Whatever, I'm just going to take that as a joke..

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
In years to come, everyone will be admitting the idiocy of Bush. His administration will become a joke, albeit not a funny one. He lied many times about situations that he knew wouldn't benefit the American people, he tore up the bill of rights by (among other things) wiretapping citizens without a subpoena (without a subpoena! That's what they do in Czechoslovakia!), and he turned a surplus economy and a peaceful relationship with the rest of the world into a recession and alienated hostility with previous allies. We got attacked on American soil, and the Bush Administration had intelligence that told us that Bin Laden was going to use planes as weapons. He completely failed the people of New Orleans during a natural disaster. He lined the pockets of himself and his cronies while turning the reputation of American government into a travesty of what it used to be.

In years to come, when intelligence can be released that currently can't and through hindsight, you'll realize how idiotic the nation has been the last several years.

Bombing iraq saying there were bombs there when really a weapons deal went wrong with Osama Binladen.

The intelligence that we had said there were WMD's there. Huge stocks of Uranium were found as well as barrels of chemicals that are generally used in chemical warfare. I can't think of what he would need Uranium and chemicals for, especially given that Iraq wasn't allowed to have them.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The intelligence that we had said there were WMD's there. Huge stocks of Uranium were found as well as barrels of chemicals that are generally used in chemical warfare. I can't think of what he would need Uranium and chemicals for, especially given that Iraq wasn't allowed to have them.
The intelligence that we probably made up said there were WMD's there. Huge stocks of absolutely nothing of consequence were found, thus why the search for WMD's was abandoned in 2005 and why people talk about how Saddam totally must have snuck the weapons out, or some random stuff like that.

Huge numbers of internal documents suggesting that the Iraqi government had dealt with their WMD were, however, found.

There was indeed some uranium found in Iraq, but stockpiled raw materials are hardly suprising. It also wasn't of the quantity you would want for a huge-scale atomic bomb production program.

Varine

Reaction score
There was indeed some uranium found in Iraq, but stockpiled raw materials are hardly suprising. It also wasn't of the quantity you would want for a huge-scale atomic bomb production program.

500 tons is a small amount? Iran didn't even buy 100 tons.

We found a store of over 1500 gallons of chemicals used in weapons.

Iraq isn't allowed to have either according to numerous resolutions and treaties.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The 500 tons we found was stockpiled yellowcake. Not exactly bombs-ready-to-go.

And please tell me where it states that 1500 gallons of weapon chemicals were found and how we know that said chemicals were for sure going into weapons production.

In any case, the WMD search turned up no weapons, which makes no sense if a nation has been at WMD production for decades. What we found certainly LOOKED like unused stockpiles.

Varine

Reaction score
And please tell me where it states that 1500 gallons of weapon chemicals were found and how we know that said chemicals were for sure going into weapons production.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=060622055545.07o4imol&show_article=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/13/AR2005081300530.html

And then there is the other thing with me having been there and knowing certain things I'm not allowed to talk about.

And yellowcake Uranium can be enriched for use in weapons.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Remnants of the REALLY old programs, degraded badly. Hardly 'WMD's anymore.

The lab was thought to have been created after the invasion, thus ruining any justification here.

And then there is the other thing with me having been there and knowing certain things I'm not allowed to talk about.
That's not really an argument...

And yellowcake Uranium can be enriched for use in weapons.
Of course. But finding a bunch of yellowcake is hardly the same as finding a weapons factory or warheads.

South-Titan

Reaction score
About religion:

If the US went to religious war, we'd get nuked by ourselves. We don't have an official religion. Catholicism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Islam, Muslim, Judaism, Shinto, Taoism, the possibilities are endless. We will erupt in civil war if we attack someone because they're a certain religion.

Example:

"Oh, I'ma attack 'Country X' because THEY'RE only HALF Cathlic"

Cathlics: "Protest time, let's go erupt into chaos in NYC, DC, Seattle, San Francisco, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, and every other major city!"

Protestants: WOOHOO! *trigger-happy* America hates Cathlics! Let's go kill some people!"

Civil. War. And no offense to Catholics and Protestants.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
FALLOUT 3!

Time to escape from Vault 101, and welcome to the wasteland. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.